Heartbroken

Heartbroken

A Chapter by Marcy Chavez

The thought of her sad face while he told her about his sudden return to England was just too horrible to even imagine. And as Robert was lying on his bed that night he just didn't feel any need of sleeping. He felt frustrated and angry, but he knew he had to gather the courage to look into those beautiful eyes that had been imprint in his heart since the moment he saw them. There was nothing he enjoyed most that seeing her smiling, enjoying, being happy whenever he was around her, but he was sure the next time he see her, everything will be different. 

But what he was truly most scared of was, to lose her. After all he had just promised to be with her and take care of her and that was precisely the main things he was not going to be able to do.

The next day finally came and as the sun break through the window, Robert opened his eyes and slowly got up from bed. He had sleep for barely two hours, he felt tired and weak, but most of all he felt like a jerk for what he was about to do to the girl whom he loved the most, to the only person who had accepted him for who he was.

After the longest day at school in his entire life, he offered to give her a ride home. While they were on the car, there was only silence, something very unusual for them. Nerissa noticed that something was wrong with Robert. She looked at him and smiled as she slowly held his hand and squeezed it a little.

"Rob, what's wrong?" She asked him.

That, of course made it even harder for him to say what he needed to tell her. He didn't answered and he didn't even looked at her. He just pulled over to the side of the road and leaned his head on the wheel and closed his eyes.

"Robert, come on what's wrong? Just tell me" She insisted and patted his shoulder a little but he still not looking at her.

She took her seat belt off and got closer to him, hugged him and caressed his hair.

"Come on baby, you know you can just tell me anything, you got to trust me"

Hearing her sweet voice trying to comfort him made him feel like he was a jerk for what he was about to tell her.

"So, what is it?" She whispered.

Robert sighed and finally looked into her eyes.

"I'm going back to England"

She smiled and slightly giggled

"Yes I know, but that's not gonna happen in one year and a ha-"
He interrupted her as she was talking to break the bad news. He shook his head and smiled sadly.

"I'm leaving in three weeks"

As she heard those sad words coming out of his mouth her face fell and her smile suddenly turned into a frown.

"But why?"

"Well my father's plans changed and so did mine, just as always"

She couldn't say anything else as she noticed the sadness and anger in his eyes. She simply went back to her seat and looked out the window, and after a few seconds she just got out of the car and started walking the opposite direction. Robert quickly got out and went after her.

"Nerissa wait!" He shouted, but she didn't stop.

He ran and grabbed her by the arm, forcing her to stop.

"What are you doing?" He asked standing in front of her.

Her eyes were filled with tears and she could barely speak.

"Does it matter what I do?" She asked him.

"Well yeah, why are you running away from me?"

"You don't get it Robert, now that I know I'm gonna lose the only person I have truly loved, what's the point of staying?"

"And why you wouldn't want to stay with me the last days I will be here?"

"Because...all the time I have spend with you I treasure in my heart and my mind and any more second I spend with you is gonna turn into one more second harder to forget you" She said between sobs.

"But why would you want to forget me?" He asked her breaking into tears too.

"Robert, I'm gonna lose you forever" She said caressing his face a little.

"You're never going to lose me, I will always come back to you, one way or another, I promise" He said grabbing her hands and kissing them.

"Oh yeah, just like you promised to be here for me and never leave?" She said sarcastically.

"But this is not my choice!"

"I should have known, all you wanted was to get me into bed with you and then leave, just like the rest of the jerks I know"

His eyes widen by the shock of hearing her saying that about him.

"What? You really think that about me?"

"Well why shouldn't I?"

He shook his head. He just couldn't believe what she was just said. He expected a completely different reaction from her, but the truth was, she was more upset at him that at the reason he was leaving for.

"Ok, fine. If that is what you really think about me, I guess I can just go back without feeling any remorse, because after all, there's not gonna be anyone missing me back here" He said raising his voice at her a little, being sarcastic and mean just as when they first met.

"You are a complete jerk, you haven't changed one bit!" She said looking at him.

"Just get back on the car to take you home ok? You can't stay here in the middle of the road" He said to her.

She stared at him for a few seconds and then walked back to the car.

The situation was now even more uncomfortable than at the beginning, they were not talking to each other and while Robert was trying for her not to notice how heartbroken he really was, she was trying not to break down in tears.

When Robert finally pulled over in front of her house, he was about to say something to her when she just quickly got out and walked inside her house without even look at him. But what Robert didn't knew was that, the second she closed the door of the car and started walking towards the door, her heart was breaking inside her and she couldn't contain the tears, it was just too much pain to know she was not going to see him again.

Robert looked at her until she went inside and then instead of driving to his house he drove to the mountain he had been to with Nerissa so many times before and where they had made so many memories. He felt so angry at his father that he even felt like he wanted to kill him, and it was better for him not to go back to his house that night, he knew it was better for everyone if he was not around while feeling that angry. He just screamed to the air, letting his anger out and crying his heart out.

He just couldn't understand why when his life seemed to be going perfect, his father had to ruin it all, just like he had ruined everything else he loved.


© 2014 Marcy Chavez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on December 3, 2014
Last Updated on December 3, 2014
Tags: a million heartbeats, love, romance, drama, friendship, family


Author

Marcy Chavez
Marcy Chavez

Andheri, TX, India



About
Obviously my passion is writing. And writing is a gift I have to thank my wonderful father for, because he is a great writer .To me writing is the best way to get out my deepest feelings and to expres.. more..

Writing
Part One Part One

A Chapter by Marcy Chavez


Part Two Part Two

A Chapter by Marcy Chavez


Part Three Part Three

A Chapter by Marcy Chavez