chapter two

chapter two

A Chapter by Miquela Eberly

“well, then Caden, Thank you, I dont  know what i would have done if you hadn’t showed up” I grabbed his hand, but guessed by his muslce tone that he was lying. “it was nothing, it’s getting late, you should probably get going.”  I grunted.

“and what about you?, do you have a place to stay tonight?” Cyrus asked.

“and what makes you think i don’t”

Cyrus looked me up and down, raising an eyebrow. i blushed a little more remembering my appearance. “I’ll take that as no, come on, you saved my life, the least i can do is offer you a place to stay."

I sighed and nodded, it wasn't like I had much of a choice. So I followed him to his house, he hummed slightly to him self as we walked. When we reached the gate of a large mansion, Cyrus turned to me.

"Now before I let you in, I have a question"

I gulped, praying he wasn't going to ask just exactly who I was. "Do want to be my bodyguard?"

" What?, why do need a bodyguard?"

"What happened today, actually happens quit often"

"I'll need to know everything about you"

"Um, alright, well, my name is Cryus Jay Parks and I peed the bed until I was nine"

He said it with a smirk that pissed me off slightlyl. "You know that's not what I meant"

His smile widened at my tone. "Yeah, I know, come inside I'll explain the rest."

Cyrus explained that his parents were Richard and Elizabeth parks and how his father had become extremely wealthy working for the government, although he didn't say what exactly his father did.

     I was amazed at how much Cyrus' parents trusted his opinion. They didn't ask me any questions nor did they ask to see my skills, they just simply agreed. When I finish talking with them, Cyrus took me on a tour of the house. It was huge and people were dashing up and down the long hallways.

We came to a door at the end of the hallway on the 3rd floor, there were six all together. “well this is your room, I’ll be back later to check on you” Cyrus said as he opened the door. I walked inside, scanning the room. Directly across from the door was a queen sized bed with plain brown sheets. To the left of the bed was a wooden desk with a small lamp, and to the right was a small closet. Other then that though the was pretty empty.

I’d been lying on the bed for almost an hour when I heard a small knock on the door. “come in” I called. Cyrus walked in carrying several bags. “hey, look what i got you, It’s like christmas!” he said as he began to empty the contents onto the bed. He pulled out two sets of clothes, one a t-shirt and sweatpants and the other a button-up shirt and jeans. “we can go shopping for more later” he said, pulling out a laptop. I didnt know what to say, it confused me.

“No, dont say anything, I’m not taking it back, you’ll need it for school” he said, judging by the look on my face. “school?” i asked confused.

“yeah, you”ll need to be with me at all times, so we’re enrolling you in my high school, my father’s pulling strings, so hopefully you’ll be able to start on monday” he said contently. We sat in silence for a few minutes until cyrus got up to leave. he opened the door halfway and turned back, bright blue eyes trained on me, “goodnight, Caden” he said then turned and walked out, shutting the door behind him. In that moment i felt something strange rise in my chest, something pleasant and disgusting at the same time.

I opened the closet to find a few hangers and a mirror that hung from the door, matching it in length. Watching myself in the mirror, I began to take off my tattered suit. When I had removed the jacket and shirt, I began to unwind the bandages that bound my chest. At that point, they had become harder to hid. I put on the t-shirt and sweatpants, and made my way to the bed.


© 2014 Miquela Eberly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014