Chapter six

Chapter six

A Chapter by Miquela Eberly

“She’s going to be just fine, Mr.parks” I heard a voice say through the fogginess. My eyes fluttered open, revealing a small hospital room.The room was empty except for a sleeping cyrus in the chair beside my hospital bed. Through the small window in the door, I saw the Parks and a man who appeared to be a doctor. The door handle began to turn slowly. Cyrus jumped at the sound. “Easy boy, It’s just me” Mr. Parks said as he closed the door behind him. “good you’re awake. We need to talk, Caden” I raised my hand to stopped him from saying anymore. “Sir, please, if you’re asking for the truth, I’ll tell you.” He nodded and took a seat across the room. I told him about my past, “Sir you have every right to turn me away, and I’ll respect your decision.” I said after i finished.

“I know, Avalon, and that’s what i should do-” Mr.parks was interrupted by Cyrus slamming his fist down on the chair arm. “No! I dont care what you should do! For the first time I’ve found someone i want to protect, someone i want to have my back. And i'm not letting you take her away from me!” Cyrus was out of breath and trembling with rage. I stared at him, completely shocked. Mr. Parks crossed the room and grabbed his Cyrus by the shoulders.

“Calm down, I may be getting old, but i haven't lost my touch. I did a background check on Caden and when I found he was dead and Avalon was missing i put two and two together. I also talked with Sean, He spoke very highly of you, Avalon” The mention of Sean brought back the events of the party. “We have to find them” I shouted.

“Find who?” Cyrus asked. I quickly explained what I had seen. I tried getting up but Cyrus placed a hand on my shoulder, gently pushing me back. “You need to rest, with the lack of sleep and the shock of your brother, you’ve been worn out. I promise we’ll find your brother.” his hand made it’s way up to my cheek, and he leaned forward resting his forehead on mine. I heard the door close as Mr. Parks left. “I promise” he whispered before he pressed his lips against mine.Slowly he pull away, “Avalon, I was trying to tell you something last night, but i sorta got distracted.

“Sorta?” I chuckled. Cyrus smirked, making  my stomach do flips. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. “What i was trying to say was, I think may be falling for you” My heart fluttered at his words. My own words seem to stick into my throat but i forced them out. “I think I am too”



© 2014 Miquela Eberly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014