Chapter 4: And I didn't care

Chapter 4: And I didn't care

A Chapter by Miss_Stery

Chapter 4:

Austin James Cerilio

I lied down beside Middnight and slowly fell asleep.

I woke to the sound of blood curdling scream. Middnight was screaming and she didn’t even have her eyes open. And then it hit me, ‘I have trouble sleeping without music.’ I hopped out of bed running to my music center and put on the CD she had made for herself. Slowly she started calming down, and soon she opened her eyes and flung her light body against mine.

Tears rolled down her beautiful face and my heart ached. I wanted to put an end to her suffering to make her better but I didn’t know how. I felt her pull away once she realized she was in my arms, but I didn’t let her. I tightened my grip on her and rocked her back and forth until, once again she was asleep.

I was in shock, pure and utter shock. I knew she had trouble sleeping but I didn’t know to what extent. I disentangled her from my body and set her gently on the bed, hoping this wouldn’t happen again. Seeing her in so much pain sent me over the edge. And what really pushed me over was that I had feelings for her. In all my 18 years of life I’ve never experienced a feeling as strong as this, or any feeling like this for that matter.

I stroked her soft black hair and watched as she slept peacefully. I closed my eyes, and saw nothing but her gorgeous face, her curvaceous body, and us dancing. Moving as one, bodies so close, that there was no space in between us. Soon darkness began to take over once more and I fell asleep.

  

“Lord Austin, Lady Middnight, breakfast is ready.” I sighed and told her to bring in the cart of food. After she left I looked over to see Middnight rubbing her eyes. I resisted the urge to sigh as I looked at her. I brought the cart closer to the bed and she shook her head signaling that she wasn’t hungry, and quite frankly neither was I. She opened her mouth to speak but then realized that her throat was dry. Probably from all that screaming. I poured her a glass of orange juice and handed it to her. She took a long swig and smiled thankfully at me.

“Middnight can I ask you a question?”

“You just did but okay.”

“What did you dream about last night?” Her body tensed and tears leaked out of her big horror-struck eyes.

“I don’t know all I remember was kids and a boy our age he was evil and heartless. Blood, so much blood splattered by the boy. Then I felt like I was on fire, and then I cooled down. Way down, and soon I was so cold I couldn’t feel anything. It was awful, there was so much pain. I could feel everything that the boy was doing to the kids and their families.” By the time she finished she was in full blown tears and I had her wrapped up in my arms.

“Venez sur.” I called to her extending my hand out while standing up. She hesitantly took my hand and I pulled her out of the room. I walked into my closet and all the way back into the far right corner. I leaned down and pushed on the wall. The wall slid back opening up a space for me to walk into. I pulled Middnight along even though I knew she was confused.

After several twists and turns we came out into the garden. A secret garden. On the outside it had a door with a lock that had no key, so you could never come in here unless you went through my closet. I led her into the middle of the wild flowers. There were irises, forget me nots, daisies, thorn less roses, and lilies of all colors and sorts. We lay down in all the roses and I told her how I used to come here to relieve stress, and to think about big decisions. For hours we laid there talking and learning about each other. I knew that I was falling, falling quick and hard for her. And I didn’t care.



© 2011 Miss_Stery


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its good, no its great.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011


Author

Miss_Stery
Miss_Stery

Where the wind takes me...



About
Hello, my name is Emily Rose Carter. But if you were one of those paranoid people and looked me up, you will find that I do not exist. Just like Lemony Snicket, Emily Rose Carter is a pseudonym. I lov.. more..

Writing