November 14th, 2007

November 14th, 2007

A Chapter by Speak in Silence

There she was. Sitting on the curb. Why was she here? Did she have friends here? Family? Why? I hadn't seen her in forever it felt like, but still it was if nothing changed. Stomach in knots, sweaty palms, nervous. All the same. It was just like the first day I saw her, and every day since then.

She long, blonde hair was flowing with the wind out from beanie. Her grey, fleece sweater was stretched over her hands from years of wear. Her face was buried in a blue coffee mug, trying to keep warm. The steam was hitting her face and slowing evaporating into the chilly, November wind. Once again, I couldn't take my eyes off her. This time there was no lunch hour crowd to hide me, this time I was in plain sight.

What was wrong with me? I couldn't stop staring. Sure, she was a beautiful young woman but there are TONS of "young women" in New York. Why was I so fixated on her? What made her SO different?  Damn, I was a total freak. She must think so too. I hope she doesn't see me. No. I take that back, I hope she has never seen me.

I didn't even notice how close I was getting until I was just a couple yards from her. I must have been really lost in thought that time.

"Keep your head down, maybe she won't notice you. Just act casual."

As I got a little closer I could hear her humming "Joy to the World" and smell the strong sent of hazelnut coffee. Her voice was as beautiful as she was. Even though she was humming, you could just tell. By the time I was passing her, the sent was almost intoxicating, her voice was addictive. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't.

As I was turning the corner the sent slowly faded, the sound of her melody disappeared. Just like that, I was pulled back to reality, back to honking horns, loud music and sirens. 



© 2012 Speak in Silence


Author's Note

Speak in Silence
Sorry guys. This was suppose to be up WAY sooner. I actually wrote it last weekend and then my computer decided to crash and everything got erased :/ I honestly haven't had time to write it during the week because of my school. Well I didn't get it up ASAP but I got it up (: I hope everyone likes it and if you don't I will do my best to make the next one ten times better (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. Its so cool. I really want to read more.
Keep going :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you (:
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
You've done it again! Beautiful! There just two typos i spotted: at the start of the second paragraph "she" should be "her". And in the last section "sent" should be "scent". But apart from that its great! Cant wait to read more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thanks a ton (:
I really like this. It's so beautifully written, and so sweet. You so clearly have a skill with writing and i look forward to reading the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you (: and thanks for reading (:
Such excellent writing....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thanks (:
Woah... he found her at last

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Yeah (:
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

;D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012


Author

Speak in Silence
Speak in Silence

NC



About
Hi! My name's Victoria and I'm a Tumblr addict. I love bands and my doggie Scoutypoo. I like going in vintage and antique markets and I like the smell of old books. I like how the sun shines through.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..