Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Nash-asha

At Lilly’s two o’clock feeding, Brittany looked in on James, he wasn’t moving. Brittany put Lilly back into her crib and picked up James. He was as cold as ice! Brittany called 9-1-1 knowing James was dead anyway. When the EMT’s arrived, they pronounced him dead on the scene. When questioned, Brittany told the police what the doctors had said and that she had just looked at him ten minutes before. Brittany called Keagan and told him all that had happened. Keagan rushed home to be with Brittany.
Brittany was devastated. She couldn’t believe he died when she was supposed to be watching him. She just couldn’t believe it; it was all so surreal to her. She had just brought him home. Nobody had the opportunity to meet him and now they would have to bury him. Brittany decided to bury him next to her Mom so she didn’t’ have to go to far when she visited.
The police ran all kinds of tests to ensure  the Brittany hadn’t killed James. When the police found no evidence, they finally let Brittany mourn the way she deserved. Brittany started drinking and doing drugs again. Keagan found out and went ballistic! He told Brittany that if she didn’t quit, He would take Lilly away and she’d never see her again. Brittany tried to quit, but she couldn’t.
There was no way for her to. She thought people would understand why she was doing wthat she was, but all they ever told her was, Brittany, this isn’t the way you need to be grieveing. You still have your daughter to think about.  Then, one night after Brittany had been drinking very heavily, Lilly woke up in the middle of the night for her traditional feeding.  Brittany went into the room and was yelling at Lilly to “SHUT UP!” When Lilly didn’t stop crying, Brittany closed the door and walked out.  Keagan came home thirty minutes later to see Brittany passed out on the couch and Lilly still crying.
Keagan told Brittany she had to clean up or he was leaving. Brittany purposed that she was going to get clean. While Brittany was going through her withdraw, she threw a tray of food and got fired. She refused to tell Keagan so, she acted everyday like she was going to work, but she was really meeting up with a man named Kalvin. Brittany met Kalvin at Denny’s. Kalvin was a highly respected business man, who is married and has three kids, but was very unhappy with his wife. Brittany, knowing this, went to her friend Caylie, a prostitute, to ask how she would go about helping this man.
Brittany agreed to meet with Kalvin four nights a week for no less than $300.00 a week. He agreed, because she was a beautiful woman. Brittany’s only saving grace, was that Keagan never asked her where she was getting the extra money. Brittany had it planned out for when he would ask though. She was going to tell him that she had received a promotion at work and had forgotten to tell him. Most of the money was in cash so it was a lot easier to hide and to keep it a secret.
As time went on though, Brittany fell back to her old ways again. Drinking, and doing drugs every night, fighting with Keagan, and being late to meet Kalvin were just a few things that she did. The biggest was what happened to Lilly.



© 2008 Nash-asha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 18, 2008


Author

Nash-asha
Nash-asha

Ocala, FL



About
I'm 17 graduating in '09. I started writing a couple of years ago. When I first started, I was writing screen plays for an acting class. I started writing poetry in that class and LOVED it...I kinda e.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nash-asha


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Nash-asha