Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Nash-asha

One night when Brittany came home after meeting Kalvin, Lilly woke up crying. Brittany, of course, was drunk and high as usual. She went to the nursery and told Lilly to be quiets. When Lilly wouldn’t, Brittany walked out and closed the door. She made Lilly a bottle, but miss counted the amount of powder she put in. Brittany returned to the nursery with the bottle in hand and picked up Lilly. She carried her over to the rocking chair and attempted to sit, but when she did, she missed the chair. She swore angrily and got up. She sat down in the chair and gave Lilly the bottle. Lilly began to drink the formula, but then suddenly stopped and began squirming and crying again.
“What the hell is wrong with you? Why won’t you eat it? It’s just like the rest.” Brittany screamed. Lily continued to push the bottle away. Brittany gave up trying to force her to eat for a few minutes, but when Lilly began crying again, she shoved the bottle into Lilly’s face knocking her in the mouth. The made Lilly wail!
Brittan got up and put her back in the crib with her binky and closed the door. After five minutes, Brittany went back in and picked Lilly up. By now she was infuriated. She held Lilly up in front of her and screaming at her, “Why won’t you stop crying? If I was hit in the face like that and screamed like you, I’d be embarrassed!”
This made Lilly scream even louder. Brittany continued to yell, but then she started shaking her. Lilly began to cry still louder, and Brittany finally gave up consoling her. She was walking back to the crib and tripped. Lilly’s head hit the leg of the crib, snapping Lilly’s neck killing her instantly. Brittany picked her up and thought to herself, Finally. Brittany left the room and didn’t think twice about what had happened. She layed down on the couch and passed out.
When Keagan came home, he fell asleep in the Lazy boy and didn’t wake up until he smelled breakfast being cooked in the kitchen the next morning. Brittany walked over to him and hugged him and kissed him.
“Good morning, Babe.”
“Good morning, Brittany.”
“How was work last night?” Brittany asked as she sat down on the arm of the recliner.
“It could’ve been better. Dad’s giving me a lot of crap again. He’s only giving me the desk work.”
“Aww…I’m sorry. I know how much you hate that.”
“Yeah, but I’ll do what it takes or my family. Speaking of that how’s Lilly?”
“ I don’t know. She hasn’t woken up yet this morning. “
“Hmm…not really like her is it. I wonder if we should go and check on her.”
“No, I think she’s okay. We had a rough night last night. She’s allowed to sleep in don’t you think?”
“Yeah, I guess she can for a little bit.”
On that note, they went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. While they ate, Keagan told Brittany more about the night he had. How his dad wasn’t speaking to him again and how his dad saw it more fit for a teenage parent to not break his back out in the field. I’m sure you’re wondering where the Johnson’s are right now. Well for the last two weeks they’ve been in California visiting their other grandchildren. They were actually due back in a few days.
When Lilly didn’t wake up by noon, Brittany got worried and went in to check on her. She rubbed Lilly’s back and noticed how pale she looked. Brittany picked her up and saw the dent that was in Lilly’s head where she had hit the crib and how her head was sitting rather oddly on her shoulders. Then Brittany remembered…She had killed her daughter! She feel to the floor and began to weep clinging to Lilly’s lifeless body. Hearing all the commotion, Keagan went upstairs. Keagan kneeled down next to Brittany placing his hand on her back. He saw the lifeless body of Lilly.
“Brittany…what’s happened?” Keagan asked choking back tears.
“I’ve…killed her.” Brittany wailed looking into Keagan’s eyes. “It’s all my fault! I was drinking and didn’t realize when I fell why she’d stopped crying. I’m a horrible mother.” Brittany set down the remains of her daughter down and left the room. She went to her room and pulled out the suitcases. Keagan came in behind her.
“What’re you doing?” insisted Keagan. “Where do you think you’re going?”
“I’m going to rehab. I can’t believe this happened.” Brittany wailed putting her hand in her face.
“Oh no you’re not! You’re going to jail! You’ve killed my daughter! I told you to stop drinking! But you being selfish, thought only of yourself and no one else.”
“Keagan,” she pleaded, “It was an accident. Please don’t…”
Keagan cut her off. “Don’t you dare say an accident. This could’ve been prevented!”
Brittany sat down on the bed. “I know. How do you think I feel? I’ve killed my baby. I’ve let both of my children die. It’s all my fault! James shouldn’t have been in the crib for a few more days, but I had Lilly to deal with too and I was doing it all by myself.” Brittany couldn’t go any further. Keagan grabbed his cell phone and called the police.
They were there within minutes. They looked around and then began questioning both Brittany and Keagan. They even asked if they were the ones who lost the little boy not more than a week ago. Brittany regrettably told them it was true and how she had disobeyed the doctors. The police immediately demanded to hear a reaccount of the night for them; this Keagan demanded to be present for. The police allowed him to be present for this.
 



© 2008 Nash-asha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on July 18, 2008


Author

Nash-asha
Nash-asha

Ocala, FL



About
I'm 17 graduating in '09. I started writing a couple of years ago. When I first started, I was writing screen plays for an acting class. I started writing poetry in that class and LOVED it...I kinda e.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nash-asha


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Nash-asha