The Song that Got Stuck in My Head

The Song that Got Stuck in My Head

A Story by Notedge

Have you ever heard a song that is so meaningful to you?

It was a hot summer day, the radio was on when I heard a song that greatly impacted me I didn’t even try to understand the lyrics I just loved the rhythm. Years later, I got my first instrument a ukulele �" it has four nylon strings that are softer than the guitar’s strings. It is made up of smooth quality wood that smells good like the guitar, but it is small like the violin. After that, I learned the basics and became kind of good at it.

It was a cold; cold night and the radio were still on and I heard that song again and it got stuck in my head again and I remembered the first time I heard that song. After that night I tried to learn that song on my new instrument, as I strummed the strings, I felt alive because I could play the song that I love. Sometime after that, the song was kind of overplayed as it was all over the radio. My taste in music kind of changed as I matured and as I became more advanced with my instrument, I learned how to finger style and it is hard to transition from strumming to finger style the skill gap has a huge gap and someday, hopefully I could play the song that got stuck in my head in other ways in other ways.

TO BE CONTINUED!

© 2020 Notedge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

JET!! i love how you describe your musical journey. it was short, simple, and straight to the point. i wish this was longer and more in depth. its really interesting to see as musician's point of view and how they started. im excited for the continuation! i also hope you become more confident in your works and in yourself because Jet, this piece is really good! i believe in you! :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Knowing you, I love your talent in music! It's invigorating to know where you started your hobby and how you continued to excel in it. I loved seeing your perspective on how you hear music by playing an instrument because I, myself, is not talented in it and I'm curious about how a musician hears music. Overall, I admire your use of words in describing the sounds and feels of a ukulele. I would love to see more of your work!

Posted 3 Years Ago


The words used were fit to describe the feeling of hearing that song, the instruments, and even about skills.
Also, it's inspiring how the author wrote about something that inspired them, came to love and is now working towards that goal. Keep up with the writing and good luck on getting to finally play that song!! :))

Posted 3 Years Ago


I found it short, simple and straight to the point. I like how you described your musical journey. It would be better if the author elaborated even more, and described the experience with more depth.

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ysa
This felt very wholesome and cute to me hahaha. However, I wish you wrote about this piece a bit clearer. In need of more vocabulary and editing out errors. Nice piece! It properly conveyed the simple joy you got from a song which really inspired you to pursue music!

Posted 3 Years Ago


I like how the writer portrays his love for music in the work, you can tell that from the imageries that he used, he expresses a sense of passion for the instruments and songs he uses in the work. His work really speaks to aspiring musicians, I believe this work has sparked a little passion for music also. Overall I love the imagery he used. It truly shows how music can not only produce sound but if powerful enough can paint images in your mind.

Posted 3 Years Ago


You could do better in terms of word choice and sentence construction but overall it was a very good story and very meaningful.


Posted 3 Years Ago


I love the flow of it and you should continue this story, describing the story by music is great because you express your feelings here

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ang ganda nito, Jetan! Effective 'yung introduction mo sa story.

Posted 3 Years Ago


The way you described how music has impacted your life is really good because you were really able to tell the audience just exactly how much music means to you. Although it is a good story, I hope that next time you can make it longer, because I really feel like you still have a lot to say about this if it has greatly affected your life, I’ll be waiting for the continuation hehe.

Posted 3 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2020
Last Updated on September 8, 2020
Tags: short story

Author

Notedge
Notedge

Philippines




Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Icarus Icarus

A Story by moongirl


Focus Focus

A Story by gabby


A Short Love Story A Short Love Story

A Story by Ysa


her eyes her eyes

A Poem by mariposa