WAITING FOR A NEW SPRING DRESS

WAITING FOR A NEW SPRING DRESS

A Poem by Miss Sharon
"

Slipping from winter to Spring in the Rockies.

"
WAITING FOR A NEW SPRING DRESS

Winter snow is melting fast
The streets are flooded with children
Riding their Christmas bikes.

********

The lawn clothed in frost,
Is disrobed by the rising sun,
Revealing a jade green coat.

********

But the aspen in the high country
Are still shaking and quaking in the cold
Waiting for a new Spring dress.

********

© 2023 Miss Sharon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read your poem and I must say that I was struck by the beauty and simplicity of your language. The way that you captured the changing seasons and the shifting moods of nature was both elegant and evocative, and I found myself drawn in by the vivid imagery and sense of wonder that permeated the poem. The opening lines, with their reference to winter snow melting and children riding their Christmas bikes, set the stage for a poem that was both nostalgic and hopeful, and I appreciated the way that you captured the sense of joy and excitement that comes with the changing of the seasons. The middle section, with its reference to the lawn being disrobed by the rising sun, was particularly striking, and I thought that it added a sense of intimacy and warmth to the poem. The final lines, with their reference to the aspen trees still shaking and quaking in the cold, were a powerful reminder of the cyclical nature of life and the inevitability of change. Overall, I found the poem to be a beautiful and thoughtful meditation on the natural world, and I think that it will resonate with many readers who appreciate the beauty and wonder of the changing seasons. Well done.


Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Sharon

9 Months Ago

I very much appreciate your in depth and thoughtful review. Thank you so much! ~Sharon



Reviews

A triplet of metaphoric free verse. So good and so good to see it from you.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Sharon

1 Year Ago

Awww! How kind my friend. Thank you. ~Sharon
I love the fact that the aspen are shaking and quaking. I love the way you word this coming to life after winter. Excellent.A lovely feel good write after winter. By the way I think perhaps there is an extra 'c' in there that shouldn't be perhaps. Sorry to mention it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Sharon

1 Year Ago

Thanks for the kind review. (I deleted the extra c...thanks.) ~Sharon
yes,r I can't wait to try on my new spring dresses; I love the way you brought to life the seasons and how the sun melts to uncover the snow...the Aspens will have to wait a bit to dress put on their new spring dress.... I like the structure of this poem, very enjoyable to read , my friend.
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Sharon

1 Year Ago

You are so kind Betty! Thanks for the nice review. ~Sharon
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

You're very welcome my friend!
Best, B
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Very descriptive. They do indeed. Spring is on the way, but sadly it won't stay longer than 3 months.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Sharon

1 Year Ago

Thanks for the kind review Sami. ~Sharon
Sami Khalil

1 Year Ago

You are welcome Miss Sharon ☺

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2023
Last Updated on January 29, 2023

Author

Miss Sharon
Miss Sharon

CO



About
My name is Sharon, I am a retired piano teacher, I love the mountains where I hike and snowshoe, have had several poems published and love to write. I also love to read almost anything I can get my ha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..