Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by RunsWithCats
"

This is the second chapter of my book One Secret. The chapter is still short, but the chapters will get longer.

"

Chapter Two

I woke up and was sitting in a dark and musty room. I could hear heavy breathing around me and could tell easily that there were other people there. My head was pounding, and I perceived some dry blood caked above my right eyebrow. “Where am I?” I wondered aloud. Almost immediately after I uttered those three words, something smacked me hard on the head with a resounding “Thud!”

            When I woke up the second time, I was lying on a hard, damp floor. I glanced around and saw several other people. They’re all just normal teens, probably from normal families too. I tried to sit up but realized that I was immobile. Panic welled inside of me, but then I looked down and saw that a girl about my age was lying on top of me. The girl was out of it and took in ragged gasps of air as if she were in serious pain. I slowly inched out from underneath the girl. She moaned in agony as if answering my thought. For the first time since noticing her, I saw that the girl had a long gash on her temple. What is going on here?

            When I was free from the weight of the small girl, I sat up and scanned the room. Every wall was black and looked wet to the touch. The room itself was bare, and there was very little light. What little light there was came from bare, florescent bulbs dangling from the ceiling. There was only one door and I assumed that was where I had entered. Next to the door stood a tall, muscular man with a small hand gun strapped to his hip. I looked all around him trying to find a way to sneak out through the door. There didn’t seem to be a way around him. He could take me down with just one blow.

            Just then the man looked over and caught my eye. He turned toward the door and started shouting, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I could hear a whole group of men running towards the door though, and quickly realized that this wasn’t good. I decided to lie back down, close my eyes, and pretend that I was out cold.

             Just before I did, I noticed a boy that looked to be nineteen standing on the far side of the room. He was engulfed in shadows, so of course the guard hadn’t seen him. He was slightly taller than me, and had disheveled black hair. His skin was a light brown, and there was something about the aura surrounding him that made him seem different. I wanted to jump up and demand why he wasn’t lying, half dead like the rest of them, but that could have been risky.

I knew that the guards were coming, but suddenly I felt an entire being aside from my own touch my mind. The boy was now staring straight at me. Meet me tonight in the library after the lights go out. I knew that that thought had come from the boy because of the way he looked at me. I tried to focus on him more to try and read his expression, but he was suddenly gone.

 



© 2009 RunsWithCats


Author's Note

RunsWithCats
Please comment! Thanks! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on August 18, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

RunsWithCats
RunsWithCats

About
Love reading and writing! Don't write much on here anymore, but enjoy browsing the different books. xP more..

Writing