Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by RunsWithCats
"

This chapter is still a little short, but I promise the next chapter will be longer.

"

Chapter Three

            In what seemed merely seconds, a group of muscled men were through the door and dragging kids from the room. I could hear the cries of protest from some of the kids that had regained consciousness. I thought that maybe even a few had tried to break free of the men’s grasps’, but any sound of struggle was stopped abruptly by a strident clout.

            After a few minutes of the startling sounds, I felt a strong grip pick me up by the shoulders. I was thrown over a man’s brawny shoulder, and I grunted in disproval. I was helpless though. If I tried anything, the man could easily overpower me just like the guard by the door.

I cracked one eye open and looked around. The man was now in a shallow tunnel leading to who knows where. He abruptly turned around a corner I hadn’t seen coming, and my head smacked the wall. I almost cried out, but knew if I did I would draw attention to myself. He hadn’t seemed to notice much less care that I had hit a brick wall. I could feel the warm blood starting to trickle down my scalp from a small wound atop my head. I wanted to pound the man’s back with my fists and scream at him for being so careless, but where would that get me?

            I hung from his shoulder lifelessly, head pounding, and watched everything that we passed by. A brown door with intricate carvings, and an iron handle passed my left shoulder. There was a small window near the center, and I could just barely see in. Inside were rows of bookcases lining the walls of the room, and a long conference table in the center. In one corner of the room were two red leather chairs that faced a large stone fireplace. The mantle was bare, but there were small circular patterns etched into the stone. The room looked very elegant in its entirety. That must be the library, I figured silently. A small sliver of hope slipped into my mind just then, but was gone just as quickly. I could see that up ahead were more of the same wood doors, with the same minute windows centered among the same intricate carvings. That’s just great, I silently fumed.

            We turned down a tunnel to our right. This tunnel was lined with metal doors instead of wood doors, and it was very dark. The reticent man stopped in front of a particular metal door, and pulled out a ring of keys. He fumbled through them and found one that looked to be slightly shaped like a heart. Interesting, I mutely observed.

            He stuck the key in a slit in the door. Strangely, there was no door handle or knob like the recent doors. The door creaked open, and he dumped me over his shoulder.

            I could feel myself slipping to the floor, and without thinking threw my hands out to catch myself.

            That was a big mistake.

            “Hey!” yelled the man, “We’ve got a subsist one in here!” Out of nowhere big iron cuffs were strapped to my wrists and ankles, and just like that I was chained to a wall. I flinched as pain shot up my arm and looked down to catch sight of a needle. Within seconds my world went black, all I could make out was the last words of the men standing there. “She’ll be out for awhile. Keep a close eye on her. She’s different from the rest of them…”

 

 



© 2009 RunsWithCats


Author's Note

RunsWithCats
Please comment! Thanks! XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on August 18, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

RunsWithCats
RunsWithCats

About
Love reading and writing! Don't write much on here anymore, but enjoy browsing the different books. xP more..

Writing