Moving Forward

Moving Forward

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown
"

Read and find out!

"

(A/N) Well, this chapter took longer than anticipated. As always, I will have the chapter up first and then my errors will be corrected as I go. Please feel free to CONTRUCTIVELY criticize it. I am still young and looking for help. So either way, like it or love to hate it, review it so I know!

Chapter 2

I woke up behind bars. Doesn't that just figure? I was looking around, taking in my surroundings. There was a man sitting by my cell. When I stood up, so did he. He said, "Well Orion, you have your father's fighting skills I can see."

I was taken aback by this. Did he know father? He continued, "He was a good man. He is also a good leader. He's strong, powerful and most of all, very loyal. I can't imagine you know a lot about him, do you?"

I shook my head. He said, "The police here filled me in on some… discerning matters about your past. I'm sorry about your mother but, I know she must have been a wonderful woman for your father to fall for her."

This made me slightly smile. I looked to the man and asked, "How did you know my father?"

He smiled at this and said, "Your father was my best friend. But to most people, I was his servant."

"But who are you?"

"My name is Derek Long. I was your father's servant. We grew up together."

"Grew up where?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that. Not yet."

I looked at this man. I asked, "Why not?"

He grinned like a mad man. He said, "I do not wish to pressure you Orion, but if I am to tell you more about your father, perhaps more about your self and your... skills you displayed back at the cliff, I will need to adopt you. And of course, get you out of this prison."

I thought on this and said, "Why can't my father do this himself?"

Derek looked very saddened by this, "I will not lie to you. Your father has passed a few nights ago and he told me about you on his last night. He told me to protect you and train you."

I was starting to not like the sound of this, "What exactly are you supposed to be protecting me from? What kind of training could you give me?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you unless you agree to this adoption. This is not for ears of our friends in the black and blue uniforms."

This could be a trick. But it could not. Was I really willing to risk this? In mid thought I felt the air around me drop. It dropped, ten, to twenty, to thirty degrees. Derek seems to notice this as well. He cursed and said, "Orion you have to decide now. They're here for you. Will you come or will you die?"

As he said this, the door at the front of the jail blew open and if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes I wouldn't have believed it. In the place of the doors, a giant stood there. He was tall, muscular, and very blue with wicked red eyes. He looked at me and it felt like my very soul was starting to freeze. He slowly started walking towards me and Derek charged him with a sword and yelled, "You shall not harm the boy."

The giant just seem to notice Derek and addressed him like he could actually be a problem. It's rather funny actually. It was almost as if he was saying O there is a man with a sword running at me! I probably should kill him real quick. ((A/N) there was confusion on that right there that is a thought in his head.)) I thought the giant would pull out a sword but he just clenched his fist really hard and his whole arm turned into a giant sharp looking icicle. He attempted to stab Derek in the head. But he weaved and rolled right next to my cell. He took his sword and with two hard cuts, he cut the iron to my cell and the cell door fell open.

He then shouted at me to run, but I was in too much shock. The giant took advantage of Derek as he was trying to get me to run and it took his hand and smashed Derek across the face. His sword clattered to the ground next to my feet. Derek flew towards the wall and slammed into it hard.

I was in shock. The giant looked at me. Then it got this hellish grin on its face and slowly started walking towards me. But then multiple arrows flew at him and hit its mark. He slightly shifted, more dazed and confused than hurt. But this was enough to catch my attention. I picked up the sword and with blinding speed, cut straight through the giant. Blue blood squirted out of his back he looked at me as he fell to the ground and said, "Long live Ymir."

With that his body melted into the blue goo, I looked around for the person who had shot those arrows and to my much surprise there was a girl standing at the entrance. To my dismay, she had an arrow notched at my chest.

She yelled, "Who are you?"

I tried to collect myself and said, "My name's Orion. That over there is-"

"I know who that is, you idiot! The man is my mentor Derek Long. He told me to stay at the academy. But of course, I followed him here."

The academy? I thought. Now that I thought she wasn't going to kill me, I sized her up. She was cute. Dark brown eyes short brown hair pretty short herself. She looked a bit older than me and really pretty.

She walked up closer to me and held out her hand and said, "My name is Bailey. Daughter of Freyja."

That name sounded very familiar, but I decided not to say "who?" and look stupid. Derek started moving to our left and we both pointed our weapons at him. He was slowly regaining consciousness. After a minute of us trying to help him up, we got him to sit down and focus. He finally noticed that Bailey was now here and he about blew a gasket. But after a few minutes of explaining how she saved my life he finally conceded and just said he was glad to see us both alive.

I had to ask even though I was sure it was going to be a stupid question, "What was that thing?"

Derek looked up at me with a grim smile and said, "That was a frost giant. A small one, at that."

If that thing was small, I did NOT want to see one full grown.

He then said, "Have you made up your mind, about coming with me?"

I thought on this for a moment. The giant was here for me and he was just one of God only knows how many I could be putting my self and the public in danger if I did that. But then my thoughts had shifted to Clay. Could Bale have been a monster? Like the Frost Giant? I know anywhere though is better than the Orphanage and most certainly better than jail. I had made up my mind. I said, "I will go with you as long as you explain all this to me."

Derek held out his hand and said, "Yes I will I promise, but we need to go before more frost giants arrive."

I shook his hand and smiled grimly. With that we all hurried out the door. I could hear the police sirens wailing I new they would be here any minute; we jumped in Derek's car which was pretty nice. Impala 67 SS. I loved it. We took off at new found speeds but what could I say? Limits are there to be broken. After about an hour of driving, I noticed I was still seeing the coast but off to our side there was nothing but forest. After a while I decided to ask, "Where exactly are we going?"

Derek smiled and looked back at me and said, "We are going to my home that your father left us."

We didn't say much the rest of the drive but then again we didn't drive for much longer. After thirty minutes we drove up to this beautiful house. It was literally maybe the biggest house I have ever seen. Three stories surrounded by a giant yard and a tall metal fence. The house was white and looked like it had been there for hundreds of years. We drove up and Derek clicked a button in his car and the entrance gates started sliding open. We drove up to the house which was actually a long way from the entrance and Derek stopped the car and turned to me and threw me a wicked smile that made me laugh.

We got out of the car and he asked, "Well, what do you think?"

I said, "I'm wondering how many people actually live here?"

Derek laughed and said, "There are maybe a dozen people who live here. Me and my wife live here. Then ten kids."

I said, "You have ten kids?"

He laughed at this and said, "No I don't have any kids."

I frowned at this and said, "Then why do you have ten kids living here?"

He grinned and said, "Why don't you come inside. I will explain every thing in my office."

We walked in the massive glass front doors. There was only one word I could think to describe the house and that was beautiful. Three stories high twenty one thousand square feet. Derek told me it was a design of magic. When he first said this, I thought he was seeking metaphorically, but now I am not so sure.

This house must have cost him a fortune especially since he built it himself. I asked, "What do you do? This house must have cost a fortune. I don't mean to be rude but you must be loaded to own this house!"

Derek said, "Being a friend and longtime servant to the royal family, and then of course being the best friend of the mighty king has a lot to do with it. But of course, this is not my house, it's yours!"

He threw me this crazy smile and I thought for sure he was nuts but then he continued, "The house will be yours the day you turn 18. I hope you will allow me to continue to live here and let the other kids live here."

A thought occurred to me, "If you built this house, why isn't it yours?"

He smiled at this. It must have been a pleasant memory, "I built this house with my father and your father. Both of them were great men. Took us a lot of magic but we finally got the beauty done."

I stared at him in shock. Here, I have never met my dad but he left me a multi-million dollar house. This was so unreal.

Then Bailey came back in said, "No way! That means your father is-"

Derek roared, "Don't tell him yet! I know full well who his father is. He was my best friend."

Bailey flinched at this and said, "I am sorry my lord. I did not mean to. I thought he already knew."

Derek sighed and said, "No worries. I'll tell him soon."

I said, "No. You will tell me now or I will leave. All of you seem to know who my father is except for me."

Derek sighed even heavier this time and said, "Patience, young one. But you are right. Let us speak privately with my wife in my office."

Bailey looked like she was going to protest, but didn't. We walked towards his "office" and opened the doors to see an elegant older woman sitting at his desk reading the newspaper. She noticed my presence and got up and curtsied to me and said, "It is an honor to meet you my lord."

I blushed. This woman was roughly five foot six with long blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. I finally regained my senses and was about to say something but then Derek said, "Honey, I haven't told him yet."

Her cheeks colored a bit and said, "I'll leave you to it then."

She started to walk out the door and normally I'm not a rude person, but my eyes followed her as she walked out. Derek noticed this and laughed and said, "She does have that effect on people, doesn't she?"

I blushed hard at this and he just laughed a bit more. Then he turned serious again and told me to have a seat. He said, "Okay Orion. This will be difficult to hear, but I need you. Stick with me, this is very important."

I nodded and he continued, "Okay, throughout the ages, the world was divided up into 9 realms- I will explain these stories at a later time- but, what do you know of Norse Mythology?"

I looked at him and said, "Not much. I know pretty much the gods are all powerful beings and immortal. Like Odin, Frigg, and Thor."

He flinched at this name and said, "Yes. Do you know where they lived?"

I thought about this and said, "Yes, in one of the realms... Asgard."

He nodded at this and said, "Do you know who the leader was?"

I nodded again and said, "Yes, that was Odin. Right?"

"Yes, that's correct. Now Odin had many sons… do you know who his most powerful heir was?"

I had to think hard on this and said, "No."

He looked disappointed by this and said, "The Mighty Thor, King of Asgard. He was the strongest son of Odin."

I sighed and said, "Okay enough mythology lessons… how is this important and who is my father?"

Derek looked me right in the eye and said, "Orion, the gods are real. Most are now either fading or gone. One of them is your parent. Think back to where you were fighting the police… think hard. Think how when the storm came, you all of a sudden had great fighting skills without any training."

I thought about this. I remember the powerful energy when the storm came over me and I remember the man that was watching me by the tree and that man was Derek. Then it dawned on me, "No Way?"

Derek gave me a wicked smile and then bowed before me he said, "Hail the Mighty Son of Thor, Holder of Mjolnir, King of Asgard. Hail Orion!"



© 2012 Beau Orion Brown


Author's Note

Beau Orion Brown
Review and Enjoy :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on July 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: Norse, Mythology, Romance, War, Death, Violence


Author

Beau Orion Brown
Beau Orion Brown

Dallas, TX



About
I am a fifteen year old inspiring writer. I am from the United States born and raised! I have always loved to read and at some point one of my favorite writers inspired me myself to write and here i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown