Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Settling in

Settling in

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown
"

Read to find out

"

(A/N) Hey guys, what's up it's Orion. This is chapter 4 to the heir of Asgard. We had just ended with finding out Karan is the son of Loki. So let us begin here. Please Review so I can continue this story. Enjoy!

Chapter 4

At first I thought he was joking. I thought for sure the comeback was going to be, "O I was just kidding, my dad is Barney." But no such luck. It did not seem almost possible. Derek told me that Loki was the evil one. Yet he has a son of Loki and a daughter of Hel living here. I think he registered the look of shock on my face he said, "You seem surprised, to say the least."

I nodded my head in agreement and he said, "I promise you I have no loyalty or connection to my father. I hate that man and my siblings too."

I understood but I had to ask, "Why do you hate your father?"

He sighed, "Simple. He killed my mother."

He said it very matter of fact like. But my head was still a bit shocked. I figured it was rude to just stand there and stare at him, so I said, "I'm sorry... Why did he do it?"

He sighed, "I never liked my mother, but I never hated her. She was quite the cruel woman. She was abusive and crazy. I never knew what was wrong with her. But one day my father came to visit me. She was being her normal crazy self and when Loki came in... He gave one look at me and said how much of a disappointment I was."

I was confused. Why would a father show up for the first time and look at his kid and call him a failure? "I'm sorry. That couldn't have been easy."

He looked at me. I could see tears in the back of his eyes. For some reason, I don't think he tells this story often. "He then looked at my mother and said You have failed me. Then he just took his scepter and threw it at her."

The tears were clear now. I was very surprised here. I had just met the guy and he was telling me what seemed like his darkest secrets. He said, "After that, he came to me and he looked me right in the eye and said that I was a failure and that I would never be able to be his heir. At the time, I thought he was freaking crazy. Now I understand that he was a God. He also left me this." He lifted up his shirt a bit and revealed a large scar straight across his stomach, "I hope to repay him one day. He had cost himself his son."

I nodded. This poor kid had a terrible past. I was starting to feel blessed. I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "I'm sorry I asked. It was not my place especially since I just met you."

Karan just shrugged it off and said, "Don't worry about it. I know that you will be the leader here and one day you were bound to find out either way."

I smiled at him and said, "Well, what can you do?"

Karan gave me a wicked smile and said, "I can lie perfectly. You could put a lie detector up against me and I would pass easy. I can convince people to do things I want if I try hard enough."

I laughed and said, "What, like a Jedi mind trick?"

He laughed to and said, "That power is not mastered yet, but yes, it works like a Jedi mind trick."

"So what else can you do?"

He gave me a wicked smile and said, "I can create multiples of myself."

He then turned into about 10 different people and they all said at once, "This would make it damn near impossible to hit me. My magic is skilled but not as good as some here."

He then went back to one person and said, "I can temporarily erase people's minds. Coolest thing I can do that I have found so far."

I nodded in awe. He then said, "I would ask you to a duel so I can show you my skills in combat but that should wait another day."

I laughed and said, "Yes… thank you for not pushing me further than my limits have already been pushed. I am still exhausted from my last fight with Adrian."

Karan kind of smiled a bit and said, "You should go back inside and meet the others."

"What about you?"

He sighed and said, "I am still not quite completely accepted yet, but I hope I will be."

I smiled and said, "Well, you will never be if you stay out here under a tree. Come into lunch with me and sit down with me. Besides I don't even know where the Lunch Room or whatever you have is."

He smiled at that and I offered my hand to help him up. I got a good look at him this time. He was about average height, maybe a couple of inches shorter than I was. He was built pretty well. Dark hair and I noticed for the first time his eyes were slightly red. I am not talking tired red. I'm talking about the color of his eye was red. It only seemed to flicker though.

He caught me staring at his eyes and said, "Yeah, it freaks a lot of people out."

I laughed and said, "Only a little bit creepy. It's alright though. It has that kind of bad a*s touch to it."

He smiled and said, "I will take you to the cafeteria but I won't stay to eat with you."

I said, "Alright. Baby steps…"

We walked back up into the house and through the front doors. Once again I realize how positively massive it is. It is a bit over whelming, but I try to move forward and wear a blank expression on my face. We walked into this kitchen where 10 kids were sitting around the table. There were 4 seats empty and when we walked in, the whole room went quiet.

Karan looked at me and said, "Well, this is the kitchen. As you can see, the table is over there. I'll leave you now."

With that he disappeared into thin air. I looked where he had been with my jaw hanging slightly open. I immediately closed it and looked to the ten faces staring at me.

I stood there a bit awkwardly and then mustered up some confidence and said, "Sup? I'm Orion."

People nodded like "no I thought you were hippo." Talking continued around the table when Bailey came up to me and said, "What were you doing with Karan?"

"I was just talking with him outside. He seems nice."

Bailey flinched at that and said, "He's a son of Loki."

"Yes, I know. He told me. He also told me his story and how he came to be here. What's wrong with that?"

Bailey opened her mouth as if to say something and then though differently of it and said, "Never mind. You should eat. Meet the other kids."

I walked to the table with a plate and sat down awkwardly at the end. The table once again went silent. They all stared at me expectantly. Thankfully, Adrian looked up from his food and had my back here and said, "Come on guys, are you going to gawk or are you going to introduce yourselves?"

This seemed to recover most of them. Two boys came up introduced themselves one said, "I'm Brandon and this is my best friend, Jordan."

Jordan said, "Nice to meet you."

They both held out there hands and I shook them both and said, "Who's your parents?"

They laughed and Brandon said, "My mom is a Marine Biologist but, my dad is Aegir; God of the seas."

Jordan said, "My dad is Eir; God of healing."

Brandon said, "I'm 13. Jordan is 12. He's the youngest boy here."

I looked at these boys. They must have been friends for life. They look like they cannot be parted. Brandon was really short. I'm talking, he may be like, five foot four? Jordan on the other hand, he was tall for his age. But he was really scrawny. He was all bones where Brandon was a little bigger. Definitely not fat or anything, but he had some weight. Brandon has darker skin not black, but maybe some form of Spanish. Jordan was white with a little bit of tan in him. I marked these two boys as the hyper trouble making kind.

Next a very attractive girl came up to me and sat down in the chair next to me which was empty. She got a little closer than my comfort zone allowed. She said, "I am Morgan, daughter of Skadi; goddess of winter and hunting."

I held out my hand and said, "I'm Orion. It's nice to meet you."

She laughed and said, "No, the pleasure was all mine."

Morgan was a tall Brunette white girl. She was skinny and maybe an inch or two shorter than I was. She told me she was fifteen and if I needed any help finding my way around, that I should let her know.

The last girl that walked up to me was a very young girl. She came up to me and said, "My name is Ali. I am a daughter of Sjofn. My mommy is the goddess of human passion."

I laughed and held out my hand to her and said, "I am Orion, Son of Thor. It's nice to meet you Ali. How old are you?"

Her cheeks colored a bit and said, "I'm 9. I need to finish eating. It was nice meeting you."

Finally a big guy came up to me. He was bigger than Adrian in height. In muscle too. He came up and said, "They save the best for last. I am Davis, son of Tyr; God of War." He said that last part a bit too proudly.

He held out his hand and I attempted to shake it but he pulled it back and said "psych". I tried to not to get angry or embarrassed I said, "My name is-"

Davis interrupted me rudely and said, "Yes, yes, I know who you are, Orion Son of the mighty Thor. You don't look very mighty."

He looked at me expectantly but I was not going to be bated, "I will prove my self, hopefully, over some time. I have zero training right now."

Davis laughed and said, "Don't worry. I will hold my leadership. You just hope you can hold yours."

I looked around the room to see pretty much every pair of eyes staring at us. I stood my ground and wore a completely blank expression on my face couldn't be deemed as weak.

Bailey then stepped in and said, "Enough Davis. Orion is still new. Leave him be."

Davis laughed it up and said, "What's wrong, Orion? You not ready for combat yet?"

Bailey grabbed my arm before I could accept his challenge because I was getting mad. I could tell because it was getting dark outside. She said, "Orion, calm down."

I instantly felt calm. She then looked to Davis and said, "My Magic is stronger than your war talk. Now go, before I decide to tell Derek what you attempted to do."

Davis looked infuriated. But he must have thought better of whatever he was going to say and stormed out of the room.

My senses came back to me and I looked at Bailey and said, "How did you do that? You just grabbed my arm and told me to calm down."

She sighed and said, "My mother, as I told you, is Freyja; goddess of Beauty, Love and one of the most powerful goddesses of magic."

It started to make since at that point, "Well, thank you. I don't need to be hitting people on the first day. What was that he was doing to me?"

I then realized that all eyes were still on me and Bailey. I said, "Never mind. We'll talk about it later."

She nodded in understanding. I decided not to eat, since I never picked up any food I just walked out. No one followed but then Derek's wife came and found me before I walked out the doors to look around the rest of the ground.

She called out to me, "Lord Orion, I never got to introduce my self. I am Rose Long, Derek's wife. I have your room ready if you are ready to see it."

I smiled and said, "Just do me one thing before we go to my room. Never call me Lord, it's weird and I don't want to feel a million years old."

She laughed and it seemed to light up half the room. Definitely a cheerful lady. She took me up to my room which was on the third floor of the house. This was my first time to come up to the third floor and it was very nice. The Third floor alone comprised of a living room, five bedrooms, three bathrooms and a movie theater room. Apparently, it is the same on the second floor as well. But on the 2nd floor, there is a work out room. The first floor has the Kitchen, a meeting room, multiple offices, a giant living room and of course, a library.

My room was on the third door on the right wing of the third floor. I noticed everyone's door had their name on it and their parent's symbol. My door had a lightning bolt with a hammer on the middle. The hammer seemed to be calling on the lightning. I am guessing that was my dads hammer. It said my name on the hammer. It was pretty sick.

Rose said, "Touch the hammer to open the door. It will automatically open at your touch. Only you and Derek will be able to open your door. It goes by your blood line. We did this so the other kids couldn't break into each other's rooms."

I reached my hand out there and grabbed the door handle and a small shock went through me.

Rose said, "Derek and Adrian programmed them where Derek can get in all rooms and I think he said only his touch and yours can open your door. It's the same with everyone's."

I smiled at Rose and said, "Thank you, ma'am."

She smiled at me and said, "I will leave you to your room. If you want to paint it or add some stuff to it, just let me know. I will get the girls to do it. They love painting."

With that she walked out. I looked at my room. It was far bigger than any other room I have ever owned. It had a radio on a tall oak dresser in the corner, a desk with a computer and a bed. Kind of plain but I can always fix that. It was a nice room though. I sat on the bed and it was very comfortable. I looked at my room then I walked to my window and looked out. It was a pretty view, you could see the forest that we drove through. I could see the field right below me. Best of all though I could see a mountain in the distance. It looked beautiful.

My thoughts were interrupted by Derek. He was standing at my doorway and he said, "This was your father's room. If you look in the closet it has a lot of his old stuff that I never got rid of. I thought you would like this room. Your father loved the view."

I smiled at Derek and said, "Thank you. I appreciate everything you are trying to do for me here."

Derek smiled and said, "I owe your father my life. I may have been his servant but he was also my best friend, and I was his. He called me to his bed on his last day and asked me to come back to this place. Then he told me to find you and look after you. Most importantly, I am to train you."

I looked at Derek right in the eye and said, "My father has left me a job hasn't he? I never got to know him, but if he has left me something to do, I must do it."

Derek sighed, "I am afraid I don't even know. I just know that I will always be here to help you figure it out. I am Immortal but I will only fade once the entire Royal Bloodline has faded. Since you live, I live."

"So in a way, I am your lifeline?"

Derek smiled and said, "Now don't be getting any ideas. You may be my lifeline but I am not your servant. I am your friend, that is all."

I put my hand out there for Derek and said, "I appreciate it, Derek. I will need your help on this one."

He took my hand and said, "Like your father, I will always be here. My door is literally right down the hall."

With that, he let go and walked out of the room. I walked to my closet and opened it up. In there lied boxes and boxes of stuff. I didn't know where to start so I picked up the one closest to me. Inside were a couple of mementos. I noticed a couple of old coins in tubes, an old dagger, and an old scarf that did not look like that belonged to him. I found various objects like a couple of old maps and some old books. I had taken out all the objects and looked at them. At the bottom was where I found the most interesting, though. It was what looked like a book. It was dusty though, but it is what it said on the front page that caught my eye. It said "My life and teenage years". My jaw dropped when I opened it when I saw what was written. Weirder was that it was written in modern English.

My first thought was I should show it to Derek. But I kind of thought otherwise. Maybe he wanted me to find this. I sat back on my bed and stared at the journal. I picked it up and decided I would maybe just read a little bit. It was really long and it was half full. I suppose I should just read the first page.

Day 1

Today was the first day on Midgard. Father sent Derek and his father with me to build a house. This was where I was going to stay occasionally with Derek and train. Derek's father, Zach Long, was tall and firm. He was my father's servant going through his years. His father is a good man and he was going to be responsible for us here. I do not see his family as servants anymore, but more as family friends. I looked forward to spending my summer with Derek and his father. It is quite stressful on Asgard. Everyone looks at me to be a good ruler. I am still young, only 15 years of age and they look at me to be king. Even though I will be King one day, I know I am not ready to rule. I will stand by my father through these hard times. Being on the brink of war, I think this was more of him trying to get me away from it all. For now, I am gone I will be writing in this from time to time so I can keep track of my emotions. My mother Frigga suggested it to me that it would give me something to do.

This is Thor, son of Odin, out.

I stared at this in shock. This was my father's life right here. Growing up with Derek and his father. I decided that I would read one entry a night. I looked around my room as if someone could have been watching me. I quickly picked up the knife, the coins and the maps and placed them in the top drawer in my dresser. I put the journal right in between my mattress and my spring board. I then lay out on my bed. I looked at the time and to my much shock it was very late. I was surprised. No one had disturbed me and it was now 11:00. It had been a long day so I turned on the radio and left it very quiet. It was some lovely lullaby.

I thought about the events of today and how in one day I learned about my father I seem ready to serve him. I knew that with so much happening today I should have been more cautious but I wasn't. I was, for once in my life, prepared for tomorrow. Perhaps I will be okay. Perhaps I will make a decent leader. But one thing was for sure. There was no going back.

(A/N) Well guys that concludes Chapter 4. I am not sure about this chapter yet I think this sets me up for much more to write. The Journal entries should be about one a chapter. I will be updating from once a week to every ten days. Once summer gets here though, I should be updating every 3-5 days. Well guys please Enjoy and please Review it is my inspiration to write.

 



© 2012 Beau Orion Brown


Author's Note

Beau Orion Brown
(A/N( well guys that concludes chapter 4. I hope you like this chapter, it definitly sets me up for more to write. The Journal entries should only come occasionly. I will be updating hopefully every two days until school starts. Please Enjoy and Please Review it is the inspiration to my writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012
Tags: Norse, Mythology, Romance, Violence, War, Death, humor


Author

Beau Orion Brown
Beau Orion Brown

Dallas, TX



About
I am a fifteen year old inspiring writer. I am from the United States born and raised! I have always loved to read and at some point one of my favorite writers inspired me myself to write and here i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown