The Beginning of the End

The Beginning of the End

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown
"

The First real chapter of the story please enjoy and Review!

"

 (A/N) I have put a lot of thought into this story and did a s**t load of research before I decided to truly right the first story. Now bear with me as this will not pertain to exact mythology. This is set before Ragnarok or the end of the world in Norse Mythology.

Chapter 1

FIRE! The fire was every where. I heard my mother scream and I ran towards that direction. I knew I was only 8 years old and that I couldn't have offered much help but, I decided if I was going to die I would rather die with my mother. The house starts to crumble and I see this fast thing running in my direction. I see my mother and I make a dead sprint towards her. I get to her and she is saying words I do not understand. It sounds like an ancient language. She then picks me up and ducks and weaves through the fire expertly. In no time at all we are out of the building. But then, a gut wrenching howl comes from the house and a massive beast the size of a tank jumps through the house. Imagine your worst nightmare wolf and you've got him. It's a giant silver dog with canine teeth the size of my leg. He slowly starts to inch towards her and my mom yells one word. It was uncomprehendable, but it really pissed off the wolf and it took its massive paw and swiped at my mother.

Anger. Anger was all I could feel. The clouds started circling above my head. Then the wolf slowly crept to me and it took its paw back to hit me. But, a giant lightning bolt that shook the heavens came down and made the monster dissolve into black goo.

I wake up screaming. My friend Clay shakes me out of my dreams. I knew it was a dream the second I woke up. I have had the same dream... of my mother dying for nearly six years now.

Clay was a short little boy who felt like he was a grown man. He was my age, still fourteen. He was a very good comfort to me in the middle of the night when I had this dream. I knew no one else in this god forsaken hell hole cared about me. You see, me and Clay live in Saint Johns Orphanage. Where all the good Christian kids go to die! Of course we never said this in a group in fear of the man who runs this place.

The man's name was Bale Masters. He was an all in all complete bully. Even though no one admitted it, he hits the littler kids who disobey the will of the "Lord". This used to be a good place for kids to grow up in a church friendly environment and could grow up and be good people. Not anymore. This place is a cult, with Bale as the leader.

When I first got here it was run by a nice kind man with a good Christian heart. His name was Dan Foster. Great man had two kids but then he died in a unexplainable mugging. Both of his kids are in this orphanage now and their lives are hell.

Bale must have heard me scream because he came up the stairs and it sounded as if a herd of elephants were stampeding. That means he was pissed. He got upstairs and Clay jumped for his bed and we all pretended to be asleep.

Bale flipped on the light switch and yelled, "WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND DISTURBED MY SLEEP?"

Everyone was now wide awake and looking at me. They didn't want to rat on me but they knew it was me. Some of their eyes flitted towards me and flitted away like scared rabbits.

Bale then kicked a nightstand over and yelled, "If you all don't tell me right now, I will send you all straight to Niflheim."

My first thought was what the hell is he talking about? Then one of the kids started crying and he ran at him so fast and picked him up and yelled in his face, "Did you wake me, you little brat? I will kill you."

He brought his hand back to slap this kid when I picked up a small rock in my room and chucked it at Bale's head. It bounced right off, and Bale just froze. Then his eyes lit up like fire. I could feel the anger radiating off of him. He drops the little boy and slowly starts walking towards me. Then Clay was at my side and so were my other friends. Quickly they all formed a protective line around me. I could not believe it.

This only seems to anger Bale a bit more. He roared, "Step aside you ignorant children, this one must be punished. Then the two 16 year old kids that were the oldest kids in the orphanage stepped up and prepared to fight and said, "Pick on someone your own size, you meat head."

Bale roared in anger and charged the two sixteen year old boys but, instead of fighting them, he just plowed straight through them. It was crazy, he was like a bull! I could have sworn he had horns on the top of his head to. The other kids dove out of the way except for Clay who was in pure shock of what they had all just done. Bale got close a lot faster than I expected and I shoved Clay and dove to the right hoping that Bale was moving so fast he would miss me. I was right to be hopeful. He charge straight forward and ran right into a wall. Now I realized it, he was stuck. But how was this possible? Then to my great horror, and my own demise, I noticed it was not my imagination he did have horns!

He was trying to get out when the older kids regained their senses and yelled "Everyone! Get out now!" I was in too much shock to run and so was Clay. The others ran like crazy. Then, Bale finally got out of the wall then looked at me and roared. He looked at me then to Clay. This seems to snap Clay out of his trance and he attempted to run, but Bale was faster this time. He picked up Clay by the throat and started to crush it. I charged at him and attempted to knock him over but I was too late. Bale had killed Clay by crushing his windpipe.

I looked at Bale and then I looked at Clay's limp body. I could feel a fire in my gut. It was not just fear but pure anger. I noticed now that Bale was only in a small shirt and his underwear but his chest was much hairier now. Plus his face now looked deformed and his horns now stood out much more.

He slowly started walking towards me. I ran towards him. I felt like I was cackling with power. He got close to me and I punched him straight in the face. He sprawled backwards in surprise. He grunted and came back towards me. This time much faster, I rolled to the side and grabbed him by the shoulders and slammed him down. His butt hit the ground much faster than the rest of him did and I punched him right in the back of the neck. I felt the spine of this... Creature…crack. It roared out in pain. Then it melted down to black goo. Then a horrible thought came to my mind. This was the same goo that came out of the wolf that had killed my mother.

I walked outside, no blood on me. I just look like I had been ruffed up real bad. One of older kids came up to me and made sure I was okay and he asked, "Where's Bale?"

I looked at him and knew I couldn't do the same thing and tell them what actually happened. I lied and said, "I'm sorry. I killed him... I had no choice. He killed Clay."

The kid looked down at the ground like he didn't know what to do and said, "Orion, forget all of this and run. He deserved to die with what he did to Clay. Clay was a great guy. Now run and never look back. We'll try to cover for you."

I didn't even know this boy's name but I gave him a hug and my thanks and then did the one thing that I had done before. I ran.

Running. All I have done half my life is run. Rather it was from school to school, foster care to foster care or even from family to family. You see, my mother died when I was little. Attacked by god only knows what. When I described the monster to the police, they thought I was crazy. Hell, maybe I was a little crazy. 8 year old kid telling them my mother was mauled by a wolf. Then, the wolf was struck by lightning. I'm not going to lie, it's not the most believable story. But it happened. It's been 7 years from today. It saddens me to think of my mother she was beautiful in a motherly sort of way. She had the same blue eyes as me, blonde hair, not tall but not really short either.

Only my mother could distract me in a life or death situation in matter of fact. Lightning struck so close to me, I thought I was dead for sure. So, I looked around and realized I was near a cliff and I had no where left to run. I also realized that it looked like it was about to storm.

The man that was pursuing me yelled, "Kid, there's no where left to run. I have you surrounded."

As he said this, two more men stepped out encasing me towards the ledge. These people weren't bad people or anything. I just didn't want to go with them. In a matter of fact, I would almost rather die then go with them. These men were the police and they wanted to take me back to the orphanage. But I hated that place with a fiery burning passion.

They slowly took smaller steps towards me. I was completely back to the edge of the cliff and I almost fell there for a second, but I caught myself. They were closing in on me now a bit faster. A moment of decision had come through my head... I could jump. It's not that far, maybe 50 feet. Or I can go roughly and try again later. But if I dive now I could be free forever... Or I could be dead.

Last second, one of the police lunged to grab me before I could jump. He grabbed me in a bear hug and I started to squirm. Then the rain began. Then I could feel the strength course through my body. He tried to put me over his shoulder but I kicked him right in the place men should not be kicked. He dropped me and yelled, "You damn kid!"

My brain told me to run but my reflexes did different. The other cop lunged for me but I simply dodged right out of his way, kicking him in the butt and making him fall face-first into the mud. The other cop was ready for me now and took out his baton and took a couple of swings at me. I felt invincible. I ducked and dodged and weaved then he tried to hit me in the neck but I caught it in mid swing and kicked him right in the knees that made him drop, then punched him straight in the face. The other cop now had his tazer out, ready to suppress me. As soon as he was inches from doing this, I yelled. I felt pure energy radiate off my body. Lightning struck right in front of the cop and he flew through the air.

I looked around in shock. What had I done? I felt the energy leave my body and I started to go limp. I was looking around at least hoping to find somewhere I can hide but then I saw a figure. A man, just standing there, staring at me. He was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.




© 2012 Beau Orion Brown


Author's Note

Beau Orion Brown
(A/N) Okay guys this concludes chapter 1. Chapter 2 will be up in a couple of more hours so please be patient. This will be a very slowly updated story unless I see some consistent amount of reviews. Each chapter will be between two and five thousand words. I will not post any other shorter chapters than that. So until then Host-Orion out!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow interesting first chapter. The imagery in the dream sequence was well put. Thought I did notice in the drem you switched between past and present tense. Overall though nice first chapter, looking forward to chapter 2:)
God Bless
-Lost in Wonderland

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow interesting first chapter. The imagery in the dream sequence was well put. Thought I did notice in the drem you switched between past and present tense. Overall though nice first chapter, looking forward to chapter 2:)
God Bless
-Lost in Wonderland

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: Norse, Mythology, War, Violence, Death, Romance


Author

Beau Orion Brown
Beau Orion Brown

Dallas, TX



About
I am a fifteen year old inspiring writer. I am from the United States born and raised! I have always loved to read and at some point one of my favorite writers inspired me myself to write and here i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Beau Orion Brown