Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Paradox

A famous explorer once said:

The extraordinary is not in who we are

But what we choose to be.

To be honest, these few lines are the motto of my story. The protagonist in this novel is not someone special at the beginning. Rather, she is an ordinary university student in the archaeology stream, who lost her father a couple of years back. Her father was a renowned explorer and a talented Tomb Raider. The protagonist( I must mention her name by now, Allysa Stewert) dreamt of being like her father, exploring the world in search of mystery, but ending up being found by the mystery itself. Allysa's dream was to "Walk in her father's shoes". Her father died when she was only 17, while exploring The Tomb of Yamatsu in the Japanese isles. With the goal of being an explorer, Allysa joins the University of Elderwoods to study archaeology, a couple of years later.... and thus begins her adventure.





Please try not to be harsh with your comments, since this is my first ever novel, nor English is my mother tongue. I will await your feedback eagerly.... Hope you will like the story.


© 2017 Paradox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... this seems really interesting!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Paradox

7 Years Ago

Thanks, Mr writer. Hope u will read more.
This seems to be an interesting story! The outline is very clear. I guess you have a clear picture of what you are going to write. Can't wait reading this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paradox

7 Years Ago

Thank you wolf. I do have a clear picture, not only of this novel. But also its entire series. So do.. read more
Story line seems to be engagning for me, as am a traveller....and well nothing to turn harsh..:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Paradox

7 Years Ago

My pleasure. Hope u will read it more
seams interesting! i'm curious to read it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Paradox

7 Years Ago

My pleasure
A amazing introduction. The good use of description and thought made me wish to read more. Thank you for sharing the excellent introduction.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Paradox

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stopping by and give it a read! I saw that you reviewed the first chapter too... read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Tonight I will try. A very good read.
Would like to read more of this...preface is engaging :) For an high school student its awesome!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Paradox

7 Years Ago

Coming soon

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017


Author

Paradox
Paradox

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
I am a high school student and an aspiring writer. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya


Promise Me Promise Me

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay


Why? Why?

A Poem by Surya