Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Ideas and Comotion

Ideas and Comotion

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

We are nearing the end of my story and honestly the next few chapters are going to be the hardest write!

After eating at Hugo we returned satisfied. I ordered fish and it was my first time eating it raw...but it was still good!

Back in the lobby I was going to stay down there to talk to him. He was busy so I went to the computer. Suddenly I heard his voice and some commotion. I looked up just in time to see him run out the door. A couple ran in and dashed up the stairs. I looked back at the screen. Paris was crazy tonight.

“Eh?...Eh. EH! Did someone go up there?!" I looked up from the computer just in time to see him swing the door open and frantically scramble up the stairs. What was going on?!

Crap. He was talking to me and ignored him! I felt really bad. Finally after a while the door to the stairs opened. I gave him a questioning look. He laughed and threw his arms up in the air.

“Everything is going to be okay.” He said incredibly relieved.


I moved to the game room to spend some time with the group. Two of the girls brought some alcohol and were ready to consume it with a card game. He swiftly came back and forth giving us glasses. I didn’t want one. Suddenly there was a shatter. One of the glasses broke into pieces. This was crazy. I went back upstairs to pack some of my bags for the trip home tomorrow. I wasn’t interested in anything the group was doing and quite frankly I needed to figure out how I was going to talk to a Frenchman I ignored.

While putting my souvenirs in a bag I stared back at the postcards I had gotten.

My roommate gave me a longing and knowing look.

“You really like him don’t you?”

I looked back at her with my heart feeling heavy.

“I really do..and it’s just so weird. I don’t even know him, yet somehow he was able to make me smile all day…there is just something about him."

I really didn't expect this much emotion, but it came pouring down ever since I set foot in the city of lights.

Then it hit me.

I was going to do what I do best.

Write.

I grabbed a postcard I purchased and wrote him a short and sweet message.

 

Bonjour!

Thank you so much for the great service, helping my friend, and helping us find a good last meal in Paris! (It was really good!)

I really enjoyed my stay here! It was my first time ever in France and I hope to come again.

Best wishes and good luck in all that you do

Merci!

Love always,

Kathryn

 

Back in the lobby I clutched the postcard. This was it. I was so beyond nervous. Yet I had nothing to lose....



© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is where I want something to really, really, really happen … so bad my heart is thumping!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Oh my gosh, I remember this memory like it was yesterday!! My roommate was very helpful and I was SO.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2016