Of The Night

Of The Night

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith

Rhythm is a dancer. it's a soul's companion. People feel it everywhere...



It's a passion!


Whenever I hear music it flows through my veins and makes me come alive.


I breathe it in. I need it. I'm addicted to the sounds.


We are all smart in different ways.

I have been told I am musically intellectual.



When I was in first grade we had a new piano at home. My sister was learning how to read music notes and working very hard at it.


At school my music teacher had been playing us Hall Of The Mountain king.


One day at home after school, It came on the television and little me  became very excited.


 I apparently went to the piano and began plunking out Hall Of The Mountain king flawlessly. (Of course a first grade version.)


My Mom often tells me it made my sister upset because then and there they learned I could play piano by ear.


From then on I would play things I heard around the house. My Dad's titanic cd, My sister's classical music, stuff on the radio...anything and everything. To this day I love playing piano and I love to make up my own little mashups of songs.


Later on at 9 I began dance class.


I studied ballet and went all the way to the top. In December of my last year at the studio I began pointe .


Then I was in a car crash.


I wasn't allowed to dance for months..and taking away dance was like taking away air.


I eventually went back to the studio but never got to learn pointe. All the other girls were miles ahead of me. I finished my last recital In regular ballet slippers surrounded by the enormously annoying class of girls in pointe shoes.  


I left the studio and never came back.


Because it's my passion I still dance in my basement.


 I choreograph pieces.


I paint amazing pictures in my mind.


Bastille has made me find my rhythm again.


You can put some joy upon my face

sunshine in an empty place



I can ease you of your pain




Won't you teach me how to love and learn?

they'll be nothing left for me to yearn

think of me and burn and let me hold your hand

I don't want to face the world in tears...




This is the rhythm of my life


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNsLFRwuPA



© 2015 Kathryn Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2015