Crucible

Crucible

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Reading through old writings saw this and it is the reviews you should read. Many great ones and so many old friends no longer writing here. it was in defense of a review a friend got

"

So, you've come here to crucify me with your words for my words , thoughts, feelings that I write here with all the heart and soul inside me. Words that say, use me, write me, please, me.
Thoughts that say tell me, let them see me. Feelings that say release me, set me free.

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.You say there is no rhythm, YOU have no rhythm..  perhaps it flows backward like the old timers said the mighty Mississip' flowed after the great earthquake on the New Madrid Fault.

You say there is no rhythm. So maybe I don't dance that well or to the same tune as you do besides that, I'm white.Know fact, we have little rhythm...

Oh, and the structure, bad. built this with my own two hands and I don't really want to tear it down for you. Thank you very much.

 So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I will tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.

MY Words, MY Thoughts , My Feelings, and perhaps if they should be deemed worthy of being featured by whoever it is that deems such, I will say Bravo for me , and to you I will say,"Thank you for the review, thanks very much, but I think I will write it, do it my way."

All grammatical and misspelled words you see are welcomed.




I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like. Some of the writers on this site are young, just getting their feet wet. Still they want to write and have something to say. The writing is a form of release and much better than drugs or alcohol or anything in that vein. I have see some reviews of theirs..cruel reviews. I would imagine many of the younger writers give up when all they needed, need is a bit of encouragement and a few tips, maybe by email as younger people are more sensitive usually.
 And the thing that helps most is reading the fine poetry and stories by the many talented writers here at the Cafe.

Peace and Love

Chloe
 

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i think i said it all above in the rambling speech ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

Well done Chloe!!!!!
Well put and a great defence...............you are right, so many young writers come to find their feet only to be shot down by aresholes
personally I don't think they write very well so spend time critizing others...........i love my young writers.........and knowing they write instead of doing drugs etc is heart lifting!

I've had my share of nasty reviews.........but really, i ignore it, because they don't know me, and probably have not really bothered to read properly either...............but they don't belong here thats for sure!!

Thank you for sharing such a wonderfully, well written piece of work.............and good on you!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

Bravo!!
I have seen this to many times as well. I myself am not a writer either and agree with every word written. There are some phenomenal writers on this site and alot of aspiring ones as well. Constructive critisism, by all means yes, but don't be cruel in your words. Make recommendations but also recognize the effort that one has put into their work and commend the writer on this more, encourage them to write more....it is a great release!!

Awesome job! This should go out to every member of WritersCafe.

Thank you for sharing with me!! Marsh xo


Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

good job

Posted 16 Years Ago


13 of 17 people found this review constructive.

Awww.. I'm so sorry.. I'm glad that you wrote this and I'm sure it felt damn good. Exactly how writing is supposed to be. I'm proud of you. F**k them. But I feel sorry for whoever did that. Because that shows alot of their personality and I hope that they change. I'm glad that you took a negative impact and made it into something positive, like writing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you, some young artists would probably be hurt by a cruel review. It happened to me one year ago when I gave somebody my poems and told me that they were stolen, I that admitting never read enough books or poetry in my life I found myself lost of not be able to communicate, the only way I can communicate. Now after a year I see that my word counts and people enjoy it. There were times I found reviews cruel and sometimes helpful. I agree with you that if there is anything cruel to be said there is always the email solution, which shows entirely professionalism for those who preach of being a writer.
The worse comment I saw in someones blog once was that he asked that people should ask him first to see his poems and then I feel and wonder "Why are we here then ? "

We are here to share the abstract world we make and give it to others to dream and feel the things we feel. If we stop others feel then we are criminals!

I say... please, writers! take politics and personal interest out of the Cafe where Writers share the taste of Life and when people ask you a cube of sugar, don't say No! I am not on a diet!

Thanks Chloe

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jon
Love the concept of this.

Without doubt, honest constructive criticism is the best thing for this place, but some of the reviews I've seen from the more experience writers suggest to me that they have completely forgotten what poetry is about - free expression. There is a pretentiousness about some people - whilst the vast majority are great - that seems to suggest that simplicity is a bad thing, where infact, it is usually the most beautiful in my opinion.

So with regard to what you are saying here - i'm fully onboard - nice write ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

Having recieved a review yesterday from some psycho, an obvious child named Gabriel, I can tell you that I never take stuff like that serious. I reported it, sent him a nicely worded message reminding him of his lack of maturity and then blocked him. I got on with my day because someone who just throws a childish profanity laced tantrum over your work has other problems. As I told him, I have no anger toward him. I pity him and I hope he gets the help he needs. But don't confuse those mindless tirades for reviews. A good review is an actual comment on what is written with a focus on what is good and also what could be better. As you say in your description, some poems are so self-evident, they require little commentary. Some writers are here for fun and I try to be aware of them and respect what they do, even if personally, I don't see much in terms of talent. Writing is not all about talent. It is about having the courage and the ability to speak truth and to let your mind play with words so that you may feel the freedom of thought that comes with achieving something beyond your own cranium. No one may ever read what is written, but it is out there in the world ready to enlighten, even if it is only you who find it. You have said a lot about the mixture of the cafe and your words point out the dilleniation between types of writers. In WC, I think we all could use a little kindness toward writers who are just beginning and the young writers. What is needed is not perfect work, but work that comes from someone who is enjoying their efforts however meager talent may be. You don't have to be anyone else, you just have to be yourself. Thanks for sharing this with me dear and chin up. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop him from being an a*****e. Peace.

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
Peace suits u my dear Chloe!!>......this is a very well-written piece......and thank you for writing this!! :-)......btw...this is going to be FEATURED!!!!!!!

Uve really written beautifully........and u make ur point so clear..........and thank you for sticking up for the artist in us all.....but really....for the person in us who has found a way to open themselves to an unknown world....by putting their words out there for all to see......its a part of them and a part of them it will be.....!......appreciate one another......encourage, be there, dont judge the author...judge the piece.....be a good critic by being positive in the negative......aah!....
some ppl get a 'kick' by bringing others down....dunno what that is!......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
O! :-)

going to my library!! x

Posted 16 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

Yea. I have seen way too many people that decided way too early in life to try and make everyone else miserable. Most with spiteful attitudes. After all, like you stated, many are to learn and express their thoughts, their dreams, their nightmares...throught the power of words. Instead of tearing someone down those cruel few should learn to help build them up and help where they can and learn from where they can't.

Posted 16 Years Ago


20 of 21 people found this review constructive.

Well said Chloe, I hope it wasn't about me. LOL

I'm sure everyone will agree with you about this. There is a way to critique someone and a way not to. You can either decide to build people up or tear them down. The same goes with their writing. I love being encouraged by others and I love encouraging others. What I don't like are snobs who use the critiquing process as a way of putting others down to make themselves feel superior. Typically people like that are pretty insecure anyways, since if they had any real ability there wouldn't be any need to behave as they do.

Anyway, Chloe girl I'm proud you said what you did.

You done good.

And btw, you're one of my favorite writers to read over here. Take care sweets :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


22 of 22 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1583 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..