Crucible

Crucible

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Reading through old writings saw this and it is the reviews you should read. Many great ones and so many old friends no longer writing here. it was in defense of a review a friend got

"

So, you've come here to crucify me with your words for my words , thoughts, feelings that I write here with all the heart and soul inside me. Words that say, use me, write me, please, me.
Thoughts that say tell me, let them see me. Feelings that say release me, set me free.

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.You say there is no rhythm, YOU have no rhythm..  perhaps it flows backward like the old timers said the mighty Mississip' flowed after the great earthquake on the New Madrid Fault.

You say there is no rhythm. So maybe I don't dance that well or to the same tune as you do besides that, I'm white.Know fact, we have little rhythm...

Oh, and the structure, bad. built this with my own two hands and I don't really want to tear it down for you. Thank you very much.

 So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I will tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.

MY Words, MY Thoughts , My Feelings, and perhaps if they should be deemed worthy of being featured by whoever it is that deems such, I will say Bravo for me , and to you I will say,"Thank you for the review, thanks very much, but I think I will write it, do it my way."

All grammatical and misspelled words you see are welcomed.




I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like. Some of the writers on this site are young, just getting their feet wet. Still they want to write and have something to say. The writing is a form of release and much better than drugs or alcohol or anything in that vein. I have see some reviews of theirs..cruel reviews. I would imagine many of the younger writers give up when all they needed, need is a bit of encouragement and a few tips, maybe by email as younger people are more sensitive usually.
 And the thing that helps most is reading the fine poetry and stories by the many talented writers here at the Cafe.

Peace and Love

Chloe
 

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i think i said it all above in the rambling speech ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

These responses are great! I am so glad you all know what I mean~thanks everyone..All these responses need to be put into a poem book for all to read..love you guys !seems as if i lost a friend though, a really nice guy with lovely poems and words..this was not written to critique the critic or poetry.. none of us want to change true poetry.. Just be ourselves. To be clear it was not a review I had received though i received many harsh ones here and there but my armor is strong..
Oh, and i gained the friend back :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


15 of 15 people found this review constructive.

this is what i have been feeling also i really love the historic examples your writing is soo vivid. your an inspiration!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.

dear chloe you are amazing! you speak for all of us who at one time have been slandered by the ignorance that seems to run rampant. the best work is that with RAW emotions or words. Writing is a way for us to be free. F**K anyone else who 'crucifies' anyone as if they are better. Bravo Chloe....bravo. -Liv

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.

coming over to your page from the abyss of unread cafe wallflowers - I have seen you on other pages and your reviews are always presented with integrity and intelligence. I would think reviewers visiting you would respond in kind. At least that would be the appropriate thing to do. I have never given an ugly review to my knowledge simply because I believe all people have a voice, a soul, and deserve to be read/heard. I want to be read/heard and that is why I am here. I also want to circulate amongst the denizens of the written word and will not be welcome if I repeatedly offend.
This piece is affirming for those of us who are serious about writers and writing - and should be a clear warning for those who simply want to 'stir sh*t' on someones page. I applaud you for that and I also love this piece for other reasons. I too loved the refs to papyrus/crucifiction etc - and I especially loved the way you stuck up for those out here who are just getting started (that ROCKS) Writing is a release. There is a freedom to it. And that is sacred. Thank you so much for putting this out here. peace.

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.

Chloe, my friend. There are people out there that need to put others down so they can feel good about themselves. Some actually feel better when they make others feel better. But there are still those that can only be elevated by shoving someone else down. They think if they can prove someone else to be less, then they are more by comparrison, and need not strive to be better. . . . They say it takes all kinds to make the world go around . . . oh, well!!
Great composition. You get your point out!



Posted 16 Years Ago


17 of 17 people found this review constructive.

You go, Chloe!!!!

Love the paked images here....Have so much respect for what I LEARN from you as a writer upon my visits......... Thank you..... This has style and attutude that gets up and struts the room.

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 17 people found this review constructive.

Aw Chloe this is great I have to say everyone who has written reviews to me have been kind so far, but I have seen a few who need to understand the difference between critique and criticism, feedback is great and always welcome as is good structured advising well intentioned critique. Just being mean for the sake of it is a s****y way to treat other peoples thoughts. Thats why I love this bit.

I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like.
Sam x

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

I couldn't agree more. I often think cruelty is a form of self-hatred. People filled with self-loathing will often spew their own poison unprovoked on others. They feel misrable about themselves and thereofre bring that misery on others.

Blessings,

Joseph

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

this is one great statement :)
and i think i might know who you refer to but anyways
i think you made some good points in here, it described the cafe perfectly :)
and indeed, we aren't here to make the 'writer' feel bad, we are here to give tips and advice, to lend a hand to those who need it!
Great job chloe :) you go girl!!
xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.

Well Chloe if someone wrote a cruel review then that person is an a*****e...The cafe is to help young and old writers alike to release their emotion. If they can not do this then they will find out a new way to release the emotion....Writing is a good way to show your emotion and also get that emotion out of your system....Emotion causes stress and stress is not good for you....

Writerscafe is here to help that is why you can write whatever you want as long as it is with in the rules and guidelines of the cafe...If you dont get the respect that you so deserve the report the person. You have every right to write what you want and no one can dictate to you on how you should write anything...If they do not like it then screw them.....They need to learn mannors if they even know what they are....

Posted 16 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1583 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..