Crucible

Crucible

A Story by Chloe..Across the Universe
"

Reading through old writings saw this and it is the reviews you should read. Many great ones and so many old friends no longer writing here. it was in defense of a review a friend got

"

So, you've come here to crucify me with your words for my words , thoughts, feelings that I write here with all the heart and soul inside me. Words that say, use me, write me, please, me.
Thoughts that say tell me, let them see me. Feelings that say release me, set me free.

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.You say there is no rhythm, YOU have no rhythm..  perhaps it flows backward like the old timers said the mighty Mississip' flowed after the great earthquake on the New Madrid Fault.

You say there is no rhythm. So maybe I don't dance that well or to the same tune as you do besides that, I'm white.Know fact, we have little rhythm...

Oh, and the structure, bad. built this with my own two hands and I don't really want to tear it down for you. Thank you very much.

 So go ahead, crucify me. Place me on papyrus with pens of quill. I will tear myself down, pour my thoughts, words, feelings on this bloody papyrus.

MY Words, MY Thoughts , My Feelings, and perhaps if they should be deemed worthy of being featured by whoever it is that deems such, I will say Bravo for me , and to you I will say,"Thank you for the review, thanks very much, but I think I will write it, do it my way."

All grammatical and misspelled words you see are welcomed.




I came here because I was invited .. to write, read, share and learn.
The Cafe is kind, the people are kind. The review I read a few days ago WAS not kind.. it seemed as if the person reviewing was deliberately trying to make the writer feel bad.
I am not a writer, I have already stated that. Many I read are writers , writers I would aspire to be like. Some of the writers on this site are young, just getting their feet wet. Still they want to write and have something to say. The writing is a form of release and much better than drugs or alcohol or anything in that vein. I have see some reviews of theirs..cruel reviews. I would imagine many of the younger writers give up when all they needed, need is a bit of encouragement and a few tips, maybe by email as younger people are more sensitive usually.
 And the thing that helps most is reading the fine poetry and stories by the many talented writers here at the Cafe.

Peace and Love

Chloe
 

© 2011 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i think i said it all above in the rambling speech ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think Candi NAILED'm to that cross that didn't go to heaven at the last minute!! WOO HOOO!
i AM SO GLADDDDDD TO be a part of this crowd that so enjoys the very creative juices that flow from our distraught and heavy minds to such cyber corners as reach the eyes of you and you and you and you...I HAVE THE BEST WRITING FRIENDS FOR WHOM A WRITER COULD ASK!!!!

Chloe, this is masterfully constructed *[sic]ly* and appropriately mispeled!!!

The scathing humor of the sad truth that some a*****e may have ruined the spirit of a young writer. F**K THAT!!

Here, below, Candi says bell-ringing truth:

To the conforming a******s:
I wonder if you conformists can dance to rap music or sing along?
How about the beat of the drum...can you feel that beat? rhythm?
SING A TUNE AND HOLD ONE...can you do that?
Stabbing your species in the back does not make you intelligent
it makes us wiser because we turned our face from you...

C**k
suckers
f**k
them
love
candi

oh yeah...this is good...we may need a contest for the best venting replies to the shittiest reviews!

Brava! Brava!

love,
tigerr


Posted 16 Years Ago


21 of 22 people found this review constructive.

I agree this needed to be said..I also saw someone ripping another writer apart..not constructively about the work but just attacks! Why? does it make them feel better about their own? So, yes, there are grammatical and spelling errors..so simply say..hey "C" ya spelled rythm wrong its rhythm..is that harsh?..no..go with it ppl!
thnx "C"
PEACE n INK

Posted 16 Years Ago


23 of 23 people found this review constructive.

Bravo, Chloe! I read a very harsh review the other day (not my own) also. I was so annoyed because it was personally attacking the writer and not really the work, itself. I went and read the "critics" work and I had to say that I was unimpressed. I don't know who he thought he was. I've only had one non-constructive review and it's prompted me to write something as well. It's been bouncing around in my head.

By the way, favorite lines:

You say my meter is off, put a disconnect notice on it.

Hilarious since I happen to work for the local electric & gas company! That made my night. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


25 of 25 people found this review constructive.

This is great I am going to let you know that I am not a great reviewer by any means but I want to tell you the poem shows the emotion of how alot of us feel at time as writers great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


20 of 24 people found this review constructive.

love it love it!!
it deff needed to be said!!
and i thank you for saying it!!!
*hugz*

Posted 16 Years Ago


21 of 24 people found this review constructive.

Candi directed me to this poem and glad she did... You have it nailed... thank you for writing this... there are to many out there that all they want to do is tear others work apart... probaly cause they cant write themselves

Posted 16 Years Ago


22 of 25 people found this review constructive.

Yes, this is freedom of expression. AND A BRILLIANT ONE>>>>
OH hey, no matter what
this is
our out lit,
our emotions,
our light when dim,
our expression,
our hearts,
our loves good or bad,
our times happy or sad,
we are writers,
we are poets,
we represent freedom
freedom of expression
freedom of writes
freedom of speech
freedom of all things
and rebels we will soon be if the conforming sons of a b*****s
continue to try and brainwash us
ALL that we are and all that we have
CONSIST of BUT NOT LIMITED TOO our writing utensils, tablets and minds

To the conforming a******s:
I wonder if you conformists can dance to rap music or sing along?
How about the beat of the drum...can you feel that beat? rhythm?
SING A TUNE AND HOLD ONE...can you do that?
Stabbing your species in the back does not make you intelligent
it makes us wiser because we turned our face from you...

C**k
suckers
f**k
them
love
candi

Posted 16 Years Ago


21 of 23 people found this review constructive.


9
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1583 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..