19 Years Ago

19 Years Ago

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress
"

Chapter 1

"

19 Years ago


In the middle of Gilda was a small town of White-River. It was winter, cold and frozen; from the tallest tree to the deepest rivers, everything was covered in Snow, Ice and Frost. Things were the colour of white, light blue and light purple; Ice shards looked like crystals to the eye, and the frosted grass looked like the tiny shards that fell from the crystals.


It was a forest of white; nothing was any other colour besides the colours that covered the forest. The town of White-River was no different. it had been covered in the snow and ice. Signs and buildings were stolen of their bright colours, and exchanged for white.


People walked in coats of thick woolly fur, to keep the warmth trapped inside the already warm coat. Hats, gloves and boots were all worn to keep the warmth surrounding their bodies. Footprints were left in the snow by thick boots that trapped skinned feet in their warmth.


Not many people wondered the streets of White-River, most the streets were empty and blank from the lack of life. Birds that were used to the weather sat searching for leftover food that was left behind. Cars were abandoned by their owners and left to collect the snow of the cold weather.


On the street there was a small building, with just two levels. The building was also covered with snow, and a sign that hang off the building was frosted and covered in the snow of the weather. Outside the building sat a small silver swift Suzuki, its roof was bucketed with snow, the windows were frosted over and the bonnet had collected some snow.


The small building had a large window, showing the streets what was held inside the building. The window was covered in frost deeming it unable to be seen into. An oak door sat tightly shut; keeping out all the cold wind that pushed and pulled at the snow.


Inside the store there was a desk at the front. Sitting at the desk was a chair that was tucked underneath the desk with a computer sitting in front of it. Behind the desk, there were stakes of books, all put away into their shelves for safe keeping.


Behind the book shelf’s there was a twisted staircase. It was black with grey railing; it went up into the only other level in the building. Up top the stairs led into a large open area; on the left there was a white kitchen with blue and black wall. On the right side there was a living room.


It was an open white carpet area, it had chocolate walls and several portraits hanging off the walls it had a three seat black sofa facing an open fire pit with a fence surrounding it. On the right there was a one seat black arm chair also facing the fire pit. A regular sized television sat in the corner facing both the sofa and the arm chair. Next to the television there is a black and glass coffee table. On top of the coffee table there were magazines and a plant inside a white pot.


Further down the hall there were four other rooms but all the doors were closed tightly, locking out intruders. At the end of the hall there sat a small white table, mixing with the also chocolate walls. The doors were all oak and plain and had nothing special imprinted onto them…


In the living room, sitting on the carpet there was a large basket. Inside the basket a dark red coated female Husky laid inside. She had a beautiful dark red and light cream coated fur; her eyes were a beautiful icy blue. Inside the basket there were eight pups surrounding her; some were brown others were dark red or light red.


But there was one pup, that wasn’t brown or a dark red but pure snow white. It was a male; his fur was pure and drowned of colour leaving it as a beautiful white purer then the snow that covered the roads outside the building. His fur was left without marks it was just white, it glowed in the snow.


He was different to the others; none of the others were white, just him…


He was curled in the corner of the basket. The others all lay together in a ball near their mother. Outside the basket sat a dark brown and light brown male Husky. He watched the red Husky and the seven pups, before looking over to the white one.


Lowering his head down to the pup, he opened his mouth and picked up the pup. The pup stirred slightly before settling down; the brown male lifted the pearl white pup, and put him down in his lap as he laid down.


The husky curled around, with his tail and head protecting the pup, as the snow pup made itself comfortable in the new heated warmth. The pup curled its body around and into the Husky male and started to softly snore into the night.


Behind the house something crashed into the ground, as a thigh hit it. The rattling came from the back door, as it was pushed and pulled at. The intruders knocked the door down and ran into the building. Searching through the building, looking for anything they could get their hands on.


The male Husky and female’s head’s perked up, ears pointed, and listening carefully. They looked around the house before looking at each other and getting up. The male left the pup on the floor as he ran down the stairs to face the intruders.


The pup whimpered at the loss of warmth, and started to crawl over to the basket. He reached the basket and put his paw onto the basket side to hop into it, but stopped when he heard something come up the stairs.


His eyes weren’t open and his ears still flopped over his head, but he could still hear something.


Two large black dogs came up the stairs, teeth flashed and eyes narrowed. Their eyes flashed with blue and green, their legs strong and full of muscle " their fur was short and shaggy but black as night " Their ears were pointed and their claws drawn and ready.


The two dogs started to sniff the ground and walk around the house. One came into the living room where the pups were, then started to sniff the air. The black dog looked over to the basket and started to walk over with a slight growl.


When the black dog was only a few steps away from the basket, a swiping brush came around and wacked him in the side of the head. The black dog shakes his head then started to growl while looking up at the one that had hit him in the head.


Standing holding the swiping brush was an elderly woman easy in her early 80’s. She had a head of white/grey hair that was out and reached her shoulders; she wore a long floor length yellow nightie and white slippers on. The elder had grey/blue eyes that showed tiredness from the disturbed sleep. She had a look of determination in her eyes.


The black dog bared his teeth at the elderly woman, as she tried to hit him once more. The other black dog came over also; the two stood growling at the elder woman. The two dogs stalked closer to the elder, teeth still bared and eyes narrow.


The moment the two got to close to the elderly woman was when the two Husky came back up the stairs and jumped onto the two black dogs. The elder cheered for the Huskies as they attacked the two dogs.


The male Husky bit down on the black dogs neck, forcing it to the ground; while the female Husky had lost her grip on the other black dog, letting him ran off towards the living room with the female Husky following after him.


The female Husky jumped into the air and tackled the black dog to the ground. The white pup cracked his eyes open slightly and only saw the image of the Husky attacking the black dogs throat. The elder woman went towards the stairs and went down to the lower level where the intruders remained.




© 2015 PenguinEmpiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good Maddy :) But I got a little confused cuz there's 2 black dogs maybe make a little difference between them so the reader knows who was getting attacked by the elderly lady. Like for example one had a white patch or something or different coloured eyes.

Posted 8 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

Ok, I never really thought about that, thank you! :)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

No problem don't hate me though. Since you warned not to be mean some people just say suggestions to.. read more
PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

nah it's fine

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 27, 2015


Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress