Open Desert

Open Desert

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress
"

Chapter 5

"

Open Desert


Town: Diesel


Country: Never-Ends


Time after Fire: 19 years later

 


“Are you right to go, Samantha?” James asked the golden Husky


“Yes, thank you  for everything” Samantha answered


“Good, safe journey and good luck” James said his final words to the husky as she jumped onto the back of the wagon.


“Yes, and to you too” she called as the wagon began to move.


The town of Diesel soon became smaller, to the point of disappearing off into the distance. Samantha laid down and watched as the desert continued on and on. It was a never ending cycle of sand and dirt.


Samantha’s eyes closed as time passed, she didn’t sleep but wasn’t awake either, she was just drifting.


The day pasted slowly, but the sun’s setting made it all worthwhile. The Sky was in shades of red, orange and yellow. Samantha sat watching the sun set over the horizon, and as the colours of the setting turned dark, to shade of blue and black.


The ride to Jessenvale had stopped for the night, as the driver had decided it was enough for the day. Samantha sat on the back of the wagon watching the night as its stars sparkled in the night; no clouds blocked the view for the purple eyes of the husky.


A slight breeze blow through the camp, pushing again her fur slightly, making her ear twitch at the contact. She shook her head trying to remove the odd feeling on her ear, her necklace hit against her legs as she moved her head to the side.


Her eyes watched the stars twinkle in the night; the moon was bright and large. Samantha watched on as the stars twinkled and the wind blew, it was quiet maybe too quiet. Her ears jolted up as she heard a howl in the distance.


It was faint but clear at the same time. She turned her head towards the humans who were giving her a lift to Jessenvale. They were talking about something, than the howl went off again; Samantha’s head turned back towards the desert and away from the humans, she narrowed her eyes towards the night desert, looking for anything.


Her eyes searched, praying that whatever it was that it wasn’t coming their way. The howl came again but it was closer than before; Samantha sat up onto her front legs and kept her ears up, alert for any sound.


She heard the click of a gun and the low silent growl. She caught the growl and looked out into the desert and caught a glance of a black shadow creature, it breathed heavily and its growl grow louder, as it started to increase in speed.


Samantha heard the shots of guns go off towards the creature. Dodging the bullets  the creature jumped up and attacked the man and tearing at his throat. Another bullet was fired at the creature before it jumped up and attacked their throat as well.


Samantha sat there in fright and shacked in fear, ears tucked back. She watched as the creature tore the flesh off of the men.  The creature of black looked up and over towards Samantha blood dripped from its mouth and flesh fell from it.


The creature walked towards Samantha but she was unable to move she was scarred with fright and fear. The creature was just metres from her when it punched towards her, Samantha braced herself for the attack and closed her violet eyes and turned her head.


As the creature was in the air jumping, it was knocked away by something else. Falling to the ground the new comer rolled on the ground along with the creature following after. The new comer stood shakily and shacked off the feeling. He looked over to the creature of black and watched it stand up with ease.


He growled and the circled around the creature while it circled around him. The two growled at each other, before the creature jumped for the new comer. He jumped out of the way and tackled the creature to the ground, trying to bite its throat.


The black creature snapped at his neck trying to tear it also. He bit into the creatures leg and the creature grabbed his white fur and throw him to the side. The white newbie hit the ground with a thud and slide across the ground.


He stood back up and shakes his body again. As he stabled himself, the creature lunged forward and tackled him to the ground once more, snapping and growling towards him, while he laid there glaring and growling up at the creature.


He pushed at the creature’s chest and moved his head as it tried to bite him.  The creature put its own feet onto the white dogs chest and pushed harshly on it. The white dogs push on the creatures chest lessen as his supple of oxygen was cut off.


When the white dog was laying on its side not moving the creature stepped off his chest and headed back towards the golden Husky, who was still in a state of shock from what had just happen to the white dog.


The creature growled and Samantha flinched. As the creature of black became just 

centimetres from her, something jumped on to its back and started attacking its neck. Biting and pulling a the black fur with strong teeth the dog dug its claws into the back and shoulders of the creature.


The creature fell over from the weight of the dog, and its neck extended just enough for the dog to release its teeth from the back of its neck and attack the front. The dog tore the flesh from the creature and the creature stopped moving altogether.


Samantha sat in horror as the dog stood over the corpse of the black creature with the light of the fire set upon his white fur. His face and mouth were covered in blood, his paws stood in the puddle created by the creature and blood leaked from his own small wounds.


The dog looked towards Samantha and she flinched once more, deep red eyes stared through her as if she didn’t exist, the stare from the white creature made her feel as if she didn’t belong.


The white dog shaked his body and twitched his ear and he walked towards her; she closed her eyes in fright but when nothing happened she opened them again and saw he was gone. She looked behind her shoulder and saw him walking off into the distance of the desert.


“wait!” She called


She ran up to him trying to keep up, but he was took long steps. She was hesitant to walk next to him not only because of how fast he was walking but because of those eyes. They were so 

cold and heartless but they also looked so warm.


“Please slow down, I have so many questions to ask!” She trotted up next to him, through all her fright and fear she went up next to him.


“Go away, leave me alone” was his only answer


“But why, why did you help me?” She questioned


“…” He didn’t answer but just kept walking


“Please tell me!” She said


“I didn’t kill it for you I did it for myself” He said not looking at her and walking on.


“…” She stood there and watched him walk off, before narrowing her eyes and running up to him again.


She didn’t say anything just walked next to him; she looked at him every now and then but never for too long. When she looked at him she noticed the concentration and determination in them.


While looking at him she noticed the several scars that covered his body, from his neck to his tail.


He never turned his head to her but his eyes did look over to her, noticing her flawless walk. He groaned then looked back to the desert night; his steps were stumbled when he noticed a first light of day peak over the horizon.


He stopped walked and stood up straight and watched the sun slowly lift into the sky. A gust of wind filled with sand blew through them, and the white dog shook it off when it was over, while Samantha just sneezed the sand off her nose before getting more onto her by the white dog.


The white dog moved on, and Samantha stumbled after him after she noticed he was moving on. The male dog had hunched over again when he noticed a small lake, covered over by trees and forestation.


Samantha noticed his ears twitch upwards. She saw his eyes looking in the distance, and her glaze followed his towards the small lake. Her eyes lit up at the sight of it, and a smile made its way onto her face.


He ran towards the lake and she followed after him. When the pair reached the lake, Samantha’s face was bright as could be; she noticed the white dog walk towards the water, before falling on his back and rolling over to his side. Samantha watched the white dog just lay there, while she just drank the water.


“Why do you keep following me?”


Samantha’s ears pricked up at the voice of the white dog. She lifted her head and looked over to him.


“Because I have questions I want to ask you” Samantha answered the white dog with the red eyes


“Like what?” the dog lifted his head slightly to speak but stayed laying on his side


“How did a dog like you, kill that thing back there?” Samantha questioned taking a step forward and lowering her head to him


“For starters, that thing is a Shadow Being. They enjoy killing. Second I’m not a dog” He stood up and started to walk away from her but staying in the water


“Wait! What’s a shadow creature and what do you mean you’re not a dog?” Samantha called after him trying to catch up to him


“A shadow creature is an animal that has fallen into despair or rage” he explained


“What do you mean fallen?” Samantha questions


“When an animal loses something they becomes consumed in revenge whether it was murder or natural” He explained further


“Consumed by revenge?” Samantha thought out loud


“You know, when you lose someone important to you. You lose control of your emotions; you either go on the path of revenge and avenge the ones you lost or take the road of feeling like your being haunted by the ones you couldn’t save. So they became Shadow creatures” he explains and continues to walks through the water


“But you still haven’t told me what you are. Are you a shadow creature too?” Samantha hesitated to ask


He let out a laugh before answering “No, I’m not a shadow creature”


“Then what are you?” She asked with the slight turn of her head

“I’m… I’m a wolf…” 


© 2015 PenguinEmpiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this story, but I've been left with a lot of questions. Is this a normal world as told by animals, or do the humans know the animals communicate with each other this way? I think it needs some more details, but I say that about most of your unedited work. I'm not trying to be mean. I think you really should finish this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Nah, it's fine! It's good to hear constructive criticism, instead of compliments all the time! and s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on October 27, 2015
Last Updated on October 27, 2015
Tags: desert, arguing, fight, water, wolves, husky


Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress