Stranger

Stranger

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress
"

Chapter 3

"

Stranger 


Town: Diesel


Country: Never-Ends


Time after fire: 19 years later

 


The sun’s rays heated the rock ground with no mercy for those below. The Never-Ends dry and empty place it had no place for the weak hearted or cold lovers. But there were those crazy few who loved being in the hot country.


In the distance a small town could be seen the town was called Diesel. Outside the town was a group of Sand-Bears; one white wolf sat watching them from the distance. Both his front legs were wrapped in bandages and it was the same with his back left leg.


Bandages hanged off his tail, and scars covered his body.


His chipped ear twitched as he stood up walking towards the group but instead circled around them. His eyes watched as a large black bear came towards him; the bear gave a warning cry towards the wolf.


The scarred wolf just sat down as the bear cried to him.


“Mate, I don’t understand one word your saying” The wolf stated to the bear as it continued to cry.


The wolf shook his head and stood up; as he looked up he noticed the bear standing on its back legs standing over him. His ears flicked as he shook his head; lifting his front paw he looked at the bear.


“Well, you sure did grow, now didn’t you?” The wolf asked


The bear roared and swag his arm at the wolf. The wolf’s eyes tracked the arm and jumped back just as his claws cut the fur of his chest.


“Hey, Hey! Steady Mate, no need to get feisty!” The stated baring his teeth


The wolf watched the bear for a couple of seconds before jumping onto his shoulder, biting into his tough skin. The bear tried to shake the wolf off as he swag his arms at the wolf. The white wolf growled as the bear’s claws hit his back with force.


Releasing his grip slightly he quickly moved to the bears neck. When the bear’s attacks slowed and weaken the Wolf jumped off of his shoulder and onto the ground.


The bear fell to the ground and the wolf looked over his shoulder. Walking over to the creature of black, the white wolf sniffed the bear making sure it was dead. The wolf licked his mouth of the blood, but didn’t remove all of it before looking over towards the group of bears, and when they didn’t attack the wolf bit into the arm of the bear and started to drag it towards the town known as Diesel.


The white wolf released the bears arm as he reached the town. He looked at the bear before shaking his body. His ear twitched when he heard the sound of stones being stepped on. Looking over his shoulder the wolf saw the Blue Heeler sheriff dog.


The wolf rolled his eyes at the actions of the heeler, and went over to the water tap connected to a water tank. The wolf jumped up and pushed the nob of the tap, releasing the water on the ground, before he stuck he muzzle under it removing any blood from his mouth.


“Why do you always bring it here?” The Sheriff asked as he looked at the fly bring beast.


The white wolf stuck his whole head under the tap before closing the tap off and giving his head a firm shake to move the water towards his neck. The wolf stretched his back legs and yawned as he looked over at the sheriff but really not paying him much attention.


“What’s wrong with here?” The wolf asked as he walked away from the heeler and towards 

the veranda.


“You know as well as I do, that the sheriff dislikes the smell” The heeler stated as he caught up to the white wolf.


“Oh really, you don’t seem to mind it” The wolf stated sitting down in the shade under the roof of the veranda.


“You know want I’m talking about Alejandro!” The heeler said as he watched the wolf lay down


“It’ll do the old goat some good” the wolf stated as he rolled over to let his back face the heeler


“How so, Alejandro?!” Said the dog sheriff


“It’ll open his lungs, or put us out of our misery of the old git” Alejandro said with a yawn


The heeler sheriff let out a growl before walking into the office. The wolf watched as the blue dog disappeared behind the door before closing his eyes and saying one last thing before letting sleep take over.


“Stupid old goat”


On the other side of town, was a stranger from a faraway country. The stranger came into the town with a tired look on their face, their steps were stumbled and their breathing wishing for rest.


The dog stopped walking and looked up seeing everyone looking in their direction. They shaked their head letting the hood they wore fall off, revealing a beautiful golden female 

Husky. Her violet eyes looked over the town, looking for just one person before her eyes stopped on two dogs that sat of near a tavern.


The golden girl trotted up to the two dogs, one being quite short and of the breed of 


Pomeranian and the other was tall and an Afghan hound. The pair sat together chat about 

something as the golden dog came up to them.


“Excuse me? But could you tell me where I am?” The golden dog asked


“Then he was like…” The pair chatted on


“Excuse me?” The Husky tried again looking at the pair of chatters


“Can’t you see were trying to talk?!” The Pomeranian snapped


“I’m sorry, but could you just tell me where I am?” She asked again


“Where else, you’re in Diesel” The taller dag stated


“Diesel! But I’m meant to be in Jessenvale!” The golden husky said


“Well that’s not our problem” The smaller dog stated and went back to her conversation with the larger dog


“Well, do you know who can take me there?” She asked them


“Hm, there is one person, who could” the taller dog said


“Who?!” She asked


“Don’t, raise her hopes, he’ll never help her” said the smaller one


“Who won’t?!” The golden girl asked


“You never know he could, he is unpredictable” the larger one said


“And unreliable” said the Pomeranian


“Who is?!” She asked


“Alejandro” The two said in unisons


“Ale…jandro?” she said


“Mm-hm, Badest, roughest, strongest. Guy you’ll ever meet” said the Afghan hound


“Trusts no one and best not to trust him either” said the smaller dog


“May not be trust worthy, but he sure as hell is a piece of eye candy” the taller one said with a sly smile


“That’s for sure, too bad for you though, he wouldn’t want some dog larger then himself” The small dog stated


“Do you know where I can find him?” The golden husky asked


“Go to the Sheriff’s office he usually sleeps around there and if he’s not there then you better get ready for a long wait, for his return” As the taller dog said that the two started to leave


“Wait…” She called out but they were gone “Where’s the Sheriff’s office?” The husky looked around for anyone but was left all alone, and sighed.


“Where to now…”


She went on walking through the town noticing the large amount of dogs that hanged around the streets of the town. No one was really outside humans were inside as their laughter could 

be heard as she walked by their shops and homes.


As she walked by, something caught her noise a foul smell. She lifted her head and sniffed the air getting a strong whiff of it, when she did. She shook her head, before her violet eyes caught a glance of a swinging sign.


The sign read SHERIFF in bold letters; her eyes lighten up when she read the word. But as she trotted over she could hear someone yelling inside and the horrible smell returned.


When she reached the stairs that led to the deck, she noticed something white on the deck. Looking to her right she saw a white dog sleeping.


As she was just about to go into the office of the sheriff she heard a voice come from the white dog’s direction.


“I wouldn’t go in there if I was you, Stranger” The dog yawned


“Thank you for your concern, but I’m looking for someone, and I need to see the Sheriff” she said to the dog of white


“You realise he can’t understand you right?” The dog stated still laying down


“I’m well aware of that fact” She said, and decided to enter the office, not caring if the dog had something to say.


“Stupid pup…” he yawned and fell asleep


The golden dog came through the door and into the office of the sheriff. She could hear yelling coming from inside one of the three rooms that were connected to the office. As she was about to go through the arc into the room, she saw a blue heeler, shake his head at her, before he headed towards the door to exit the office, signalling her to follow him.


When he was out, she looked back at the room through arc, then went towards the door and exited the office, coming back into the heat of the day. She looked down seeing the white dog again as he yawned then rested his head onto his front legs.


“Right  now isn’t the best time to see the sheriff” the heeler spoke “Is there anything I can do to help, I’m the sheriffs partner”


“I’m looking for someone who can take me to Jessenvale” She said


“What’s a pup, like you wanting to go there for. It’s awfully far and it’s a dangerous journey” The sheriff heeler said with concern


“That’s why I need someone to take me. I heard theres someone here, by the name of Alejandro that can take me” She told the heeler


“Alejandro, well your in luck cause he’s right he-“The heeler signaled towards the missing white dog “huh?, where’d he go?!”


The husky looked towards the spot where the dag had been laying before noticing a tail of white disappear behind the office.


“Wait!” She ran after him with the heeler following


“What!?” He continued to walk away from her and the sheriff


“Can you take me?” She asked


“Take you? I’m not a hound, pup” He snarled


“Alejandro!”The Heeler yelled “help the lady, she needs to get to Jessenvale!”


“Please my families there!” She called


The white dogs ears perked up before dropping down, well he snarled “Find, someone else. I don’t go to Jessenvale”


“Alejandro, just do it for her” The heeler called


“NO!” The white dog turned around a snarl over his face “I’m never going there again, James!”


“Why not! It was 5 years ago!” James called to Alejandro


Alejandro turned his back on the two and started walking away from them. James sighed as the dog left the two of them.


“I’m sorry about him, Miss” James said to the husky


“Now what am I going to do?” She fell into a sitting position


“Everything will be fine. You can catch the wagon to Jessenvale” James told her


“Alright” She looked out into the desert, hoping to see that white fur but he had disappeared just like her sense of direction.



© 2015 PenguinEmpiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 27, 2015
Last Updated on October 27, 2015
Tags: wolves, stangers, husky, bad temper


Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress