Red

Red

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress
"

Chapter 2.

"

Red


A long high-pitched scream ran through that house. That scream was the first thing I heard after my mother bit through that black dog’s neck. The floor started to heat up underneath my paws; I could see the red coming through the floor.


I don’t remember much after the fire only that it burn like a wild fire. My mother and Father were both killed in that fire, I don’t know about any of my siblings but I fear the worst for them, but it might have been better for them all to have passed on.


But the thing I don’t get is why my Mother threw me out the window, why not one of the others. I was nothing special I was white, so what made her save me. We were all the same was I closest to her or something; I’m so confused. I’m never going to know why she saved me instead of anyone else.


My whole family is gone, never to be seen; my caring Mother, Brave Father and my other six brothers and sister; even that old lady.


That old lady was so kind, but when she walked past me, she saw me but didn’t pick me up, but instead she looked like she was frightened. I also thought that it was because of the fire and fright but it didn’t take me long to figure out that it wasn’t because of the fire…


It was because of me…


In White-River people are very superstitious. People will believe anything in this town; they’ll believe anything to avoid death. Here they believe that a wolf with black fur and red eyes means devil or demon, but if the fur is white with blue eyes they believe it means good luck or eternal life. It’s believed here in White-River that if you see a wolf with black fur and red eyes that your death is soon to come and if you see a wolf with white fur and blue eyes that good luck or eternal life is to come your way.


But this town believes everything even though the last person to see a black or white wolf was over five hundred years ago. But the one thing that left everyone thinking was what if the two had a pup a wolf of dark and light either a coat of white or a coat of night, eyes blue as  the sky or eyes red from hell.


That’s where the idea of the wolf with the white coat is the opposite of the original wolf with the white coat and blue eyes, so instead of them being good luck their worse than the black coated wolf with the red eyes. And it’s the same for the black wolf with the blue eyes, that wolf meant good luck or better to those who saw it. But like I said no one’s seen them in a long time, and properly won’t ever again, until now…


That one day, it still haunt’s me in my sleep to this very day… oh how I hate to remember that day, the day I lost everything, the day everything in my life turned to ash and rubble around me and I couldn’t do a thing about it.


It’s been 3 years since it happened. It’s something that never leaves your mind after it happens; it hasn’t left mine for a minute at all since it happened 3 years ago, a long-time of torture, that’s how I see it anyway.


For 3 years I spent my time wandering around the town of White-River; two years ago that’s when I noticed the stares everyone gave me. One of fear, another of anger and another of fright; their the looks I was given when I opened my eyes and started to walk as a pup.


The reason why is because of the fire that happened I was given blame because of my eyes…


My fur is white, so that old lady thought I was good luck, I don’t know why I’m not a wolf like that myth I’m a Husky I think. I’ve never really known, to be honest. I’m white while they were all either red or brown I guess I always thought I didn’t belong, really I didn’t.


I wasn’t until a few months ago I learnt the reason behind those looks of fear and stares of angry, it was because I was a wolf, a white wolf. I never knew. I found out from this old really old St Bernard library dog named Drake. He was the one who told me what I was and the reason why I got those stares.


I wasn’t because of my colour of being white or from being a wolf really I’m a lot smaller than the average wolf that’s what Drake told me. It was because of that stupid Myth of the Black and White wolves. My eyes that’s what put me everyone bad books.


All because of my eyes…


My Red Eyes.



© 2015 PenguinEmpiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg I love the ending of this chapter with the "My red eyes part." This is getting really interesting Maddy but I'm a little confused. Isn't he a husky?

Posted 8 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

8 Years Ago

ehehe, you shall never know~...... nah joking
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Haha yeah :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 27, 2015
Tags: Wolves


Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress