The magic

The magic

A Chapter by Ink

It was indeed a fine day when two lads began their steps. You may had been to the woods once with the same amount of sunlight and had no troubles going to and fro inside. However as any day can turn like any path, their's did, no sooner they walked at least a thrice a meter they noticed the dim clouds.

"Janson!" Jarson called out as Janson was sprinting with excitement.

"Yes Brother?" Janson turned and flashed a smile.

"Now you have packed upon my insistence that I do, tell me you brought shade." Jarson asked wearily

" 'course I have!" said Janson instantly

"Well alright then, we should be prepared." Jarson reached for the bag to grab the shades when Janson whisk it away his grasp.

"Not yet brother! This is an adventure and we can't be safe at start, let us get roughen up ha?!" Janson still smiling gave his Jarson half a hug which in turn assured Jarson a bit. "Just stay near alright." He followed through.

" I know I would and you should too." Jarson reminded Janson.

Let us consider that no small machine with them could tell how long they have walked, avoided branches and stopped at sounds. But if it had been long enough you would know and therefore they knew.

"Jarson?" Janson stopped
"Janson?" Jarson also stopped

"It is dimmer than before, is it dark now? But that's absurd as we had just begun" Janson implies

"Look up Janson, what do you see?" Jarson asked and followed with "The trees are taller and fuller, a dark cloud and fuller taller trees are all there is, but yes if its dimmer then it is." Jarson finished.

"So we continue? To find the other side?" Janson chipped

"What are you consenting me for? We have talked about this that is what you aim for I am to remember which way we came from to return safely. Half half right?" Jarson replied.

"Of course but you have better judgement." Janson answered

Jarson could have beamed if he had not thought it meant something else,"Do not put it on me. I merely wanted to come to know you won't blow it."

And Janson flushed at words fired
"I am not escaping anything I want to know if we should go further."

"Do you want to reach the other side?" Jarson asked

"I desire it so." Janson answered
"We really are twins." Jarson smiled ,
no sooner a trouble emerge was it avoided thanks to their connection, so more they went.

And again Janson wondered "Was the woods ever this big? Or are we walking in circles? And why are trees growing fuller? Its like we are in a different land now."
"Janson we are ten, what do we know of other land? Though I must confess we might have gone in a circle because I cannot for the life of us trace our new tracks in conjunction to the first ones."

"We are lost?!" Janson exclaimed

"Perhaps?!" Jarson replied with utmost doubt

"Ok calm down twin heart calm down, now what do we do?" Janson look at Jarson

"Again with that look!" Jarson replied obviously not yet calm

"Jarson , please." Janson pleaded

"I suppose we rest first because Janson I can not think properly, I am tired and hungry and it is getting dark , I am getting emotional." Jarson said all breathlessly

"Then we must, and I have food for hunger and grape juice for energy." Janson agreed and offered

"I think we should head back." Jarson whispered

"As soon as we are replenished." Janson added

About the time they finished however that cloud began to fall. And it fell hard.

"Shade!!" Jarson shouted
"Over here!" Janson motioned for Jarson to go under a tree whose roots were torn from the ground forming a shaded space, but its not enough and so the brothers pull out their own shade and covered the roots sealing them from the storm and dim light of the woods.

A heavy storm can scare even an adult. But this twins are brave. But brave or not you go weary in the dark.

"Remove it slowly so it won't tear" Jarson hushed gently from inside the shade.

Emerging is a boy with pale face and deep brown eyes, red small lips and damped brown curly hair which is a helmet for his head. This boy stepped out the roots slowly, almost slipped but regained balanced. As he stay a bit longer out he shivered and shuddered. He turned to a shadow who slowly came forth. Deep brown eyes, small red lips and an even paler face same helmet for a head but his browns are lighter. Both stood out and in the dark stared at each other. You may not see colors but they knew each other well to know who is paler and who is taller. Neither is taller but one definitely paler. Their clothes are similar in ways that in the dark you cannot tell apart.

"Are you alright?" Said pale brown
"Wet but yes, and you?" Said dark brown
"Same as you." Said pale brown
And at those words. They found comfort. A piece of home.

"Jarson its night, we cannot deny that now." The first boy walked and look around and then at the sky.

"It does not help that the trees are fuller" The second boy followed the first with his gaze. "There should be stars out or a bright moon." He added

"But the trees and the storm they hide that." Added Janson walking in circles

"Oh I was a fool!" Jarson sat at the ground not minding the dampness.
"Why did I not thought of, guides, before? Like silk thread, rocks, or drawn arrows."

"With this dark I doubt any would help, and we had no idea of what to expect." Janson defended his half.

"And that to, we have no light with us!" Jarson cried
"We have a box of match." Janson exclaimed
"Let's make a torch!" Relieved Jarson

It took a while for almost every wood they found were damp, and boys of ten were not expert at building big fires for torches. But they persist and produced efficiently. And now the faced the direction they came from, they thought they had only gone straight so going home is also a straight path. But trees with long and big roots can make you turn without notice even worse when some of these woods have fallen and closed a path.

"Oh Janson! My Janson what are we to do?" Jarson heaved as he saw the shadows of the fallen trees.
"Shh! Be quiet I hear something." Janson whispered
"Where?" Jarson whispered while looking around.

Janson moved trying to hear more and as he did Jarson let out a shrieked
"What-what?" Janson turned
"Right there you see?" Jarson pointed ahead of Janson
"I see nothing!" Whispered Janson.
Jarson came for Janson and took the torch "There!" Something glitted afar
"Where?" Janson asked once more.
Jarson stepped ahead a little further "There you see? Its glowing now." Jarson held the torch a bit higher

"What is it?" Janson fired another question
"I dunno." Jarson answered truthfully
"All I know is it glows." He added slowly

"Is it a ghost?" Asked by Janson
"It is not moving" said Jarson
"But it glows!" Janson chipped
Then as they got warmer by the torch and closer together they had another connection. All stories about the woods they remember and the words of their grandpa came to.

They turned to each other with fear and excitement in their eyes the drew breath at same time and "IT'S MAGIC!!!" was their line.



© 2018 Ink


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on June 13, 2018
Last Updated on June 13, 2018
Tags: Fun, innocence


Author

Ink
Ink

About
I am new, not really a pro. I just want to write. more..

Writing
Truth be told Truth be told

A Poem by Ink


The Village The Village

A Chapter by Ink


Luck Luck

A Chapter by Ink