The Madman and The Young Man

The Madman and The Young Man

A Chapter by Ink

Now let me take you back to Cal , Andi and Grandpa.

"They ran away! Oh what kind of mother am I to have my children run away from home!" Andi cried

"No it is I, they are children and I give them a patch of life , no constant always changing always moving and now they had rebelled! What father let's that happen?" Cal heaved

"The loving kind!" Grandpa insisted.
"We look everywhere in this village and they have not been seen!" Andi exclaimed still crying "Village people are beginning to talk!"

"Ignore their nonsense! This is your children and not theirs!" Grandpa
bellowed

"What can we do? What else have we not done?" Cal questioned

"The woods!" Grandpa exclaimed, Andi and Cal freezes. To Grandpa's mind he pray that the boys would remember his words. "Just remember" Grandpa whispered.

***
The boys drew closer to the glow. It maintains it's shape. They stop a few inches from it. They try to guess what it is. Then there was a scream and a grumble not far ahead.

Janson cleared his throat "Uhm what now?"
"The glow it's here, if its magic then those noises not too far may also be magic!" Jarson answered.
Another grumble came, Jarson swiftly bent and grabbed the glow and his brother's arm then ran straight. To Janson's surprise he was taken swiftly and he ran but not properly as he was figuring out where the noises came . With the flame swooshing in Jarson's hand shadows both trees' and humans' were cast as but alas as they ran Janson tripped and stumbled. Jarson's tight grip on his brother had cause a whiplash motion and he was also thrown backwards. The torch and glow both flew from his hands. The glow landing on Janson but the torch to the wood floor , which was wet and caused the fire to become little-then gone.

"OUCH!" Jarson screamed
"Jarson the glow its-its a coin!" Janson exclaimed
"What?!"
"Its a gold coin!" Janson's voice now loud
"A gold coin that glows?" Jarson asked
"MAGIC!" again the twins implied
"But the glow is gone." Janson said
"How so?" Jarson asked
"I don't know , its gone!" Janson replied
"Is it ordinary now? Well never mind! The torch we lost the torch." Jarson tried to turn things back

"Its magic again!" Janson held the coin up, Jarson saw it aglow , then Janson's hand also glowed. And behind Janson appeared another torch.

By this moment, Jarson lied across the woods' floor, his head is painful. Last he remembered he shouted 'Janson run!' and Janson did. Jarson held his head up and look around, then he heard a noise. He turn to see what it was. It was the shadow that had tried to grab Janson. It grumbled , stood and then turned to face him.
"You" it growled
"M-me?" Jarson huffed he stood up only to find his ankles tied.
"You had the coin! Where is that coin!" The shadow came close to the bundle of glowing fire it was a man, an older man.
"You have no honor!" came a voice beyond Jarson, the boy look to this fellow and saw a young man tied to a thin tree. "Is that bag not enough?" exclaimed the fellow. Jarson followed with gaze. There below the mad man, a bag of glowing coins.
"So much magic!" Jarson exhales
"Yes! So much-whatnow?" The fellow about to agree stopped and tried to understand
"Magic! Magic coins!" Jarson clapped
Then the mad man gruffed "Yes they're magic! They will give me anything I want!" mocking Jarson and the fellow.

"If so mad man let me go , those coins are yours in exchange for my freedom!" The fellow pleaded

"I won't fall for that again prince!" the mad man belowed. "This." He showed his hand to Jarson a cut fresh and deep "is because this man tried to take away the magic coins!"

Jarson gasp.

"Such lies! Little boy do not listen, yes I tried to take back what is mine, I was returning home when that mad man tricked me, took my horse and treasures I had with me, had I not fought once and had it not rain he could not have been victorious!" The fellow shot so sharply with displeasure "Treason!" He finished.

"Well now lad look at him tied to a tree, the magic coins helped me! Gave me strength and calls out to me to do my bidding because its no treason, it is right!" The mad man shook Jarson and forced this words to him "Now, give me the last coin then you are free."
"But I do not have it!" Jarson exclaimed
"Let the boy be, coward!" The fellow shouted
"Nay! Shut it both o' you !" The mad man threw Jarson on the ground and came near the fellow for a punch but failed he slipped and fell instead
"Drunkard!" Shouted the fellow
The mad man ignored this and went again for Jarson, "I saw you holding the coin! Then you move away but I caught you and you have the coin."

'Well bullocks ' Jarson thought 'this man thinks me and my brother is one boy'

"I'll let you have it child in any occasion but for your safety give him that coin and go home." Commanded the fellow

"Yes trickster go home, but first the coin!" Mad man exclaimed

Now all the while a face among the shadows watched. This face had an idea now he will wait till that mad man falls asleep if only the other boy could think same as he. 'Jarson think of it! A trick we once played, we can fool this man'
Now I have spoken of connections and how between twins it is the true magic, soon you will know why.

The mad man, drunk as he, falls slower and slower till he sleeps. Jarson was now tied to the same tree as the fellow.

"Why have you stopped talking?" Whispered the fellow
"Because I was thinking, a thought just blew in my head and now how I wish my other half is here with me."
"You are too young to have a half! And what was the thought?"
"Not that half! Magic!"
"What is your name?"
"Jarson, and yours?"
The fellow hesitated "Nicholas, I can understand your fondness of magic, you are but a boy."
"This wood is magic!"
"No child no. It is but a plant."

Jarson would indicate more had it not for the shadow they felt creep along the fire.
Nicholas tied to a tree can only widened his eye and let his jaw drop.
"There you are!" Jarson exclaimed as silently as he could nonetheless excited.
"I followed the glow of his torch and look!" He raised the coin , the ambers on the ground reflected and gave it glow. " I still have the magic coin!"

"Well look what I found!" Jarson nodded to the sleeping being "The mad man of the woods! And more magic coins!"

"This can not be!" Nicholas splurted, he look to Jarson the boy beside him then to Jarson the boy who is free. "Jarson" he said speaking to his side "I know I denied magic forgive me and don't play tricks with me please, now how is it that you are there and-- you are here?!"

Jarson look at Janson who smiled in return. They both knew that what they had in mind would work. And so Janson freed Nicholas and Jarson, then both told them their own bit of magic, their favorite trick.

"Now you understand?" Janson asked
"Yes but how can I tell you apart?" Nicholas could not help but smile
"Not important" said Jarson
The mad man started to stir.
"Now take your positions." Janson commanded.



© 2018 Ink


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on June 13, 2018
Last Updated on June 13, 2018
Tags: Fun, innocence


Author

Ink
Ink

About
I am new, not really a pro. I just want to write. more..

Writing
Truth be told Truth be told

A Poem by Ink


The Village The Village

A Chapter by Ink


Luck Luck

A Chapter by Ink