Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by RevolutionwithPaper

Katie will always be first and foremost Sam's girl. But at the same time they both have bonded over the years and she was family now. “Don’t break him”

She just gives him a startled and slightly hurt expression, as if she can't even imagine doing something like that. "I won’t hurt Sam" she argues with a little more venom than intended. He doesn’t much care. She needs to get angry, build a thicker skin and if there was any place that she would need it, it would be here, in this moment and in this life style.

"Right now you wouldn't, but Katie, you're being pulled in two different directions and right now you've got the balancing act down, but you won't always be this in control." She looks like she wants to argue but he raises his eyebrow and she stops before the words can form "You are a part of this little avant-garde family we have created, a part of you will always be here with us, I don’t doubt your dedication to us, but that does not mean that someday down the road you won’t be pushed too hard, a little too far and decide that you are not cut out for this”

"And even if you do decide that it is too much, know that you are always welcomed back. I just want to make sure that you know that I can understand both sides. Believe me I get it. But when you leave, you will break him, just make sure there are people to fix him. I can’t guarantee that he will ever love you like he did before, but I can promise that even if the isn’t in love with you romantically that he still loves you. He will never let that go. They will save you, if the time comes that you need saving”

She's so, so grateful for that. It seems stupid to her that she is the one that needs to be comforted now. Katie doesn't say anything for a long time as she begins to cry and takes Ryan' hand into hers. They're standing outside the house after having gone for a walk because Ryan insisted he wanted the fresh air. It hadn't been far, just around the block because any longer was just too much, but now Ryan has stopped and is saying goodbye.

"Thank you," she whispers and he pulls her into a hug, holding her while she cries. He only needs to let her know that she is free to make her own decisions. 



© 2012 RevolutionwithPaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

RevolutionwithPaper
RevolutionwithPaper

Providence, RI



About
Hi, my name is Paige, I am 15 years old and completely in love with reading and writing. I know that I am young and therefore my writing is rough, and sometimes scrambled, but I hope that I will get a.. more..

Writing