Chapter Two - The text could not be sent at this time.

Chapter Two - The text could not be sent at this time.

A Chapter by Natalie Mark
"

Adds two new characters BC and DA. Enjoy! Tension gets considerably amped up.

"
Chapter Two:
Note: Introducing two new characters! The first is named BC, another person in the hospital with NR. The second is DA, they are in the with MA, sort of. They will both be texting in this chapter. Enjoy!

November 6:
(NR 2:30 pm) "I fucked up."
(NR 2:31 pm) "I fucked up SO BADLY."
(NR 2:32 pm) "Jesus Christ I am a f*****g idiot."
(NR 2:34 pm) "F**K F**K F**K F**K I want to punch myself in the face."
(BC 2:37 pm) "STOP SWEARING"
(NR 2:39 pm) "NO I WILL NOT EVERY TIME I SWEAR AN ANGEL GETS IT'S WINGS."
(NR 2:41 pm) "I'm sorry I'm an idiot"
(BC 2:43 pm) "Yeah, you are, but you're also smart. You're a smart idiot."
(NR 2:45 pm) "I'm so smart that I'm an idiot. Why did it take me so long to realize that? Oh, right. Because I'm an idiot."
(BC 2:47 pm) "What did you do that's so bloody stupid?"
(NR 2:47 pm) "I unintentionally made friends with Moth Aybar. MOTH AYBAR."
(BC 2:49 pm) "I don't know who that is."
(NR 2:55 pm) "MOTH IS THE GIRL THAT I BULLIED IN MIDDLE SCHOOL"
(NR 2:57 pm) "SHES THE GIRL THAT I USED TO PICK ON FOR BEING HORSEFACED"
(NR 2:58 pm) "Not that she's horse faced. I just thought that when I was a little kid."
(NR 2:59 pm) "She's actually amazing and hilarious and I kind of have a crush on her because she's so wonderful and she can always cheer me up Jesus help me."
(NR 3:00 pm) "She never did a thing to me and I was always so mean to her. I thought it was okay to be mean to her because people were being mean to me."
(NR 3:03 pm) "I was so terrible to her... I hate myself everytime I think about it. Jesus, I am a dumbass. And all she's been for the last month is kind and sweet and kind and adorable, like she used to be back in grammar school."
(NR 3:05 pm) "I think I took that away from her when I bullied her. I think I destroyed her happiness and replaced it with self-hatred. She's never done anything wrong to me. I'm so sorry I did that to her. I feel like such a piece of s**t."
(BC 3:09 pm) "You know what I did today? I spelled my own name wrong. I spelled 'Blue' wrong, and you know how I feel right how? I feel like a sorry sack of s**t that can't spell my own name right. How am I supposed to spell my child's name right when I can't even spell my own damn name right?????"
(BC 3:11 pm) "We all have s**t hanging out of our butts, okay? Nobody's perfect. When was the last time you were mean to this girl?"
(NR 3:14 pm) "6th grade. I told her she'd never be beautiful. I told her she's always be stupid and gullible and ugly. I told her she looked like a moth. That was when she started calling herself Moth. I don't even remember her real name."
(NR 3:17 pm) "I want to kill myself but that won't do anything. How would my dead body fix what I've done to her? My self-pity isn't going to fix what I've done; I have to fix what I did. I've got to make it up to her somehow."
(BC 3:20 pm) "Well don't kill yourself, your heart monitor will go off and annoy the hell out of me. I'm not going to lie: that's horrible. This is a horrible situation you've been dumped into. Does she know that it's you?"
(NR 3:22 pm) "No, but she's probably figured it out by now."
(NR 3:23 pm) "She's smart, so smart, smarter than I ever gave her credit for"
(BC 3:37 pm) "Lie."
(NR 3:40 pm) "???"
(BC 3:42 pm) "LIE. Pretend to be someone else."
(NR 3:44 pm) "She would hate me even more if I lied to her and she found out."
(BC 3:45 pm) "So, don't let her find out."
(NR 3:46 pm) "That may work in crime shows, but not in real life."
(BC 3:47 pm) "What real life??? Life's probably just a big fantasy and we're all just like little space people on another planet or something. Live it up. YOLO."
(NR 3:49 pm) "I think YOLO is just an excuse for stupid people to do stupid things and get hurt. If you really have only one life, shouldn't you be living it for as long as possible?"
(BC 3:51 pm) "Stop diverting the conversation you emotionally constipated tatter tot. Lie if you want, I don't care."
(BC 3:55 pm) "By the way, everyone misses you. I wish you weren't in isolation."
(NR 3:57 pm) "Yeah, I know. The nurse told me a little while ago that I was lonely (what a lovely reminder). At least I have my phone. How's everything outside of my room?"
(BC 3:59 pm) "There's a whole new crop o' crazies out here just waiting for you. There's Leona, a rich water polo queen who can't stand to be away from her dogs; Amanda, who draws Tetris cubes on every literally SINGLE THING: Rachel, who narrates her thoughts OUT LOUD and refers to herself in the THIRD PERSON; Dominique, who is belligerent, and I, who am pregnant. I don't know how much longer I can stand this s**t."
(NR 4:01 pm) "Sounds like fun. I can hear you guys arguing from inside my room. You still 100%?"
(BC 4:02 pm) "Naw..."
(NR 4:04 pm) "the first letter of this sentence was purposefully de-capitalized to show how ashamed I am of you. No, seriously though, that's fine. The 100% Club is Overrated Anyway. They're all a bunch of foodie-overachievers."
(NR 4:10 pm) "I'm not going to lie to Moth."
(NR 4:12 pm) "And yes, in saying that again, I do realize that it sounds more like I am telling myself rather than I am you. Like some weird reassurance thing that I'm vaguely attempting."
(NR 4:15 pm) "I'm just stalling now..."
(NR 4:17 pm) "I really am an emotionally constipated tatter tot, aren't I?"
(BC 4:20 pm) "What the Hell you waiting for? Go ride out on your fricking white horse and get her!"


November 7:
(MA 7:46 pm) "Hey, can I ask your advice about something?"
(DA 8:14 pm) "Where are you? I haven't seen you in days!"
(MA 8:16 pm) "I'm out, just getting some things sorted. Can I ask your advice or not?"
(DA 8:21 pm) "I don't know... Do you really 'trust' me enough to ask me a question!?"
(MA 8:23 pm) "Never mind. I don't want to distract you from your busy schedule of yelling at people for no reason."
(DA 8:27 pm) "You know that's not what I meant. Just come back home, please."
(MA 8:30 pm) "Not until I get some respect."
(DA 8:32 pm) "You're a kid. You don't get respect until you've earned it."
(MA 8:33 pm) "How have I not earned it? How have I not done everything I possibly could to help our family in every possibly way I can? I have 2 jobs, and I still have to go to school. In case you forgot, I only get 4 hours of sleep every night because I'm trying to help."
(MA 8:40 pm) "I'm trying."
(MA 8:42 pm) "Mom, please! Just give me a little respect!"
(DA 8:46 pm) "You are still such a little kid. As soon as you have at least a C in all your classes, I'll give you what you deserve. Until then, you won't see an inch of respect from me."
(MA 8:47 pm) "Okay. Fine. Goodbye mental and physical health; hello good grades. Is that all I am to you? A letter?"
(MA 8:48 pm) "Will you be proud of me then?"
(DA 8:50 pm) "I'm not proud of you."
(MA 8:53 pm) "Not looking for your approval. I'm looking for my OWN approval of MYSELF. I just want a little respect, you know. Maybe just a little?"
(MA 9:14 pm) "Never mind. I'm fine."
(MA 9:15 pm) "I'm always fine."
(MA 1:46 am) "I love you."


November 9:
(NR 8:37 am) "Hey."
(NR 8:39 am) "Sorry I had to leave so abruptly before..."
(NR 8:41 am) "I was just getting some things sorted."
(NR 8:45 am) "How're you doing?" This text could not be sent at this time.
(NR 8:50 am) "I'm sorry." This text could not be sent at this time.
(NR 8:55 am) "Bye." This text could not be sent at this time.


November 20:
(NR 3:19 pm) "Whatcha doing for Thanksgiving?"
(MA 4:01 pm) "Eating and yelling at the TV with my parents. You?"
(NR 4:15 pm) "Mostly just eating. Why do you think we even have this holiday?"
(MA 4:23 pm) "I don't know, but it should be renamed, like, National Gain 5-Pounds Day".
(NR 4:31 pm) "I like it! It could be followed up with Failed Promises to Lose Weight Day."
(MA 4:35 pm) "Followed by Diabetes Day."
(NR 4:42 pm) "Am I a terrible person laughing at that???"
(MA 4:46 pm) "Yes, you are a sweet and terrible person. Like one of those sweet and sour candies that are really overpriced."
(NR 4:48 pm) "I ain't cheap."
(MA 4:51 pm) "Evidentially... *back away slowly while throwing pennies at you*"
(NR 4:55 pm) "What the hell?"
(MA 5:13 pm) "We cool?"
(NR 5:16 pm) "Were we ever not?"
(MA 5:18 pm) "I still don't know who you are."
(NR 5:21 pm) "Can we keep it that way for a little bit longer?"
(MA 5:24 pm) "Yeah, sure. :)"
(NR 5:26 pm) ":) :)"
(MA 5:28 pm) ":):):):):):):):):):):):)"
(NR 5:32 pm) "DO NOT CHALLENGE THE SMILEY QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!"
(NR 5:35 pm) ":):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)"
(MA 5:38 pm) "That is me right now."
(NR 5:41 pm) "Aw. :3"



November 21:
(MA 4:28 pm) "Hi."
(DA 4:32 pm) "No."
(MA 4:35 pm) "I've been lying to people. Saying that we have a really good mother-daughter relationship."
(MA 4:37 pm) "I don't want it to be a lie."
(MA 4:40 pm) "I love you." This text could not be sent at this time.
(MA 4: pm) "Okay, bye."


© 2014 Natalie Mark


Author's Note

Natalie Mark
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOA TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR AN EMOTIONAL EXPLOSION.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on March 1, 2014
Last Updated on March 1, 2014
Tags: Romance, drama, family, hospital, friendship, love, funny, sad, happy


Author

Natalie Mark
Natalie Mark

Cambria



About
15. Emotionally damaged by fiction. more..

Writing