Chapter Three- A L O N E

Chapter Three- A L O N E

A Chapter by Natalie Mark
"

Sad. Just sad. But don't worry! It'll get sadder! Muahahahahahahahaha

"
Chapter Three:
Note: Little bit of a cliffhanger last time... OOOOOOOOOOOh.

November 29:
(MA 2:46 am) "I can't sleep. Want to tell funny stories to each other?"
(NR 2:51 am) "I can't sleep either. Sure."
(MA 2:57 am) "I'll go first. Once, when I was a little kid (like 8 or something), I got lost in the woods for a whole entire day and had to sleep in a tree. By the time they found me about 24-hours later, I was completely acclimated to living in the forest; eating what I could find, making fires and a hut, and bathing in a stream. Ever since then, I've kind of wanted to go back and live in the forest. It was so much fun."
(NR 3:01 am) "That's so cool!"
(MA 3:03 am) "No, that's weird. That's weird, isn't it? Abnormal..."
(NR 3:05 am) "No! Extraordinary! You are extraordinary! My turn: Freshman year, Crazy Christoph the Super Senior took me too a party because he thought I was cool, and locked me in a closet because I was tired and he didn't want me to ruin the party. I was in their for so long that I fell asleep, and when I finally woke up, I was crammed inside a cabinet drawer! It had underwear in it! I was sleeping in an underwear drawer!"
(MA 3:10 am) "You make me smile."
(NR 3:13 am) "Thanks."
(MA 3:16 am) "I'm going to go to bed now."
(NR 3:19 am) "Night. :)"

November 30:
(NR 9:45 pm) "What's all that noise!??? It sounds like you guys are fighting."
(BC 9:51 pm) "My lazy a*s little cucumber of a roommate won't stop yelling at me for having the Tv turned up too loud; so naturally I turned it up louder and then she turned hers up louder and now Margery is yelling at both of us."
(NR 9:54 pm) "Wow I hate Margery she's such an a-hole."
(BC 10:10 pm) "Bad news: She took my phone to see who I was texting and saw the texts you sent and now she's going over to your room to yell at you. But don't worry; I got my phone back."
(BC 10:11 pm) "Good luck."
(NR 10:12 pm) "Your level of concern is touching."
(NR 10:13 pm) "S**t here she is"
(BC 10:15 pm) "No phone for you!"


December 1:
(MA 5:18 pm) "Hey, are you there?"
(MA 5:19 pm) "Is everything okay? Are you okay?"
(MA 5:21 pm) "I hope everything's okay with you."
(MA 8:46 pm) "Kind of starting to get worried."
(MA 8:58 pm) "Say something, I'm giving up on you."
(MA 8:59 pm) "I'll be the one, if you want me too."
(MA 9:01 pm) "Anywhere, I would've followed you."
(MA 9:02 pm) "Say something, I'm giving up on you."
(MA 9:04 pm) "That's from that sad song, "Say Something"."
(MA 9:07 pm) ":)"



December 3:
(NR 9:32 am) "Something. Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you I got my phone taken away but it's back now hella yes. This mean nurse took it from me but she gave it back because she's a romantic or something like that who believe in true love, I don't know."
(MA 9:34 am) "I was really worried about you. Is everything okay?"
(NR 9:35 am) "Sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I honestly didn't think you would notice."
(MA 9:36 am) "Now you're just insulting me. How heartless do you think I am?"
(MA 9:37 am) "Not heartless " wise."
(NR 9:39 am) "What do you mean?"
(MA 9:41 am) "You're amazing." This text could not be sent at this time because there are no bars in your area.
(NR 9:43 am) "Ugrubug. What's that old expression, "Don't cry over spilled milk?" I'm milk."
(MA 9:46 am) "You're not milk. You're the cow."
(MA 9:48 am) "That sounds bad." This text could not be sent at this time because there are no bars in your area.
(MA 9:51 am) 'What I mean to say is that you're not a little thing like a singularity. You're a big thing like a galaxy, or the universe."
(NR 9:53 am) "Yeah, well the universe is cracked."
(MA 9:56 am) "You know what I mean to say. You're everything. You're a wide expanse of star dust, planets, raspberry flavored alcohol clouds, and supernovas. And you're so much more deeper and complex than anyone could ever imagine " even me."
(MA 11:01 am) "My universe." This text could not be sent at this time because there are no bars in your area.
(MA 11:03 am) "Extremely annoying cell service right now." This text could not be sent at this time because there are no bars in your area.
(MA 11:45 am) "Now I have service again."
(NR 11:48 am) "Good. I missed you."
(NR 11:53 am) "You're like the only thing holding me together right now."
(NR 11:56 am) "The glue in my cracks."
(NR 12:00 am) "That sounds wrong, but you get the point."
(MA 12:04 am) "I do."
(NR 12:06 am) "I'm just having a hard time in general lately."
(MA 12:08 am) "Thank you."
(NR 12:09 am) "No, thank you."

December 8:
(DA 3:46 pm) "Playing on coming home for Christmas?"
(MA 3:52 pm) "Not unless you decorate the house with a bit of common sense."
(DA 3:57 pm) "Looked on your grades this morning. All C's."
(MA 3:59 pm) "Yes, damn my need for sleep!"
(DA 4:02 pm) "I don't understand " are you punishing me with this? Do you think I'm wounded by your failures?"
(MA 4:05 pm) "I think that you live out your dead childhood hopes through me, which is sad. I think that you shouldn't have told me that I was naturally a genius, because you filled my head with all these arrogant thoughts and dreams, and you gave me this inappropriately large sense of grandeur which made me think I was better than everyone. I think you lied to me."
(DA 4:08 pm) "I did lie to you. That's what parents do! They lie to their kids! They fill their heads with impossible s**t so they think they're better than everyone else. What was I supposed to have told you?"
(MA 4:12 pm) "The truth."
(DA 4:15 pm) "Oh, that's rich. Well here it is: you have a disorder, Moth."
(MA 4:17 pm) "Keyword there is *have. I have a disorder. It's one small part of me; one little crack. It's not all of me. It's a part of me."
(DA 4:21 pm) "At least tell me where you're staying."
(MA 4:23 pm) "Friends."
(DA 4:25 pm) "Friends? You don't have friends, you said so yourself."
(DA 4:28 pm) "You're alone. Come back home and stop being alone."
(MA 4:31 pm) "I'm not alone."
(DA 4:35 pm) "Denial isn't going to make you any less alone."
(MA 4:36 pm) "I. am. not. alone."
(DA 4:39 pm) "You should be."
(DA 4:41 pm) "I didn't mean that."
(DA 4:45 pm) "Honey?"
(DA 4:48 pm) "You know how I hate arguing with you."
(DA 4:51 pm) "I love you."
(MA 4:56 pm) "You want to know what I think? MOM. I. Think. That. You. Are. Alone."


© 2014 Natalie Mark


Author's Note

Natalie Mark
CLIFFHANGER! I just love to leave you guys dangling for more! :) Please comment, review, suggest, react, or criticize! I'd love to hear what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: Sadness, romance, family, drama, friendship, texting, funny, humor, hospital, love


Author

Natalie Mark
Natalie Mark

Cambria



About
15. Emotionally damaged by fiction. more..

Writing