The Sea and Me...

The Sea and Me...

A Poem by Rain
"

The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace..

"

 

My favorite time to look at you is past midnight...alone. When the wind blows in off your unending motion. It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat. I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time.
Have I ? Did we dance along your shore ? Did we love..and then love no more ?
 
No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real.
 
Why do I come to you for peace ? Why do I seek you when I am lonely, but also when my heart beats with love ? I stand at your shore, and feel possessed by you. I feel a shield protecting me in the mist from your edge. I find wisdom in your mystery. I do feel as if I am near an ancient love. Were you my lover...perhaps the womb of my mother ?
 
 
It's as if the memory of our love is sacred , and shall always exist. You draw me to you. You whisper " It is ok." I am mesmerized by your beauty..so deep and unknown. I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truly understand.

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this 3 times and i still feel the need to read it again. It made me feel the sand under my feet and brought the unique salty smell of the sea. I love her, although i fear her. I wish i could swim, deep down in her depths and discover her closerly. I love your poem....."I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truely understand." wonderful



Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just lovely. I found myself thinking that perhaps you were a sailor in a previous life - the feelings you describe for the sea are much like they might speak. What wonderful depth of emotion you have expressed here. Truly delightful. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

i think this is one of my favorite romantic pieces i have read yet here on WC. it is so well written and I think the font is beautiful like an old traditional hand written love letter. I actually used the same font for a piece I tried to write like that once. The idea of love being from the before and love being for now... so authentic, so synchronistic. just a lovely write overall.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A Beautiful piece, always great imagery. The writing was a little hard to read but it fits the piece well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A very beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is really nice..and soothing to the soul.....

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I have to agree with Outlaw this piece leaves you thinking in deep about love past and about inside feelings and the imagery well bestowed. I love this write very well penned RAIN.

Keep them coming Bro...

Dostani

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

its a good piece. Im glad the sea gives you peace. Im sure the sea will give me peace too :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes. It's an absolutely Poem. Wow! Just wow! It's lovely and deep and romantic.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I've always thought of the ocean as a scary thing that could swallow me up with one tidal wave. Now I can see it through your eyes, and feel the insignifigance of one little person on the shore, along with the timeless rhythm of the waves.............a beautiful write, as usual, Rain.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ah, the Sea. She can seduce you like a lover, into her azure arms but -- beware -- she can also cast you off
into the jagged rocks of her shallows...

I enjoyed this very much, Rain...you never disappoint. I like the style you've been using lately, and I always appreciate the pretty font. It works well here. Very nice!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2706 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain