The Sea and Me...

The Sea and Me...

A Poem by Rain
"

The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace..

"

 

My favorite time to look at you is past midnight...alone. When the wind blows in off your unending motion. It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat. I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time.
Have I ? Did we dance along your shore ? Did we love..and then love no more ?
 
No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real.
 
Why do I come to you for peace ? Why do I seek you when I am lonely, but also when my heart beats with love ? I stand at your shore, and feel possessed by you. I feel a shield protecting me in the mist from your edge. I find wisdom in your mystery. I do feel as if I am near an ancient love. Were you my lover...perhaps the womb of my mother ?
 
 
It's as if the memory of our love is sacred , and shall always exist. You draw me to you. You whisper " It is ok." I am mesmerized by your beauty..so deep and unknown. I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truly understand.

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this 3 times and i still feel the need to read it again. It made me feel the sand under my feet and brought the unique salty smell of the sea. I love her, although i fear her. I wish i could swim, deep down in her depths and discover her closerly. I love your poem....."I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truely understand." wonderful



Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

One of my first views of California, after a limo ride from the airport, was to Ocean Beach...at about 2 in the morning! I'll never forget the awe that came over me, for the ocean was truly mesmerizing to watch! It is indeed a mystery, but can also provide a lulling effect that is as peaceful and serene as nothing I've ever experienced. This poem captures that so well!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Often things that have peacefulness inside draw us in as we search for peace inside ourselves This expresses that beautifully. I wonder why it is that we always refer to a her when speaking of things with
depth, and power. LOL. Great love and Compassion see the wealth of feeling in those who share similar traites in others around them so maybe what you think of as a past love is simply the footprints of a great
love
Hugs Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is the calling of the earth womb. Life flowed and flows from the sea. She is a beauty (chaotic and peaceful) that is hard to turn from. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I am with you. I love the vastness of the ocean and the majesty it presents. I am lost when we go to San Diego. All I want to do is sit by the seaside or walk up and down the shoreline letting the water wash over my feet, searching for sea shells. It literally takes me away. I have a girlfriend that lives there, and get this: She never goes to the ocean. She simply takes it for granted. When you have a moment, read my piece, "Ode to the Ocean." I think I pretty much wrapped out how I feel about it in that piece. Well done....well done, Rain!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You've captured the ungraspable intangible love in its fearsome mystery. "I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time." Rather well put, the feeling of knowing someone as if the two of you were old childhood friends. Unbound by time itself.

Beautiful prose.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One of my childhood dreams was to build a house by the sea and spend my entire life there - playing in the water, building sand castles and watching the waves.
I have abandoned that dream for practical reasons but this piece took me back to it.

Thanks for that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good write; I like how you address the sea throughout, and how thoughtful and wondering the tone of this piece is. The font was slightly tricky to read, but at the same time it matches the subject matter and helps this work stand out from your others.
Some interesting questions and possibilities posed here by your speculation.

I enjoyed this.
Thanks for sharing it with me.

p.s.
"I will never truely" = "truly"

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
Great. I love the ocean, but your write is unique, insightful, 'right on'.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely adore this piece! The sea is a love of mine as well, and I can completely relate your feelings that you have described. The narration is illustrated so well that I feel as if I am by the sea breathing in the salt air. This is most definitely one of my many favorites of yours! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is just wonderful, the obvious joy and love, the fact its feels like a homecoming,
like me the sea is the one place I am at peace, calm and feeling at one with the world,
such senses stirred.................

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2709 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain