The Sea and Me...

The Sea and Me...

A Poem by Rain
"

The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace..

"

 

My favorite time to look at you is past midnight...alone. When the wind blows in off your unending motion. It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat. I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time.
Have I ? Did we dance along your shore ? Did we love..and then love no more ?
 
No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real.
 
Why do I come to you for peace ? Why do I seek you when I am lonely, but also when my heart beats with love ? I stand at your shore, and feel possessed by you. I feel a shield protecting me in the mist from your edge. I find wisdom in your mystery. I do feel as if I am near an ancient love. Were you my lover...perhaps the womb of my mother ?
 
 
It's as if the memory of our love is sacred , and shall always exist. You draw me to you. You whisper " It is ok." I am mesmerized by your beauty..so deep and unknown. I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truly understand.

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this 3 times and i still feel the need to read it again. It made me feel the sand under my feet and brought the unique salty smell of the sea. I love her, although i fear her. I wish i could swim, deep down in her depths and discover her closerly. I love your poem....."I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truely understand." wonderful



Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful. I love the ocean and sea. I miss looking out across her ends mystery. I think you have captured that feeling that I have every time I get close and can smell that sea air. You are a hopeless romantic my friend and you show that here so perfectly. Here is a little piece I wrote a while back.

Storm clouds gather in the east chasing away the sunshine
Hearing the thunder roll along this deserted shore line
Letting go of all that I know as reality
Drinking in the cool sea breeze
Sweeping off the ocean from somewhere
I wish I could be

Listening to the tide slowly move in
Gently wiping the sand clean
Removing the foot prints and sand castles
Left by her visiting fans
Not a living soul has ever seen her true beauty
The way I see her right now
Sun settling in for a long overdue sleep
Moonbeams dance carelessly
In the ripples left by rain drops
Upon her gentle waves

As I listen to the distant storm
Play music with the wind
Crashing thunder and the melody
Of waves flowing in and back out again
Realizing that nature plays its own beats
The music of her soul is enough
To write a thousand symphonies


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.



Intoxicating and wonderfully delivered!
You've captured the spellbound affects nature, with it's enchanting mystery, can have on us mere humans.

Fab stuff!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is beautiful, eloquent and romantic writing. I am so landlocked that while I love the sea I also fear it, but this is prose poetry to float away on.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Another thought provoking read, the sea makes me feel different, I don't get to see it often enough.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

First of all I agree with what you have said in your quote "The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace.." there is just something about the endlessness and the eternalness of the ocean that can bring something to even someone with out religion or spirituality, it brings a sense of purpose or even belonging�well for me anyway.

I will admit I did find the font a little hard to decipher and distracting although I do think it suits the poem well. I very much liked the line 'It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat.' Your descriptions are very vivid and I almost feel like I am standing on a cliff, looking out on the azure, breathing in the salt air, listening to the rhythm of this majestic nature. This is very well crafted and explicitly thought-out, I can only presume that you wrote this at the beach other wise you have an imagination I am envious of.

"No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real."

One thing I really loved about this was it made me realise just how strange it is to be able to find comfort and even love in something so vast when being human we tend to learn towards the smaller comforts, home and family and find larger things, fame and fortune somewhat daunting or scary.

And I dearly loved the way you have ended the piece with a what for an answer but the satisfaction of not knowing, as thought just being with the sea and looking out on its beauty gave you all the knowledge you needed.

Great write, you really captured me and I really enjoyed it. This was wonderful.


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I truly loved this piece. For I have written so many poems about the vast wonders of the sea, myself. What a magical write, my friend!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful picture painted across the canvess of my mind with your words. A great write!


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It was very good i loved the style of text it really added to poems.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Brillantly done. I completely agree with you - I do feel the same way when I am standing in the sand overlooking the vastness, the complete mystery of the ocean and all of it's secrets.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I so relate. The sea gives me so many emotions. I've been drug from the bottom after losing a surf board and nearly drowning. I've spent long hours studying the Atlantic, the Pacific, and the Gulf. I've been in the surf in a hurricane. I've watched a helicopter crash into the sea. I've felt the most intense lonliness and rejection kneeling on the sand near the sea. All these things come back to me from reading this piece.

Thank you for sharing a wonderfully written piece.
papaed

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2707 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain


Terror Terror

A Story by Rain