Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Time to learn some more about,Steven,and what it is that brought about his unfortunate life.

"
Steven Wilcox was an ordinary guy with an ordinary problem.He suffered from night terrors and nightmares ,experiencing them every single day.Ever since he could remember,Steven had suffered from them.But recently, as he has been attending intense psychology sessions, Steven's nightmares have increased dramatically.They have grown in number and become more gruesome.All of the nightmares take place in Silent Hill.At first, the nightmares were nothing more than simple dreams.But, as Steven attended more sessions with his psychologist, the dreams became nightmares.Always the same.
Steven was born in Brahams, a town not too far from Silent Hill.He had been brought up entirely in that town but moved away without warning.Something bad had happened, forcing Steven to flee from his home.He ran away and never looked back, deciding to move to New York City.It wasn't an easy decision for him since it meant leaving everything behind, but it was something that needed to be done. All of his friends, all of his family, even his pet dog, were all left behind so he could move on.When his parents went to go and find him one day, they soon realized he was gone.No note, no messages, nothing.Just gone.
Also to note, Steven was a white male in his late twenties.He was 6 foot tall, had medium build, blonde hair, and even a few tattoos.Each tattoo had a story behind them.Some of them were more meaningful while others were not.There was even a cheeky one of 'MUM', tattooed on his right butt cheek. Steven always loved his mother so he got the word tattooed on his butt to have a permanent reminder of her.And yes, when women saw the tattoo on his butt, they pointed it out and laughed.That meant little to Steven.His love for his mother was far more important than what they thought.
Over the last few months, with the assistance of his psychologist, Steven had begun to remember small details of what had happened to him in Brahams.It wasn't enough to piece together the entire puzzle but it was sufficient enough to know that something bad had taken place.One that scarred, Steven, forever.What ever it was, left an everlasting effect on him.Those kind of memories are always the hardest to get over and it doesn't matter what age you are, they will still leave a mark on you.The darker the event, the nastier the imprint.
So, later that same day of the nightmare occurring, Steven decided that he needed to go to his psychologist and share it.When he got there, Doctor Walters  was already waiting. She was absolutely stunning to look at.That didn't interfere in their sessions however.The two of them looked passed physical attraction.
"Hello Steven,"Smiled Dr Walters."how have you been?"
Steven walked over to the couch and sat down.It was obvious that he was becoming sleep deprived,Dr Walters could see it on his face.
"Hey Doc..."
"Is something the matter?"
"I had another nightmare."
"What about this time?"
"I woke up at the end of a pier without any clue as to how I got there.From there, things got worse."

"How so?"
"I followed a path up to a road but it had collapsed inside of a chasm.Then, when I managed to find another way to the road, I had to change my course.This time it led me to a place called, Silent Hill."
"You quite often end up there in your nightmares.Do you have any links to the town?"
"No...none that I know of."
"Okay.Go on."
"Well, when I arrived at the tunnel that leads onto Nathan Avenue, it was pitch black."
"And?"
"I went into the tunnel and found a flashlight.Everything was fine until a stream of black slime sealed off the entrance to the tunnel, completely blocking off my escape.Then, the sound a code blue makes in a hospital, rung throughout the tunnel."
"What happens next?"
"A creature appears."
"A creature?"
"It had no head and no skin, and its arms were pinned to its chest."
"Have you been watching any horror movies lately?"
"No."
"Have you participated in anything that would associate with horror themes?"
"I haven't done anything!"
"Okay Steven, calm down."
"Sorry...I'm just really tired."
"I can imagine."
"What do you think the nightmares mean?"
"To me they sound like repressed memories.Something might have happened in your past that is causing these horrific images to manifest themselves."
"Like what?"
"I can not answer that."
"Of course not."
"I'm going to suggest something and I want you to hear me out,okay?"
"Sure."
"Maybe you need to return home to resolve some of these disturbances.There may be something you are running from, or someone."
"Return to Brahams?"
"Yes."
"But my dreams are in Silent Hill, not Brahams."
"Our past can influence the present.Because Silent Hill is near your hometown, the two could be linked."
"You're not seriously suggesting I go back to that...that cursed town!?"
"I'm only making a suggestion.It may help you in someway."
"Fine!I'll return home to...my parents.But know that if anything bad happens, it's on you!"
Steven stood up and left the room in a fit of rage.He had never felt anger like that before.Maybe Dr Walters was right, maybe something bad had happened.
"What the hell does she know?!"Grumbled Steven, stomping his feet as he walked.
Dr Walters suggestion seemed to have hit a sore spot for Steven.The whole walk home was a long one for him,giving Steven a bit of time to think.Eventually he came to the conclusion that returning home might do him some good, especially the way it had ended.Steven and his family hadn't ended on good terms.That might be the cause for all the nightmares..
Steven returned home and immediately went to the landline phone.He hesitated at first, but plucked up the courage to ring his parents.The dial tone was the longest noise he had ever heard even though it really wasn't. After a few seconds,Steven got a fright.Someone had answered the phone.It was Martha Wilcox,Steven's mother.
"Hello?"Asked a females voice."May I ask who it is?"

Although he had some idea of what he was going to say, Steven couldn't bring himself to speak.He was petrified.
"Is anyone there?Can I help you in someway?"
"H...hi..."
"Hello?Who is this?"
Steven didn't quite gather his head and instead of speaking normally, he mumbled something unintelligible.
"I'm sorry, I don't know what you just said."
"Mum.It's me, Steven."
"Is this some kind of joke?"
"No. It's really me."
"If this is a joke, it isn't very funny."
"Mum!It's me!"
In utter confusion,Martha began to ramble on about things that had happened in his absence.
"Steven?!It's so good to hear from you!"
"You too."
"It seems like it's been years since I saw you last.How have you been?!Are you taking care of yourself?!"
"Mum."
"What have you been doing since I last saw you?!Have you met anyone special?Am I a grandmother yet?"
"Cool it!"
"Sorry.It's just been such a long time since I've seen you."
"I know and it has been since I saw you last, too."

"So, tell me more about your life."

"To answer your first question, I now work at a major technology development company.Because it's 2018, the company is quite successful."

"Sounds like your career is set."

"As for your second question, yes.I did meet someone..."

"Oh joy!Who is she?"

"She was my fiance.Unfortunately, something happened which broke us up."

"Did you cheat on her?"

"What?No!Why would you even...never mind."

"What happened?"

"I don't really want to talk about it over the phone."

"Just tell me."

"No!Not over the phone."

"Okay.So what else have you been doing with yourself?"

The questions were a bit too much for,Steven.It was clear that something bad had happened between him and his fiance, he just didn't want to think about it all over again.

"I've traveled the globe.Been all over the place in fact."

"China?"

"Yes."

"Tell me.Do they always eat noodles?"

"No."

"What a shame."

"Whilst on my travels, I met beautiful women,saw amazing locations, and experienced some of the most bazaar rituals you could ever imagine."

"What about grandchildren?"

"Huh?"

"Have you had any kids?"

"No."

"What a shame."

"I guess life isn't ready for me to have kids yet."

"Your time will come."

"Listen mum, there is a reason I rung you."

"I almost forgot to tell you.Your cousin is getting married in a month or so.Oh, and your old friend, Tyler, he is engaged now.And as for your old girlfriends, they have all moved away to get better lives for themselves."

"Wow.Not really what I..."

"Your father is doing well."

"Okay."

"He is suffering from Dementia. Allen has his good days and his bad, but you know."

"Sounds rough."

"It has been."

The phone crackled and a deep voice replaced Martha's.It was Allen Wilcox, Steven's father.

"Who is this?!"

Steven and his father had never gotten along so it made the situation very sensitive.Allen's take on life is that men shouldn't stand around talking, only women did that.If a man wanted to stand around and talk, maybe they should find female friends instead of male.This touched a nerve for Steven.

"Well, who is it?!"

Yet again, Steven chose to remain silent.He was too afraid to talk to his own father.

"I guess you mustn't be much of  man if you can't even respond!Probably some rainbow lover."

Just as he remembered.Steven instantly knew that his father hadn't changed after all that time.If anything, the Dementia had made him worse.

"Why ring someone and run up a bill if you're not even going to talk!?"

As Steven was about to say something, Martha grabbed the phone again.

"Sorry about that...your father has his moments."

"I can tell."

"Did I tell you about your brother?"

"What about him?"

"He's missing."

"Missing?Since when?"

"Chris disappeared a while ago.He up and left one day, mumbling that he had to repent for something he had done. That he had to find a way to be forgiven."

"Forgiven for what?"

"He wouldn't say.Only that he needed to be forgiven."

Steven was taken back by the news.His brother had always been so strong minded and willed.Surely, even if something bad had happened with Chris, it couldn't be that bad.Nonetheless, he was gone.Nobody knew where.

"Mum."Sighed Steven,bracing himself for what he was about to ask.

"Yes dear?"

"Look. I've been seeing a psychologist who is helping me with these nasty nightmares.She recommended I go home, hoping it might help me."

"Okay?"

"Would it be okay if I came and stayed with you for a few days?At least until I can get things sorted."

"Sure!I'd love to see you again."

"Awesome.I'll catch a bus as soon as possible.So, I should be back as soon as the day after tomorrow."

"Cool.I look forward to it."

"Me too."

"Yay!"

Although he was happy for his mother, Steven wasn't as excited as her.He hadn't seen his family in such a long time, especially his father.There was no telling how things would go for him.But the minute the phone call ended, Steven immediately started booking and planning his trip.However, what he didn't know is that things were about to get worse for him.Much worse.


© 2018 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
This content will contain graphic and often frightening material.I hold no responsibility for any offense or hurt experienced by individuals.Read at own risk

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
Added on August 16, 2018
Last Updated on August 21, 2018
Tags: Silent Hill, scary, horror, monsters, demons, nightmares, creatures


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay