Chapter Two: The Lone Voice

Chapter Two: The Lone Voice

A Chapter by Isabelle Howard

The gray house was sparsely furnished-just a table and a cold, gray stone bench. Terri sighs. "No food? No inhabitant? Nothing..." 
A giggle. A giggle is what Terri thought she heard. For a second, she considers running away. "Probably the heat. Giving me the crazies!" She laughs, maniacally. She walks down the narrow staircase into the basement, to find nothing but a couch and a fireplace. "Great. Something to keep me warm in the desert." 
A snicker was what she heard next. A snicker followed by words. "You've got attitude. I like you." Terri freezes. It was a strange voice- a voice that made it impossible to tell if it came from a male or a female. "W-w-who's there?" She says, softly. Her earrings jingle as a breeze flows through the room. The Voice laughs. "I'm nobody. I'm everybody. I'm nothing. I'm everything." It pauses. "I'm your best friend. I'm your worst nightmare. Get the picture?" "Why am I here?" It laughed again. It seemed to laugh a lot. It was a strange laugh, neither cold nor jolly. "Nobody ever knows why they come here. Nobody usually leaves." "Usually?" The voice turns cold. "That isn't important!" Terri sighs. "Hey, mysterious voice, do you happen to have any food?" The voice laughs, this time icy. "Terri, the food only comes at night."


© 2014 Isabelle Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014


Author

Isabelle Howard
Isabelle Howard

Pierrfonds, Canada



About
Hello world! I'm Isabelle-or Redbird5241-and I LOVE LOVE LOVE writing, reading, and owls. I am OBSESSED with the color turqoise, and want to plaster the drned color EVERYWHERE. So now you know you've.. more..

Writing