Chapter Four: Unexpected Meals

Chapter Four: Unexpected Meals

A Chapter by Isabelle Howard

It was surprisingly easy to put on the armor. The breastplate was a little rusted and had a small dent, but otherwise, it was fine. She puts her head through the small hole, following the Voice's commands. "Now, use the straps to secure it onto your sides." There were small slits all down the side; leather straps and small, thin buckles were what kept the two pieces together. She fastens all of one side, and then does the other.  "The others took hours and hours to figure out how to fasten the armor." It sounded curios, and a little amazed. "It's almost like you've done it before." The pain of the memory stabbing into her head brought Terri to her knees. She was in a cavernous room, all made out of a slick white rock. She was there, laughing, next to another girl. Terri was lacing up the girl's armor. "I feel guilty to be laughing. I feel guilty to be.....feeling happiness at all." The other girl says, when the giggles die down. She had frizzy red hair, and warm brown eyes. Terri smiles. "Sometimes, during a war, you need to laugh." She returns to real life, returns to the gray house and the voice. She gulps, sweating. "I have." She stands up, and laces up her kneepads. Pulling on her helmet, she stares at the weapons. "Well? Pick them up!" The voice prompts. She picks up the sword. It was unnaturally heavy in her hands. "Terrible balance," She says automatically, not knowing where knowledge of swords came from. She slings the quiver over her shoulder, in a way that felt almost natural. Her sneakers make an interesting noise on the stairs now, with the weight of the armor. They sounded almost.......confident. The voice giggles with glee. "The sun's set already! Look out the window, Terri, at your meal."

Terri almost gags.

Outside were.....

monsters.



© 2014 Isabelle Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 4, 2014


Author

Isabelle Howard
Isabelle Howard

Pierrfonds, Canada



About
Hello world! I'm Isabelle-or Redbird5241-and I LOVE LOVE LOVE writing, reading, and owls. I am OBSESSED with the color turqoise, and want to plaster the drned color EVERYWHERE. So now you know you've.. more..

Writing