Chapter Three: The Hole In The Floor

Chapter Three: The Hole In The Floor

A Chapter by Isabelle Howard

Terri feels a chill go down her spine. "How do you know my name?" The Voice laughs. "You'll find that I know more about you than you know about yourself." "Y'know, you're really creepy." "Terri, life for you is about to get even creepier then me." Terri walks up the stairs, her sneakers making a click-clack sound against the stone. She glances out the window. She guessed it was about four o'clock, almost sunset. "So, what do you mean, the food comes at night?" The voice snickers. "I mean, if you're going to eat, then you have to wait until night-time." "But WHY?" "Because the things you can hunt, only come out at night." Terri wasn't sure why, but the prospect of having to hunt something scared her. But then again, food...... "What am I going to hunt with?" The voice laughs. "That's my girl, Terri." "I am NOT yours!" She yells, surprised by the loudness of the echo. The voice's voice was cold. "I suggest you look very, very hard in the basement." She felt a whoosh, and she followed the slight breeze that had drifted back down the stairs. "Here," The voice says, and she follows it. "Whoa. That wasn't there before." And it hadn't. A small lever was on the wall. "You're right. I made it appear." It sounded like it was smiling. "Flip it." Terri reaches out, and hesitates. What if it's a trick? She thinks, but then decides, at least if she dies, then she will be safe. She flips it, and a piece of the floor moves with a mechanic clunk. Under it was a small cardboard box. Inside the cardboard box, was what looked like armor. Old-fashioned iron armor, a bow, a quiver, and a sword. "Made the quiver myself. It magically refills with arrows when you run out." "Well THAT'S powerful." The voice laughs. "The point of this, see, is to give you power-and watch you fail to harness it." It goes on like it didn't just say the creepiest thing ever. " Now unpack it, put on the armor, and get ready. The sun's setting."


© 2014 Isabelle Howard


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014


Author

Isabelle Howard
Isabelle Howard

Pierrfonds, Canada



About
Hello world! I'm Isabelle-or Redbird5241-and I LOVE LOVE LOVE writing, reading, and owls. I am OBSESSED with the color turqoise, and want to plaster the drned color EVERYWHERE. So now you know you've.. more..

Writing