Sector 247-Chapter 3

Sector 247-Chapter 3

A Chapter by Caleb Robinson
"

The world has changed. The American government has crashed, and in it's place are 300 small sectors. All have different laws, all have different leaders, all are corrupt

"
        Xander managed to his the floor before the glass shattered. The glass exploded into thousands of pieces, flying everywhere. A cried out in pain as a shard about 3 inches long sank into his shoulder. Across the room, he caught a glimpse of Tilia diving behind a table. Mrs. Middle was not as fast.
       After a few seconds, Xander risked getting to his knees. He clenched his jaws as the glass moved from the movement. He glanced over at Tilia; she had just come out of her hiding place. He looked to Mrs. Middle, she was propped up against a wall, short soaked with blood. Xander began to crawl over to her, every effort excruciating. He was half way there when Tilia realized her grandmother (and only family) was almost dead. Xander finally managed to make his way there.
        "Tilia!" Mrs. Middle rasped. "Go to the place where we hide our valueables. There is a false bottom." She coughed, blood coming out of her mouth. She continued, "Open it up, there is a small hard-drive, get it!"
        Tilia ran to retrieve it, eyes streaming with tears.
       "Xander," she said, "you must take it to the Renderer's they will show you the content. But trust no one," she coughed again. "Above all, protect Tilia!" then nothing. Her whole face relaxed, she seemed so much at peace having said her final words.

       Tilia camed running back, the hard-rive in hand. She looked down at he grandmother. She was dead. Tilia burst suddenly into tears. She cradled her grandmother's head.
      "AH!" Xander cried, the pain returning with a vengeance.
      Tilia realized she had to do something. She looked at Xander;s back.
      "This is going to hurt," she said, still with tears in his eyes.
      She then yanked the glass from his shoulder. Xander cried out with pain and almost fainted. But he managed to stay awake.
      "We have to get out of here," he said. "Get all the money from the hatch, we need to run. Whoever shot your grandmother will be coming to make sure they finished the job."
     Tilia got up and quickly retrieved the things. She also quickly bandaged up his wound. Xander found that with the pain medicine, it didn't hurt in his shoulder as much. He stood up, and together they walked to the door. He opened it, then looked out into the alley. 4 men where walking toward their building. Xander quickly shut the door and locked it, "The window," he said.
    Tilia went first, climbing carefully down the ledge. Sector 247 was built on a vast network of hills, so what was first floor on one side of the house, could very well be third floor. This was the case with Tilia's house. She began to slowly make her way down, it was hard going. Half way down, the was a loud banging on the door.
     "Hurry!" Xander urged.
     She was almost there. Just as Tilia reached the bottom, the door crashed open. Xander looked down, 2 floors down. A full 20 feet, could he make it? It didn't matter, he had no choice.

     He hurled himself from the window.
   


© 2012 Caleb Robinson


Author's Note

Caleb Robinson
Please rate and comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hope theres more comin soon!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012
Tags: science fiction, adventure, teens, guns, slow motion, action, parkour


Author

Caleb Robinson
Caleb Robinson

Chengu, Sichuan, China



About
I am 14 years old, I love to write (seems obvious) I usually write action or fiction, but at times I will write comedy. more..

Writing