The river lines

The river lines

A Chapter by Reveur
"

How to take care of the heart of someone else? How to make sure you don’t break it accidentally. How do you realize you can’t keep it? Or worse, don’t want it?

"

When does the meaning stop to be what it seems? When does it grow beyond the realms of the common? Nobody knows, dear. Nobody knows but the reader; for the meaning of the lines is always what we infer from them. Yes, indeed; lines have no destined meaning. Thoughts have. In the same manner, that brook has no distinct color. Water has, isn’t it?

Water is always that lustrous, transparent, beautiful thing which makes the world go serene. Regardless, whoever carries that water imparts its color to it. And water impartially concedes.

Such is the infinite adaptability of thoughts. They are constant. But, they take upon whichever coefficient is applied to them. These coefficients are our lines. It is the value of this coefficient, my readers, which depends on the handler. Doesn’t brook take along the sand it dances with? It is sandy, it is clayey and whatnot. Hence, people! Hence, it is really interesting to read between the lines. Not important, no. But interesting nevertheless, for who doesn’t love the beautiful textures water takes �" be it in an artificial lake or a natural pond, be it a river or a sea. It is enchanting; and satisfying.

Hence, I am going to tell you how my hero and heroine learnt of this little thing, but not so early. They took their own sweet time, made their own lovely mistakes and knit their personal interesting shelter �" the shelter of memories to keep them warm at times and let them experience the weather at others. The same way there is the earth �" which both contains the seas and induce tsunamis. Now, before I pave your way easier than I already have, and lay open before you all the pitfalls you can avoid and mountains you can evade in your tailored version, I would like to engage you a bit more towards the theatrics; because theatrics is what makes a scene interesting. Otherwise, we all have our personal blend of bland life.

I presume most of my readers don’t know what Alice advised Shannon Bodine regarding the heart of her son. Have you read Nora Roberts?, for either a good piece is recognized by all, or it finds its way into the darks of the unknown. Worry not, I am there to tell you. “It’s hard to judge what can and can’t be. In the heart. You’re holding his, Shannon Bodine. The only thing I’ll ask you is to take care, great care with it. If you find you can’t keep it, or don’t want it after all, hand it back to him gently.” That is what she told her. And no, all our presumptions from the established ordeal between a man’s mother and his lover would be false here, it we are thinking of any. For this duo had just met and the mother was extremely confident of her son’s choice. So now, we find ourselves wondering impartially as to what we feel about this.Certainly, we feel this is what ought to be done. But that is not the topic of this debate. The real problem is, how.

How to take care of the heart of someone else? How to make sure you don’t break it accidentally. How do you realize you can’t keep it? Or worse, don’t want it? In the end, how do you hand someone’s heart back? This is what gave our heroine heart to hold his, at times when she grew desperate to drop it and run. For how could she hand it back to him gently, ever? Was it even possible for even the most skilled surgeon to swap hearts between two living loves? Or non-loves? Or any species, for that matter?

What made him tick at difficult times? What was he afraid of at the difficult times? He didn’t even know how to detach her heart from him he had conjured so deeply and unknowingly. Departing was not even an option. He wasn’t the one to think and act. He had demanded her heart, claimed it; and installed it in his system with root rights. He wouldn’t boot without it. And an attempt to gain that root privilege by anyone would either generate non-retractable error or a brick of his system. But what is unique in this? Isn’t every love story the same? Patience, people. Don’t behave like an impertinent child. The narration would be enjoyable if we are more like the adults we ought to be. For this isn’t some fairy tale or some adventure comic. Those will be dealt with in some other lifetime.



© 2016 Reveur


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: Friendship, Life, Love story, Teen love, Romance, Eternal love, Story, Religion differences, Odds


Author

Reveur
Reveur

Gurgaon, India



Writing
Try Try

A Poem by Reveur