In the ever after.

In the ever after.

A Chapter by Reveur
"

Who is a man, people? One who doesn’t cry, has sculpted built, is six feet tall or has husky voice and musky fragrance? Or the one who could use his IQ, patience and mouth when needed, the minimum?

"

By now, if you are following this story, you may be wondering where I am going with this. And when will the story start? How did our hero meet our heroine in this little fiction of theirs? How did he come to like her? When did she start noticing him? In short, what is their story? To this, I’ll say, my dears, that you are restricting your conceptions far too much and I happen to promote anything but that. Widen your perspective and listen to what I have to say now.

How did this come to be a norm that a love story is how two people meet, how they fall in love, how they realize it and the happily-ever-afters? It can be a meet story, a falling-into-love story, a realization story because the real love story starts only when they are finally in love and realization. It is the things they do of love, for love and by love. But how do we know that when every love-story focuses on everything but love and escapes the enormity of delving into the emotion with six golden over-exploited words �" “.. and they lived happily ever after.”

It is this happiness I intend to present. In the process, it may happen that I need to tell you how they met in reminiscence. I may, in a rush, present the story of how he proposed to tell you how sincere or not his feelings have been.  Regardless, this is essentially a story of their happily-or-messily ever after. And now that I have made my heartfelt confession, I’d like to request you to lend my story your ears. For a storyteller is a storyteller only by virtue of the listeners. This title I chose today was not to support my blabber, however relieving it was. It’s sole purpose was to present to you the story of how our boy (and our girl’s mom) paved their way to the happily ever after.

Our boy is a liberal Hindu, people. And his mom a devote one at that. Our girl is a passionate Christian, her mother could use the same adjective. And if this story turns out to be another religion-no-bar, I’ll be damned with both, a funeral pyre and a vampire casket. Thankfully, the terms Hindu and Christian are just terms for me and her life for his mom. Before you run after Brutus with wooden chairs and benches and what not, please listen to me complete, my country-women (and men). Being a devote believer is no crime. The eternal truth is, we are how we are shaped in our nascent ages. At a time and place she spent her building phase, considering religion for their life was common and only-generalistically-probable scenario. But it was not the case with the boy. And then there was this elaborate scenario where his mom offended her momher mom took the offense and didn’t back down for nothing, shehad to subside with mom given the twist of events and then rose the boy as a man. As her man. Taking stance, showing determination and playing pacifier to convince the ladies to let old-age be old-age and walk with the current times. This process took a year and a half people and we don’t have that much time or inclination to relive it. What we are aiming though, is to stalk their way to their happily ever after.

Who is a man, people? One who doesn’t cry, has sculpted built, is six feet tall or has husky voice and musky fragrance? Or the one who could use his IQ, patience and mouth when needed, the bare minimum? Perfection is highly overrated, dear readers. A baby-maker* is just another blanket which is warm and cozy and large enough to take two people but small enough keep them together. A happily ever after partner is just another partner who is warm and cozy and large enough determined to be there, happily, ever-after. The rests are the beautifying add-ons you could do without.

*Baby-maker was a blanket in the movie, ‘The Proposal’, dating back to generations and with a 100% success rate of Baby-making whenever used in required scenario.



© 2016 Reveur


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: Friendship, Life, Love story, Teen love, Romance, Eternal love, Story, Religion differences, Odds


Author

Reveur
Reveur

Gurgaon, India



Writing
Try Try

A Poem by Reveur


The river lines The river lines

A Chapter by Reveur