Emotions are a moment. Thoughts prolong them.

Emotions are a moment. Thoughts prolong them.

A Chapter by Reveur
"

You are contended in an instant. You get hungry in an instant. And back. Nevertheless, you remember it till late. Aren’t there only a few moments to cherish from hours and hours of living?

"

They roamed about in the periphery of Palika Bazaar, New Delhi. Eating at this outlet, checking fiction novels at that. The boy looked on for weird accessories, wondering upon each of them for their usage. The girl walked aimlessly, upset as she was, upset as she almost always was, whenever they were out with other common friends.

It was almost always a routine for her to be cranky and moody in such a scenario. But never when alone. Never when alone. Alone was bliss. Alone was comfort. I am not trying to imply it here people, that she was a dominant, trying to tie him up to her and veil him at the same time. No. He was free to enjoy his own time. She cherished hers.

But, compromise is not everyone’s virtue. I don’t find compromise to be even a virtue, but please, feel free to ignore me. What do I know of virtues, and what don’t I know of sins? That, we will discuss someday, I promise. If not, remind me. *wink*

Today, is for our birds. Love or not, depends on our time frame of consideration.

And at this moment, our girl, or rather his girl, was feeling anything but love. And that had all to do solely with company and nothing with his faults. But who else could she focus her anger on? He was her sole punching bag. She couldn’t replace him with anybody else.

This was how he was found guilty without trial.

This was why he was doing good deal to distract her from feeling dispersed. This is why he was trying to deviate her attention.

In a few of his successful moments, she even gave him bits to feed upon and feel less famished.

Their friends joked, ‘Get her to eat something. Ise bhookh lagti hai to ye heroine ban jaati hai.’  But they didn’t know her, did they? Did she like to share his time with anybody. Probably not. He knew this. Understandably, he gave her moments to adjust to it, each time. And when she was ready to adjust and comply, they could spend their day like a happy team thereafter.

This simple was it all, done in a span of moments. Isn’t this how emotions work? You love something in an instant. You feel hurt in an instant. You are contended in an instant. You get hungry in an instant. And back. Nevertheless, you remember it till late. Aren’t there only a few moments to cherish from hours and hours of living?

And the thoughts over the felt and the unfelt stretches it long.



© 2016 Reveur


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: Friendship, Life, Love story, Teen love, Romance, Eternal love, Story, Religion differences, Odds


Author

Reveur
Reveur

Gurgaon, India



Writing
Try Try

A Poem by Reveur


The river lines The river lines

A Chapter by Reveur