Erosion

Erosion

A Poem by Rita L. Sev
"

<>

"
The mighty mountain 
built from moments 
and memories
standing on 
a solid foundation
rock-strong, weather beaten, scarred 
by the lessons 
of (human) nature...

erosion is a b***h.

© 2014 Rita L. Sev


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is the wind and water that erodes us. Good poem Rita.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Indeed, shapes us - like the sculptor's hands... Thank you, Relic.
Relic

10 Years Ago

You're welcome Rita.
I can relate to this one Rita. It can be applied not just to an individual but also to relationships in particular marriage. Many things erode strength but still we stand the effects for all the world to see. Wonderful write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Red!
i really like this...no matter how strong we are emotionally...too much heartbreak is going

to eventually wear us down...those mountains can be taken down...the heart erodes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacob.
That it is, but what through all of the adversity of its environment, stands stronger than the mountain? Inspirational words here, Rita.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

That is the hope, Travis - that the mountain still stands, even after the storms... Thank you.
Bitchin metaphor Rita, how do you do it, so few words that clobber you over the head and say pay attention, now!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Frieda - a bit of that chipping away going on - kind of wrote itself...
This is a very interesting poem. I believe it's about the troubles in life that everyone must go through which in turn alters us. I am not mature enough yet to fully understand, but I believe that your poem is a great explanation of the woe that is brought on people by the circumstances of life. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Aaron. We bring on a lot ourselves, but then circumstances can wear us down further...
It sure is the mother of all b*****s! Great write:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Sometimes it feels that way... Thanks, Jon!
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Yep welcome Rita dear friend:)
yes yes yes.....erosion is a b***h, i like the lessons of human nature...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

We learn new ones each day... Thanks, Cassie!
A powerful write. I like the metaphor alot. You are comparing the towering human nature to the natural elements of a mountain. That is sooo clever by you. Then the effects of erosion on both. That is amazing...:)......

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sami!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)..............
Indeed it is Rita. My skin can attest to that. This was a very charming poem. You do have a way of bringing what is natural to us in a brand new light. Very, very nice my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Jack! I appreciate your kindness.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 30, 2014
Last Updated on January 30, 2014

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..