Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

Chapter Two

When we were on the road, I snuck glances at her while she was humming and tapping her manicured hands on the window sill. A couple times she caught me staring and gave me this cocky grin making me blush. It took all my will power to keep my eyes glued in front of me.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked after a while.

"The nearest police station," I answered.

She gawked at me.

"You're having me arrested for killing a dog? You said it yourself that it happens!"

I laughed. "No, they might know where you're from."

"Why would they know that?"

I smiled. "The world works in mysterious ways."

"I'll say."

The silence afterward stretched making the air uncomfortable.

"Fay," she says suddenly.

"What?" I say as I turn to face her.

"My name, it's Fay."

"What, am I worthy now?" I asked smirking. I turn my head back to what's in front of me.

"No it's just that if I don't tell you now I might forget to tell you later."

"Why, do you have a short term memory or something?"

"More like no memory at all."

I gave her a questioning look.

"I'd really like to tell you but everyone says I can't."

"There you go about the whole everyone says this and that crap again. Why do you listen to what everyone says?"

She just shrugged.

For the next twenty minutes I watched Fay mutter absent-mindedly to herself oblivious to my presence. Maybe she does belong in an asylum.

When we pulled into the station lot, I went around, opening her door for her.

"You weren't kidding about being gentlemanly," she observed.

"I'm true to my word."

She nodded and held out her hand for me to help her out.

I held on to her hand a little longer than necessary and we both blushed. We dropped our hands awkwardly and headed for the building.

Opening the door for her, we walked into the foyer. It was crowded with officers and town folk but one person in specific stood out as he yelled, "There! There she is! Get the kidnapper!"

I stood stunned for a minute before being tackled to the ground. An electric current flowed through me as Fay yelled my ear off. I jerked around a bit as I finally realized that I had been Taser gunned. People gasped and stared but I was distracted by the pain streaming through my body.

"Stop this nonsense!" I heard Fay scream in front of me.

My vision blurred red but I could make out fay poking some guy in the chest.

"He's helping me not kidnapping me!"

"You don't know what you're talking about," the guy dismissed her. "Take the abomination away before I bring in the lawyers!"

"Lawyers?" I croaked still jerking as two officers pulled me to my feet.

"George, just listen," Fay insisted.

"It's Greg. God Fay when are you going to remember that!"

"I'm sorry, just listen. I was not kidnapped. I was-

"Say that to this sorry fool. I don't have time for this. Take him away," he ordered the officers.

"What?" I gurgled as I was brutally handcuffed.

"Stop please!" Fay cried as they half walked half carried me away. "I'm going to get him out of here and you won't stop me!"

"Why do you even care?" the guy asked.

"I just do!"

"That not a reason."

"You're right that's not a reason. The reason is that I feel like I have more in common with a stranger that I do with you!"

He gasped.

After that I was carried out of the room no longer hearing the rest of their conversation. They Taser gunned me again for resisting when they tried to hull me into a prison cell.

"No!" I croaked. "I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be in Oregon!"

"That's what they all say," one of the guards tell me pushing the cell door shut behind me.

I withered and jerked for a long while before everything went dark.



© 2015 Rockel Mansaray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray