Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

Chapter Twelve

We ended up in Henderson at 11 am in the morning. Wenn had taken the wheel a couple of hours before so I can rest for a while, and it was when I emerged from my slumber that I realized we were passing the road me and Fay had first met.

"How far are we?" I asked groggily.

"Um well, not far because I kind of made a little pit stop a whiles back." Wenn admits guiltily.

"What!?" I sit up straighter. "What kind of pit stop?!" I ask frustratingly.

It was then when I realized a series of men in motorcycles and black trucks following us and the speed of my car going more than 80 miles a minute.

"What the hell Wenn, what's going on, what did you do?"

Wenn seemed content with the situation but the words from his mouth were anything but reassuring.

"I kind of saw this cool little bar a little ways from here, so I thought I could take a little break and stop by but..."

"But? But what Wenn?" I ask frantically looking back and forth between the gang of furious looking bikers behind us, and Wenn's cocky face.

"But... I kind of got myself into little complications, involving a dare, and the mythical bar fights that happens in movies all the time."

I growled impulsively.

"You idiot!" I yell in tense anger.

"Well, that's no way the treat you're getaway driver."

I sit back in my chair and closed my eyes, trying to bring back some sanity into my life.

"Okay, okay." I say calming down.

I took another glance at the angered mob behind us, then calmly turned back around and faced the road.

Wenn looked at me shockingly.

"Wow that was fast."

I keep my eyes on the road, not trusting myself to look at him right now.

"Wenn." I say coolly.

"Yes?" He answers a little frighten by my inexplicably calm demeanor.

"Where exactly are we?" I ask.

"Outside of Henderson." He answers immediately. We're in the outskirts of Los Vegas now."

"Good." I say pulling out map from the compartment under my seat.

Scanning the map, a whole different part of me takes the lead and points Wenn towards every one way street, every busy intersection road, and busy bridge crossing I could find to lose the mob behind. We finally got rid of all of them at a border crossing which we crossed and when they were completely gone, we crossed back.

"Phew!" Wenn says, trying to lighten the anxiety in the air. "That was a close call wasn't it?"

I don't answer.

He sighs, with guilty written all over his face.

"Sorry for the little detour. You're not mad at me are you?" he asks almost innocently.

I reluctantly turned to look at him. Half of his mouth line was tipped up almost like he didn't know whether it was okay to smile or not. As a guy who can never hold a grudge for too long, I spared him of his guilt.

"Just keep driving moron." I tell him.

He lets out a full blown smile knowing he's been forgiven.

"For a second there, I thought you had my head."

"Don't push it buddy." I warned.

He zips his lips and focuses on the road again.



© 2015 Rockel Mansaray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray