Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
chapter 5

chapter 5

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

Chapter Five

I wake up beaded in sweat. I couldn't seem to control my ragged breathing and I was shaking hysterically. I look around franticly to see that I'm still at the dining table. Left over take out was pushed to the side and a trail of drool was left where my face had lain. My gaze fell to the door and a shiver rushed out of me. Slowly I crept over to the door and even more slowly, I pulled it open and waited. The sky was clear out. There was no wind blowing and definitely no fog. I let out a shaky breath and close the door.

"It was just a dream," I sighed in relief.

"A stupid creepy dream."

My phone beeped from the other side of the room indicating another text from Fay.

"R U ok?"

it read.

I furrowed my brow confusingly.

"Yeah, Y?"

"Just a feeling, it's a gypsy thing."

When was she a gypsy?

"I'm fine but thanks for checking up on me."

"No problem D, goodnight okay?"

"Yeah, night."

I shove my phone in my pocket sigh exasperatedly. "Even Fay knows you're going crazy and she's not even here." I shake my head dubiously and head up to bed so I can sleep for real this this time. My head is killing me and I have a report to get started on for work tomorrow.

As I enter my bedroom, the first thing I see is the big collage filled with pictures of my life before Oregon. There were lots of pictures of my friends from school in the collage of pictures and most of these people, like my family and some friends are still stuck there right now. I'm one of the lucky ones. I got out before it was too late. My sister though unfortunately was not so lucky. She had to stay behind and take care of our deranged mother who is still yet to get over our suicidal father's death.

I stripped down to my boxers and threw my clothes into the hamper before climbing into bed and snuggling up in the warmth of my blanket. I turned off the light and stared up at the ceiling for about an hour thinking about my dream earlier. Even as sleep drowned me my mind was still on the dream and to make it worse, I dreamt about that dream over and over again. It was set on replay in my mind all night and I had no choice but to go through it all over again... and again... and again.



© 2015 Rockel Mansaray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray