Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

Chapter Seven

At school the next day, as usual, Esme and I walked in side to side, drawing attention as always. She clung to my arm desperately in her everyday anxious manner that I was already used too.  

"Are they staring?" she whispered timidly.

"As always." I reply. "Nothing different. They're the same." 

Esme shook her head. 

"Of course they are." 

I look down at my new, shy yet abrasive, fake girlfriend, seeming to already know what she was going to say next. 

"When are we going to stop being in the spotlight? It's been a month and yet we're still the talk of the school." 

"It takes more than a month, Esme. Patience." 

"Be patient for how long then? Another month? Three months?" 

I roll my eyes and somehow, Esme seemed to have expected it because she looked up at me now. Her face stern. 

"This fake girlfriend thing was a stupid idea. It's not going to work. 

"Wow Es. Talk about faith." I reply sarcastically. "Come on don't you trust me? I mean haven't I been a great boyfriend over the month??

"That's not the point." she argued. "And you're forgetting the whole 'fake' part in all this."

"Whatever, the thing is is that you need me."

We reach our lockers but both of us don't  make a move to open them. I gently lean Esme onto the lockers so she doesn't get stepped on again. 

" See. I'm helping!" 

"Put you're voice down!" Esme whisper yelled. "We already have enough eyes on us as it is." 

I look around. Only a few stared at our heated conversation.

"God d****t,  Esme. For a shy, blind girl you sure are a b***h sometimes." 

"It's how I balance out." she replied smugly. 

I tuned away. 

"Just open you're damn locker." I swiftly placed her hands onto her combination lock. "I'm going to cool my brain off from you for a while." 

I press my temples and start to walk away, but Esme small hand holds the back of my shirt, forcing me to stop. 

"What?" I say annoyed. 

That is until I see the look on her face. Through those dead blind eyes, the look of complete terror enveloped her. I can see it in her stance. 

She didn't say anything and continued to stare dead at me. Her words were spoken though, and impulsively, I grabbed her hand. It felt much natural now then it did before. Esme seemed to agree because she didn't flinch like she did before whenever I touched her.  

"I'll wait, princess, like the perfect boyfriend I am." I tell her. 

Esme nods before opening her locker. 

Before shutting it, she tells me. 

"You're not all perfect, boyfriend. You could use a little touch up in a place or two." 

"Ha ha, funny." 

I wait for her to wrap her arms around mine. 

"So where am I taking you? Sports for the blind?" I smirk, forcing her to smile. 

"Now look who's being funny. Just take me to class, moron." 

"I swear, Esme, It's like a roller coaster with you." 

"You're an open hose." she shoots back.

"Meaning?" 

"You damn right talk too much." 

I laugh. 

"I think you're talking about the wrong person."



© 2015 Rockel Mansaray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray