Forgetting Constitution.

Forgetting Constitution.

A Chapter by Sandra Nair

The main idea that is to be presented in this chapter is 'Forgetting Constitution'. In our Indian constitution, both fundamental rights as well as duties are equally important. But do we give them equal rights? When we talk about gender equality, just think about the justice our 'fundamental duties' receive? Like women, that part of the constitution is violated a lot. We always say that women are not aware of their rights. Yes, it is true in many of the women's cases. At the same time, false in many others’.


Everyone are well aware of their rights but not of their duties. Men know everything about their fundamental rights, but what of their duties? Who cares, right? They always forget their duty of respecting others. Do you think they respect women? Or do they even respect themselves? Let's consider the political leaders. They're also aware of their rights- I should receive a monthly salary, I must get an allowance, I can travel free of cost by train throughout the country. Yet, they do not know what their responsibilities are. 


What is the use of the constitution when it is violated, rather not even obeyed. Dear citizens, when you try to learn your holy books I cannot stop you. But I can urge you to understand our constitution. For your awareness, let me tell you, ' Indian Constitution should be our Wikipedia which we can refer for all our doubts. We tell to our children stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata when they're young. At the same time, explain them the rules , rights and regulations laid down in our constitution. Teach them, violating it is just like disobeying the God.'


Jaihind!



© 2016 Sandra Nair


Author's Note

Sandra Nair
Dear friends, thank you for reading my essay.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like.... u pay attention to the things no one else would.

Keep going....your growth will be determined by how passionate u r about what you are writing....the more u research your topic the more u get attached and emotionally enslaved to the way you write about it....

thats how you draw the people to memorize something that is obviously important to you!! well done

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nigel Mim Avedon

8 Years Ago

hahahaha... you dont like Allen Poe?
Nigel Mim Avedon

8 Years Ago

you believe in yourself and you could do things..... truth
Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Yes, I do like him and every wonderful writer.
well i liked your thoughts and how you tried to explain the current situation and how people follow the constitution.... clappings for your effort....it was quite good but i think you should put some more specific thoughts in it like putting some constitutional laws and how people ignore them and even forget them....but don't worry it was good, you just need to work out some more things in it to make it more catchy and feelful for the reader....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thank you, friend. I also felt that I have to write more. But today I am feeling too tired and can't.. read more
Right
In an essay, NEVER use I. That makes it bias
Also, research the Declaration of human rights (if it applies to you)
Outline what the role of women are and how they are expected to act in your society

Where did you get this information (Reference)

All in all, good work, just a few nitpicks but im an english freak

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thank you for that. I will make the edits. Then, reference. Actually, no Indian need a reference. We.. read more
Littlelady

8 Years Ago

You read them
In the top part
Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Okay! Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2016
Last Updated on March 8, 2016


Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair