Princess for a day

Princess for a day

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

I walk into the auditorium and take a seat on a long bench behind a pane of glass. I smooth out my dress and watch as a boy and his pet parakeet take the stage.

The boy starts to hum a beautiful tune and lets his parakeet fly around the room. The birds sweet tweeting filling the room with song.

I want to go up and talk to the boy, to sing with him and his parakeet, but as I stand, the woman beside me sits me back down.
"That is no way for a princess to act." She says.
She doesn't know that I am not her daughter.

I make my way back to the princesses room, sent away for bad behaviour. This is not what I thought it would be like to be a princess. I hear a knock at the window. Looking out I see myself staring back at me, though I know this is actually the real princess.

I open the window and let her in.
"Thank you for letting you switch places with me today." She says, "It was truly wonderful."
"Of course." I reply "You have a pretty rough life I can see."
"Please, I want you to have one of my treasures." She says as she opens one of the elegantly carved drawers. Inside lie a bunch of common place items. I know now why they are her treasures. I look at a digivice toy that lies beside a stack of cards.
"Oh," I exclaim, "You like digimon too?"
"Of course." She replies smiling. " I am glad that we have something in common."
"I guess we aren't so different after all."


© 2013 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is adorable and bittersweet. well done, ginge :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow. This is really good. Wish I had dreams like that... Lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol I read books of all sizes, just so long as there is enough for me to read. I usually only read f.. read more
Eryn ♪

10 Years Ago

I see. :) Alright I'll add another chapter then.
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

:3 I have a lot of requests idk when I'll be able to read it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2013
Last Updated on August 5, 2013
Tags: dreams


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..