HER FRUIT GARDEN

HER FRUIT GARDEN

A Poem by Shabeeh Haider

She came to me and gave a smile and handed me the keys,

She gave her garden as a gift, its flowers, fruits and trees.

I turned the lock and stepped inside; marveled at what I saw,

Such perfect trees, such ripened fruit, I could not see a flaw.

I took a plum between my lips and gave a gentle bite,

The juice that filled my mouth told me, the sweetness was just right.

I took the mangoes in my hand; they felt so soft and sweet,

I knew my tongue would very soon, enjoy a lovely treat.

The melons made my mouth water; I felt my hunger grow,

I bit in to their juicy flesh; I knew it would be so.

And finally between two trees, I found the hidden peach,

The garden and its tasty fruits are now within my reach.

© 2016 Shabeeh Haider


Author's Note

Shabeeh Haider
Taken from my book: RIPPLES ON MY SOUL

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You indicate your words are included in RIPPLES ON MY SOUL and this poem is such an appropriate piece for entry into a book with such a title. Your soul has surely been mesmerized by the beauty found within this garden that makes me think of The Garden of Eden where everything was provided. You express your longings with romance and sensuality. This is surely a garden where the body, mind and spirit were exquisitely satisfied! Reach out and behold a wondrous treasure!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Sheila, thank you for such a kind review.



Reviews

Shabeeh Haider,
"HER FRUIT GARDEN'
"She came to me and gave a smile and handed me the keys,"
A woman actually possesses great power to sway. The above line shows kindness on her part as well as trust.
All remaining lines are very beautiful in the way love is described. Gentleness, respect and fulfilled desire.
You did a beautiful job with this one as it allows the imagination to be enticed.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is beautiful! I can imagine an orchard in the morning with the mist slightly there, at least that is what I pictured from this amazing poem! I liked how the description of the fruit painted a deliciousness to it! Also, the description of how the fruits were soft, sweet, and there to bite out off makes the readers feel as if they are actually there tasting the fruit and could actually smell it! Overall, this is a magnificent poem!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Thank you Galaxy. I love the review. What could be better for a poet than a reader who can actually .. read more
GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

You are so welcome!
This is so beautifully written it reads like a smooth rich drop of red.
Rhythmic and your rhyming is always tight!

Ngā mihi maioha (warmest regards)
Rach

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautifully done my fellow wordsmith! Rhyme, cadence and meter are done to perfection. You made me anxious to get my garden planted...and I have 6 fruit trees being delivered within the next 2 weeks. Happy drooling! LOL~ Sharon

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Sharon, thank you for your kind words. 6 fruit trees, my, my, this warrants another poem.... Drool
Your poem reads very smoothly with good rhyme & rhythm & pacing. I like that you've described all these fruits in such a way as to symbolize the various parts & aspects of one's beloved. Your writing is full of rich imagery & variety. My only small complaint is that I don't prefer messages that describe 100% perfection. This does not resemble any fruit or person or life I ever knew. I think the true beauty of life also includes things that are contrasting to all this sweetness, such as the slightly sour plum that tweaks our tastebuds at first bite and then slowly melds into sweetness after chewing a bit. I'd like to see more reality in a poem like this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Life is made up of various flavors and is a blend of different colors. Man, the most complex of crea.. read more
It shines in grace and simplicity.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Kuro, thank you for your words.
Rich imagery in this write....and a bit of a double meaning too I believe. Lovely. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Lydia, a lot of double meaning here....Thank you for your kind words.
This is a very nice poem, sir. Full of imagery. My mouth watered after reading it. The beginning is beautiful, the middle is excellent- and caused my mouth to water- and the ending is brilliant. What a gift it is, a garden. Your lover did gift you something which will always keep you felicitous and please you with its beauty. Keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Thank you Vatsal for such an insightful review.
You indicate your words are included in RIPPLES ON MY SOUL and this poem is such an appropriate piece for entry into a book with such a title. Your soul has surely been mesmerized by the beauty found within this garden that makes me think of The Garden of Eden where everything was provided. You express your longings with romance and sensuality. This is surely a garden where the body, mind and spirit were exquisitely satisfied! Reach out and behold a wondrous treasure!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

Sheila, thank you for such a kind review.
I'm with Woody, wow, what a sensual write. I'm thinking of going on an all fruit diet.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

8 Years Ago

James. An all fruit diet is a healthy diet

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2016
Last Updated on April 28, 2016
Tags: poetry, love, shabeeh

Author

Shabeeh Haider
Shabeeh Haider

Makkah



About
Writing poetry is my passion. I have been writing since I was 10 years of age. I love the poets of the Romantic Era and am very particular about rhyme, meter and balance. I have also written many Gha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by Ted Kniffen