COME LET US MAKE A WISH

COME LET US MAKE A WISH

A Poem by Shabeeh Haider
"

So much hatred everywhere

"

Come let us make a wish,

While gazing at the stars,

It’s time to end the hate,

It’s time to heal the scars.

 

The Earth is big enough,

For all to live with love,

We swim in the same sea,

We share the sky above.

 

The same things make us smile,

We all feel the same pain.

One sun shines on us all,

The same clouds send us rain.

 

Come let us live in peace,

Let us give love a try.

We don’t have much time here

For soon we will all die.

 

It’s time to end the hate,

It’s time to heal the scars.

Come let us make a wish,

While gazing at the stars.

© 2016 Shabeeh Haider


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a lovely poem. You incorporate many different elements - the air and sea, weather, the experiences of joy and pain, the stars - that unite us as human beings. No matter who/where/when we are, we all experiences these things. I also like the lines "We don’t have much time here / For soon we will all die" - a bit dark, perhaps, but not in a gruesome way. It's the stark realization of our own mortality, which is another characteristic we all share, and something that should motivate us to work for change before our time is up. Finally, I really like how you repeat the first stanza at the end of the poem with the lines switched up. It adds a nice sense of cohesiveness, and I love the image of "gazing at the stars." Overall, very well done. Great work!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Alicia. this is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to read this poem



Reviews

When I read poetry that tries to express a strong message, in most cases, the message is the only thing good about it. Usually, it's filled with cliches and "unnatural" rhyme that just make it such a bore to read. This, however, is an exception. I loved reading this. You had a good theme in this poem, and wrote about it in an eloquent way. Great work.

-William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

William, thank you for your kind words
amazing... rhymes perfectly...
very true to wish and very thoughtful...
in short, inspiration at its best!!!
good job...
Anindita

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Thank you Anindita. We can hope for the best
This is the best poem of yours that I've read so far. Your message is straightforward & simple (which I prefer) & you've picked a message that couldn't be more fitting for the way things are going these days. Not only is world news filled with tragedy, but also a few friends are experiencing the worst kinds of tragedies, such as suicide, etc. That's why your message really hits the spot with me this morning. I absolutely LOVE the way you SHOW (not just telling) all the ways we have stuff in common, we share this planet & all the same feelings. Very excellent job of crafting an uplifting read perfect for these times.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

I am glad you liked this poem. Any sane person is pained by all the events that have been going on. .. read more
Hatred has contaminated the world. We must put an end to it- like you said- and go for peace, love and affection. This poem is sweet and would make a memorable piece. We must indeed look at the stars and make a wish, "God, please put an end to hatred, violence, envy, and all such things which contaminate the world and spread happiness, affection and peace everywhere."
Beautiful poem. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

I hope we all realize it before it is too late. Thank you Vatsal, for your kind words
sweet, lovely and calming poem! keep writing :D

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Shadowine for your encouraging words
yes, let's ....peace and love.

not all this chaos...a nice straightforward expression of what we are all wishing for.

poets for peace...we can send the message at least...but will they hear it?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Unfortunately Jacob, even if they hear it.....it will fall on deaf ears
If only, if only. Life's too short, the world's big enough, etc etc. There are so many reasons for us to avoid hatred and hostile conflict, but, alas, we are indeed hostile beasts. Great message, of course.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Clifford, there are so many reasons but you have summed it up so well. We are "hostile beasts"
so true
Come let us live in peace,

Let us give love a try.

We don’t have much time here

For soon we will all die.

i love these lines
very thought provoking piece of work

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Zunie
zunie frost

7 Years Ago

welcome !!!
This poem reminded me of the violence visited on the LGTBQ community recently in Peshawar, Pakistan and in Flordia. Just wanted to share the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government allocated Rs 200 million to the transgender budget for the first time in history. I think that is a great step in the right direction. Your poem reminded me of all this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Haider, this poem is in response to all violence and murders that are born due to hatred. Let us pra.. read more
This is a lovely poem. You incorporate many different elements - the air and sea, weather, the experiences of joy and pain, the stars - that unite us as human beings. No matter who/where/when we are, we all experiences these things. I also like the lines "We don’t have much time here / For soon we will all die" - a bit dark, perhaps, but not in a gruesome way. It's the stark realization of our own mortality, which is another characteristic we all share, and something that should motivate us to work for change before our time is up. Finally, I really like how you repeat the first stanza at the end of the poem with the lines switched up. It adds a nice sense of cohesiveness, and I love the image of "gazing at the stars." Overall, very well done. Great work!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Alicia. this is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to read this poem

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

510 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2016
Last Updated on June 16, 2016
Tags: poetry, love, shabeeh

Author

Shabeeh Haider
Shabeeh Haider

Makkah



About
Writing poetry is my passion. I have been writing since I was 10 years of age. I love the poets of the Romantic Era and am very particular about rhyme, meter and balance. I have also written many Gha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pandora Pandora

A Chapter by Aurafiex