Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Shakita Slater

It is through sharing ourselves that we see who we really are. Look closely. Can you see two faces in the wall behind us? Look closely. Can you see at least two sides to every situation? Do you have a game face or do you wear your heart on your sleeve? If you hold your emotions inside they often come out in little ticks, involuntary facial expressions, and gestures because the body doesn't lie. If you open your heart for the world to see there's nothing left to hide and the truth really will set you free.

One of the things that I love about myself is my raw, open, emotional truthfulness. You always know exactly where you stand with me and exactly what I'm feeling. I am fierce and unafraid to tell it like it is. No game face, no hidden agenda, just the pure simple truth, for better or worse. I love me! Sharing yourself and your truth is a bold step in being totally authentic. Have no fear. Your light will shine. 

What are you afraid of? Do you think there is something inside of you that is so dark and twisted that you'll be rejected? Do you think you've done something so wrong that you won't be forgiven? There are no perfect people in the world. Sharing yourself wholly and completely, the good and the bad gives you the confidence and the courage to believe that you, with all your flaws and imperfections, that you, exactly as you are, that you are worthy of love. Even if you only have one person that you can be totally yourself around, that's all it takes. You need at least one person that you can be totally yourself around as the starting point for authenticity

All that really matters is the love you share. Everything else vanishes, but love is forever. Drop anything that gets in the way of sharing more love. Drop ideas, philosophies, yoga poses, studies, arguments, dogmas, desires, fears, resentments, history, right and wrong, drop it all the moment you see that it moves you away from love. Nothing is more powerful than love. Love is a miracle. Love shines in hopeless places, promising a new dawn, a new birth, a new beginning. No matter who we are or where we come from we are all looking for love. What is yoga but a way to live in love? 

Pure and simple. To love is to live. Love yourself. Love your friends and family. Love your world. Love so big that it contains all the opposites of the world. Love so strong that no matter how much resistance you meet you know you will never break. Love so fierce so you know only love is real.

Live and let live. But don't let anyone walk all over you. When something crosses a line do not lie there and take it. State firmly that the action, behavior, speech or experience simply does not work for you. Set your boundaries clearly, lovingly and patiently. Give up all vindictiveness, uproot all bitterness, burn up all anger. But be resolute about who you are. Stand up for your greatness. Don't settle for anything that plays you as a second rate citizen worth less than your true value.

Stand your ground peacefully and lovingly. Be strong enough to walk away from an abusive situation if you need to. But also be quick to forgive at the first hint of a heartfelt apology and real signs of substantive change. But don't back down or keep it all inside. Speak up for yourself. No one knows if it crosses a line for you unless you tell them. Don't bottle up your emotions and wonder why the world doesn't treat you right. Take action. Express yourself, your desires, your needs. Stand your ground. And build your life on the rock of self confidence that comes from knowing exactly who you are. You are strong. You are whole and complete. You are a bright and beautiful spirit. You have been born to share a unique and valuable contribution to the world. Never forget it! 


© 2017 Shakita Slater


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017


Author

Shakita Slater
Shakita Slater

Arkham Asylum, GA



About
-Single Mother (w/personalities of Harley Quinn & Morticia Addams) -Writer/Poet -Coffee Addicted☕ -Vampira⚰🦇 -Blogger -Tomboy💪🏽 -Unicorn🦄 -Witchy Wom.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Shakita Slater